Smu had powerful looking athletes | The Boneyard

Smu had powerful looking athletes

Reaction Score
That was a case of bigger stronger faster. It's been a running problem-- we have length but we lack many other physical attributes.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Ever see Kevin Durant...not exactly Hercules

But this is a thug league. It really is. If I was a slightly built but highly skilled HS kid, I wouldn't sign with any school that plays in this league.

Reaction Score
That was a case of bigger stronger faster. It's been a running problem-- we have length but we lack many other physical attributes.

I noticed this too, and it does concern me but then I remember that we won it all in 2014 with two small guards and a string bean PF. The rest of the team wasn't exactly muscle beach material either. I guess my point, or my theory is that all things being equal, strength will win out, but a high level of skill can overcome a lack of strength.

Reaction Score
I noticed this too, and it does concern me but then I remember that we won it all in 2014 with two small guards and a string bean PF. The rest of the team wasn't exactly muscle beach material either. I guess my point, or my theory is that all things being equal, strength will win out, but a high level of skill can overcome a lack of strength.

We had disruptive speed
on that team that compensated for a lot. Right now we dont have that speed to make up for other attributes. Hopefully next year with Adams back--maybe Vital putting on 10 pounds and adding some speed Gilbert and our new incoming PG will help us get back to a higher level of team speed.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
we made them look a lot better than they are

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
UConn was always bigger, stronger, faster...

Now, not so much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom