Sick of PP.... | The Boneyard

Sick of PP....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Being so stubborn with the running backs. If we were very successful it would be one thing to run one back almost exclusively, but we suck. Why not try something else?

Reaction Score
The changes we implemented on offense with the coaching change may have us jacked up another year.. until the new coaching staff ( even though we don't think it's new but clearly, with the offensive play, it is ) gets its players at the positions they want...

Bad move by Coach P going the Deleone route with offense... This is college ball bro.. UCONN is still an up and comer... The offense is obviously too complex... The OL is killing us for one... Plus, we clearly don't have any RB depth with this offense... WMU is spanking us right now... There's only so much a D can do... Offensive play like what we've shown is/can be demoralizing to the D....

Reaction Score
The changes we implemented on offense with the coaching change may have us jacked up another year.. until the new coaching staff ( even though we don't think it's new but clearly, with the offensive play, it is ) gets its players at the positions they want...

Bad move by Coach P going the Deleone route with offense... This is college ball bro.. UCONN is still an up and comer... The offense is obviously too complex... The OL is killing us for one... Plus, we clearly don't have any RB depth with this offense... WMU is spanking us right now... There's only so much a D can do... Offensive play like what we've shown is/can be demoralizing to the D....
Why not rotate someone else in at RB? I can't keep waiting until next year.

Reaction Score
College football has evolved into the wide open offense game. If you're still stuck on run, run, pass on third down, punt, play field position, the game has passed you by. Deleone should realize its time to retire after this year. When they opened the offense a little we scored a passing touchdown. Imagine that. Our last drive was done in by that Phillips drop but that was a perfect pass by whitmer. Give the kid a chance, he can throw the ball. Don't be so afraid of to fail by taking a chance.

Reaction Score
Whitmer was 9-13, that half. I think its safe to say he could pass the ball, yeah he makes the occasional blunder, but if your going to trot him out there, don't hand cuff him.

Reactions: pj

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Whitmer was 9-13, that half. I think its safe to say he could pass the ball, yeah he makes the occasional blunder, but if your going to trot him out there, don't hand cuff him.

There were also two easy (from what game cast claimed) drops.

I'm going back to my pet peeve of 2007-2010. We need a better WR coach (among other changes to the coaching staff).

pj

Reaction Score
I like PP a lot, but the offense just makes everything look so difficult. The WMU offense was spreading the field and giving the QB a chance to place the ball where the receiver has an advantage over the defender. I don't think the WMU defense is as good as ours, and I don't think our offensive talent is that much different. The results ought to be better.

Reaction Score
the idea to run a shotgun snap 2 plays after replacing the center . .. . . WTF doesnt begin to cover it

Reaction Score
the idea to run a shotgun snap 2 plays after replacing the center . .. . . WTF doesnt begin to cover it

Not just a shotgun snap, but a shotgun snap right after a QB change.

Reaction Score
College football has evolved into the wide open offense game. If you're still stuck on run, run, pass on third down, punt, play field position, the game has passed you by. Deleone should realize its time to retire after this year. When they opened the offense a little we scored a passing touchdown. Imagine that. Our last drive was done in by that Phillips drop but that was a perfect pass by whitmer. Give the kid a chance, he can throw the ball. Don't be so afraid of to fail by taking a chance.
No one realizes it's time to retire. These guys will hang in there until fired. It's what, a three year contract? I think they get one more year and no renew. We really need younger blood.

Reaction Score
I like PP a lot, but the offense just makes everything look so difficult. The WMU offense was spreading the field and giving the QB a chance to place the ball where the receiver has an advantage over the defender. I don't think the WMU defense is as good as ours, and I don't think our offensive talent is that much different. The results ought to be better.
I stated this last week during the game. Offenses excel at what they set out to. We're never going to look comfortable throwing the ball with an offense designed to play conservative field position football. Look at what WMU did to our vaunted defense.

Reaction Score
Pasqualoni was not a good hire in the first place. He's improved our recruiting but it doesn't matter when results don't show on the field. It's time to cut our losses.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Pasqualoni was not a good hire in the first place. He's improved our recruiting but it doesn't matter when results don't show on the field. It's time to cut our losses.

Define improvement? 2 star recruits with MAC offers?

This is a joke. A god damn joke.

Kragthrope, G Rob absolutely torpedoed and set back Ville and Cuse for years.

That is us except we'll be in a far worse conference playing on a network nobody watches.

I've never been as down about the future of our program as I am today.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
On side kick? Stop the vanilla Paul! WM called they know McCombs runs the ball left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom