Slain girl made a Honorary Husky (merged thread) | The Boneyard

Slain girl made a Honorary Husky (merged thread)

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
On New Year's Eve, 13-year old Shamoya McKenzie, a young girl with dreams that included UConn, WNBA and being a business major, was killed by a stray bullet. Family members reached out to the program, and they responded:

UConn officially made Shamoya McKenzie an honorary member of the UConn women's basketball program Friday, complete with a No. 30 jersey to match her number at Mount Vernon. A letter enclosed in a package ended with, "Once a Husky, Always a Husky."

Reaction Score
On New Year's Eve, 13-year old Shamoya McKenzie, a young girl with dreams that included UConn, WNBA and being a business major, was killed by a stray bullet. Family members reached out to the program, and they responded:

UConn officially made Shamoya McKenzie an honorary member of the UConn women's basketball program Friday, complete with a No. 30 jersey to match her number at Mount Vernon. A letter enclosed in a package ended with, "Once a Husky, Always a Husky."

Here's the link:
UConn women's basketball makes Shamoya McKenzie honorary team member

Reaction Score
This tugged at my heart and brought more than a tear to my eye. I wish the best for her family and pray that she rest in peace. The program is right: Once a Husky, Always a Husky.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Would be hard to believe there are not a lot of tears on the boneyard after reading this.Her family has my prayers.

Reaction Score

Every time I read something negative about Geno and or this team--it's things like this that keeps my smile going--but in this case tears of sadness and joy.

The only joy that would be better--had Shamoya McKenzie been alive to see it happen. God Bless Geno and
protect this family.

Reaction Score
Justice slow but sure

Wow justice finally arrives after 12 years. How sad, otherwise Shamoya McKenzie may be a UConn juior now.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Wow justice finally arrives after 12 years. How sad, otherwise Shamoya McKenzie may be a UConn juior now.
Only 4 years, I also think that she would have been a senior in high school this year. It's a shame that she was killed. The perps should be all charged with murder as far as I'm concerned.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Every time I read something negative about Geno and or this team--it's things like this that keeps my smile going--but in this case tears of sadness and joy.

The only joy that would be better--had Shamoya McKenzie been alive to see it happen. God Bless Geno and
protect this family.
So true, and good to hear from @BroadwayVa.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom