SMU Gets Home Town Support | The Boneyard

SMU Gets Home Town Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Or not.

"The significance of keeping the streak alive against No. 20 South Florida was stunningly obvious. The Huskies set a program record for largest margin of victory over a ranked team, 102-37.

"They looked like a team that was on a mission to do something that was really important to them," coach Geno Auriemma said. "I told them in the locker room that was as good a 20 minutes of basketball as any of them have ever been a part of."

With the women's Final Four headed to Dallas for the first time in March, the championship trophy will be on display at Moody. There's little reason to think the Huskies won't be posing for pictures beside that trophy on their return trip in three months.
"
Memo to the Mustangs: UConn has won 117 straight games against opponents outside the Top 25, and 292 of the last 293. This season they are winning by an average of 82.9-55.5 overall and 92.0-43.3 in the AAC.

"Some things you just can't really explain; you just have to enjoy it." Auriemma said. "We don't set out to do these kinds of things. We don't set out to set records, break records or keep track of records. We set out to play as hard as we can, play with as much energy as we can."

Can the SMU women's basketball team stop Connecticut from making history at Moody? | SportsDay

Will there be a good turn out?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
OK - SACASM Alert:

Nice little piece, but something one of their players said really annoys me:
"We were focused on Tulane, but it's always in the back of your mind," forward Alicia Froling said. "They're the No. 1 team in the country. They're a powerhouse. They've dominated the women's game for a decade now."

Decade, really, I can't believe she would so belittle Uconn's 2o+ year reign of terror by reducing it to just the last 10 years. I am sure this is going up on the board in the locker room, and i suspect the starting five will average 39 minutes each as Geno shows no mercy!

[Just want to fit in with the boneyard trick of parsing everything written or said about our women looking for insults. :rolleyes::eek::cool:]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall
Top Bottom