So If the Streak Continues Until Feb. 13.... | The Boneyard

So If the Streak Continues Until Feb. 13....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm throwing myself on the mercy of BY'ers who may be in a better position than I to figure this out. This question is especially targeted at those living in and around Connecticut, who can judge the atmosphere and attitude of fans and team alike. So here goes.....

I've been a fan since '95, my wife since 2000, when she met me. Living far away for many years, we did not see games live for as long time (though I did see the last #90 win at Pacific and she joined me as we watched the team lose to Stanford two nights later. Now that we live in Florida, there are at least a few games to see. We went to FL State and, having survived that, CFU. We will go to the SFU game in Tampa in February.

I thought that maybe we could travel to one of the sites where the team was playing -- Tulsa, perhaps, or Dallas, but it seemed awfully expensive for the kind of game we were likely to get. Then my wife suggested, "How about South Carolina?" She was thinking that it'd be special because, assuming UConn can run the table and win that one, it would be the 100th. And it's costly, but no more so than a game in, say, Tulsa or Greenville.

So my question is this: Will they roll out anything special if the team wins, or will it just be another game to win? If we go to the trouble of planning this trip (assuming they don't lose in the meantime), will it be worth it?

Reaction Score
Next game at SMU, 1/14/2017, must be really good to watch since all the medias will be there for the #91 win.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
So my question is this: Will they roll out anything special if the team wins, or will it just be another game to win? If we go to the trouble of planning this trip (assuming they don't lose in the meantime), will it be worth it?

IIRC, on 2/19/2012, before that home game even started, "UConn people" came through the stands, especially into the student section, asking people to stay and celebrate the 100th consecutive home victory. Unfortunately, St. John's won, 57-56, celebration canceled and any giveaways may have ended up either in the recycle bin or being mailed to a third world nation that could use them. Does anyone remember this?

Bad karma...

Reaction Score
Well, that probably answers that. I recall the game but not that detail.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I think South Carolina is a really good game against a really good opponent. I wouldn't focus on what ordinal number it would fall into if the streak were still active. It's just a great game to plan for in a great environment at Gampel.

Edit: you also have to account for the possibility of terrible weather in Storrs any given day in February. Many people, me included, couldn't brave the elements to make it from Ellington (i.e., my town) to Storrs in February of 2015.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline