Skylar Diggins is in the SI Swimsuit issue | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Skylar Diggins is in the SI Swimsuit issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Christie Brinkley first appeared on the cover of SI in 1979. She recently turned sixty. Who says it doesn't last forever?

christie-1024x877.jpg
No, I'm afraid it doesn't last. Christie can no longer sink the 3s like she used to. But on the other hand, she can still dish.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
And why is it that the BY threads on SI Swimsuit issue stuff always get thousands of views? Does this say something about the clientele that hangs out here.

Reaction Score
I disagree with your essential point that the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue is soft smut and find your rationalizing of The Body issue somewhat disingenuous. If Diana had posed for the swimsuit issue and Skylar for The Body issue, I'm sure your points would have been reversed.

No. My point would not have been. D would be doing what S has done. The point is not this or that person, but rather the context in which there are put and th desired effects. In the end, it is about celebrating the human body in a sexualized (perhaps sexist) world. I am uncomfortable with the Body Mag. for reasons I and others have suggested; however, I can see that they recognize the pain of realizing their goal without all the frollicking. Are they fully successful? I think not because we cannot willed ourselves out of it. SI's project with it's swimsuit is a diff animal. It is selling the sexualized body. Were Diana/Sue/Moore, etc to put on a swimsuit it would be the same. SI could deside to have only lesbian women (of all shape and size ...) in swimsuit and gage the response. (Sex is in everthing and not just in sex- Barthe).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits
Top Bottom