SNY streaming? | The Boneyard

SNY streaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
I currently have DTV, just because it's the only way I can get SNY and see our girls living here in Cincinnati. Both DTV and my ISP are looking for rate increases and I've had enough.

I was wondering if anyone here uses SNY streaming and if so, how well does it work?

BTW, I can get a FIOS package that gives me more channels (except SNY), phone service and faster internet for a 2 year period and save almost $60 a month over what I am currently using.

Thanks.

Reaction Score
If you live outside of the blackout areas, and have internet with ESPN3 access you can stream all the sny games on ESPN3 for free. You won't get to see pregame, Halftime and post game shows, or the Geno show which kind of stinks, but since I can't get sny it works for me.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
And if you get a Roku3 and have either ESPN access through a cable or satellite company - OR get a Roku Sling TV subscription for $30 a month which gives you ALL the ESPN channels coverage including ESPN3, Watch ESPN, SEC,etc. plus a bunch of other cable channels - you can stream it all on your big screen digital TV in glorious HD.

Reaction Score
If you live outside of the blackout areas, and have internet with ESPN3 access you can stream all the sny games on ESPN3 for free. You won't get to see pregame, Halftime and post game shows, or the Geno show which kind of stinks, but since I can't get sny it works for me.
Thank all you "guys" all good useful info--apparently there are a lot of options out there --but the trick is finding it--the info presented here isn't something the average bear would find out in the woods. I tried for years to get CPTV--jury rigged my satellite , lied about where I actually lived --but I never got CPTV. SNY, to me was a God send, we all know in the not too distant future --we'll have the opportunity to select the specific channels from anywhere--the technology is there now.

Reaction Score
Thank all you "guys" all good useful info--apparently there are a lot of options out there --but the trick is finding it--the info presented here isn't something the average bear would find out in the woods. I tried for years to get CPTV--jury rigged my satellite , lied about where I actually lived --but I never got CPTV. SNY, to me was a God send, we all know in the not too distant future --we'll have the opportunity to select the specific channels from anywhere--the technology is there now.

Reaction Score
This link provides some info:

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/132...ed-does-it-really-offer-espn-amc-hbo-and-more

If you plan to watch through your desktop, laptop, or supported portable device, then you don't need an extra box. So it depends on your setup. If you have a PC with the right kind of video card that has HDMI output, you can hook your PC to a high-def TV set to watch on a larger screen. I have my TV hooked that way and plan to subscribe to Sling when WNBA season starts.

Reaction Score
Video game systems like Xbox and PlayStation also can be used for espn. Sling is more restrictive but is on Xbox one. I had sling for the end of the cbb season, just the basic set of channels which includes ESPN and espn 2, I think the sports package is $5/month more and includes the rest of ESPN networks and a few more. I will probably get sling again in the fall. But basic sling did not have ESPN3 access so if I used a watch ESPN app with my sling account I had to log out of sling and back in with my ISP to watch espn3, like games on sny or game replays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom