SIZE of new recruits | The Boneyard

SIZE of new recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A lot of talk about need for another "big".....some implicit concern about the size of the girls coming in. My old pen and ink records show Turner around 6'0", Battle the same, Hayes the same, Moore the same, Faris 5'11", and Cash 6'1".
The current four seem to range from 5'10 to 6'0 as early high school Seniors. My take is that
the older UCONN players listed here could certainly rebound against most anyone. Areed?? (And, obviously, they could do a whole lot more than rebound, for the most part.)
The new kids are seen generally as being very athletic. Seems like there is enough size there to get the job done???
Sure I hope we get a big girl before all is said and done.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Correct and correct. Ekmark and Nurse are 6'0", Williams is 5'11", and Edwards is 5'9". Stokes, Tuck, Stewart are all over 6'. But other than that, yes some height is needed. Lots of kids in the 2015 class that Geno is after are tall - 6'2" and above.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
A lot of talk about need for another "big".....some implicit concern about the size of the girls coming in. My old pen and ink records show Turner around 6'0", Battle the same, Hayes the same, Moore the same, Faris 5'11", and Cash 6'1".
Turner and Battle were listed at 6-0 (but I think that was pretty generous). Hayes was listed at 5-10. And I always thought the TAS was 6-2, all 3 of them.

I agree though, would like another big...say about 6-5, maybe from say SC??

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Lots of kids in the 2015 class that Geno is after are tall - 6'2" and above.
I read about Samuelson (6-2), Boykin (6-2), Brown (6-5), and Collier (6-1). And then there was some talk, not sure how true this is, about a Kiesler (6-6). All from 2015. I'm sure some others might surface late.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I read about Samuelson (6-2), Boykin (6-2), Brown (6-5), and Collier (6-1). And then there was some talk, not sure how true this is, about a Kiesler (6-6). All from 2015. I'm sure some others might surface late.
I did not know about Kiesler. Did not even find her on the top 60 list. is she from 2015? I know that Geno has already been out to visit Lauren Cox, the #1 player and a 6'4" post from Texas in 2016 as well...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geeze,who knew. Really never needed Kara, or Rebecca or Tina, not to mention Momma Stef and all the others in between. What a relief. :rolleyes:

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score

meyers.. I think Gabby Williams ability to jump gives her the reach of a kid 6'2" or 6'3".... maybe I'm just hoping that is the case. :D But, that video VAMike found of her high jumping was incredible..!! Obviously, the injury is an issue, but hopefully not too serious. Even so, I guess Kelly Faris did ok at 5'11".....:cool:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Post players are more about body type and mentality than specific height. Stewie and Stef are very different players and of fairly similar height but you really do not want Stewie to be down low battling a Tina or Stef on defense or offense. In a pinch she could do it, but it would wear her down physically and you would waste some of her unique skills. KML can be good in the low post because though she is only 6' she has the build to overpower weaker players that may be a bit taller.
I have no idea about the incoming class, but I am pretty sure the preference would not be to have any of them trying to defend Williams or Russell. Desire and skill can overcome a lot but tall and skilled will beat short and skilled all day in the low post.

Reaction Score
meyers.. I think Gabby Williams ability to jump gives her the reach of a kid 6'2" or 6'3".... maybe I'm just hoping that is the case. :D But, that video VAMike found of her high jumping was incredible..!! Obviously, the injury is an issue, but hopefully not too serious. Even so, I guess Kelly Faris did ok at 5'11".....:cool:

David, I always enjoy your posts. However, I hope Doris Burke doesn't latch on to the following tidbit:
"Gabby Williams ability to jump gives her the reach of someone 6'3."
I can hear Doris repeating it over and over and over and over...

Reaction Score
All three TAS members were 6'2". JMo was 6'3" and before that they had Schuey who was 6'5".
I think if we land A'ja Wilson that would be wonderful. The following year I would think Geno would go more post players and maybe one guard at max. But we have a number of guards type players coming in./ As someone pointed out Samuelson (6-2), Boykin (6-2), Brown (6-6), and Collier (6-1) would all be excellent additions. Or at least three of the four. I really really really want a big girl a nice 6'6" would be wonderful....

Reaction Score
All three TAS members were 6'2". JMo was 6'3" and before that they had Schuey who was 6'5".
I think if we land A'ja Wilson that would be wonderful. The following year I would think Geno would go more post players and maybe one guard at max. But we have a number of guards type players coming in./ As someone pointed out Samuelson (6-2), Boykin (6-2), Brown (6-6), and Collier (6-1) would all be excellent additions. Or at least three of the four. I really really really want a big girl a nice 6'6" would be wonderful....
http://the-boneyard.com/blog/recruiting/womens-basketball-recruiting/
I see a few BIGS in the 2015 list There is a nice 6'6" post player in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom