sio vs lyle | The Boneyard

sio vs lyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i would just like to hear some opinions on this. i wa smad about it in my dear warde rant thread but anyway i want to hear some others view of this.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I think he's asking why each one got a quarter-game suspension, whereby Lyle's offense was an arrest and Sio's offense was getting mad at the medical trainer. I'm upset about Sio's suspension also, and isn't it something that USF's only touchdown came while he was on the bench...

Reaction Score
It's absurd. Just one more thing that P has handled poorly.

Apparently physical altercations with women resulting in arrest = arguing with the medical trainer.

Reaction Score
It's absurd. Just one more thing that P has handled poorly.

Apparently physical altercations with women resulting in arrest = arguing with the medical trainer.

I'd really like to hear more about the "Sio incident" from reliable sources. Something's amiss... I did hear in a round about way that the incident in Syracuse involved physical contact but I wouldn't bet my credibility on the source. I'm not saying the person said he hauled off and hit the good Doc but there was some sort of shove involved. I don't know...

Reaction Score
I don't know what McCombs did. The fact that he was arrested in a domestic dispute doesn't tell me anything. When police are called in to a domestic situation, it is normal for them to arrest both the male and the female. It doesn't mean McCombs didn't do something troubling, but I can't know he did just for the arrest.

If Sio touched the team Dr. in any threatening way, I have no issue with him having been suspended for a quarter. Even if he wasn't trying to harm him in any way, and even if it cost us a game. Which it very well might have.

Reaction Score
Just saw this posted by Des last night - a bit more color:

By DESMOND CONNER, dconner@courant.com
The Hartford Courant
11:41 p.m. EDT, November 3, 2012

TAMPA ——

UConn senior linebacker Sio Moore did not start for disciplinary reasons. Moore got into a confrontation with UConn team doctor Jeff Anderson as the team was leaving the field at Syracuse.

Redshirt freshman Jefferson Ashiru started in Moore's place.

Coming off the field after the 40-10 loss in Syracuse on Oct. 19, Moore appeared to charge toward Anderson.

When asked about it the next day, Pasqualoni said: "No big deal, just a little bit of frustration. Guys are playing hard, it's an intense, emotional thing, just a little bit of frustration. One minute it appeared to be a little bit of a scuffle, and the next minute everything was fine. There was no big deal. "

Pasqualoni also said at the time that Moore wouldn't be disciplined.

"Nah, just the emotions of the moment, football, especially at that time," Pasqualoni said. "He was fine."

Moore was back on the field in the second quarter with the Huskies trailing, 7-0.

Moore said after the game: "Coach P and I talked about some things that had to be done. It's not something I really want to dive into. I was very apologetic to my team for missing that first quarter. I just tried to come out when I was able to and give the best effort I could.""

Reaction Score
McCombs should have been suspended longer. 1 quarter seems appropriate for Sio. We already hashed out the Lyle poor handling, so that should be enough.

Reaction Score
P is coming across as too pliable to me. Sitting out a quarter does not send a message. Folks leaving camp and then returning also makes me wonder. An OC struggling mightily, but still running the same bull . Standing on the sideline not calling TOs when they are warranted. I don't see the leadership.

Reaction Score
McCombs should have been suspended longer. 1 quarter seems appropriate for Sio. We already hashed out the Lyle poor handling, so that should be enough.

I agree with this. McCombs shouldn't have gotten on the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom