Should we play Tennessee, or not? | The Boneyard

Should we play Tennessee, or not?

Do you want to us to play Tenn play in a regular season game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This topic has been discussed many times for several years in many threads here with passion from both sides. I'd just like to see how it all shakes out. What more could be said or argued? Please just vote, no more explanations or justifications are needed (fat chance!).
If you still want to debate, the other post is still open.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This topic has been discussed many times for several years in many threads here with passion from both sides. I'd just like to see how it all shakes out. What more could be said or argued? Please just vote, no more explanations or justifications are needed (fat chance!).
Assumes current circumstances, apology by Tenn, correct?

Reaction Score
We should play them just to show how big the gap has become since they cancelled the series.

Reaction Score
I think we should play Tennessee. I think it would be great for the game. It might not be a great time for us but I feel if there is an offer on the table to make it a premier event on tv (ESPN, CBS, etc. ) that we should do it for the good of the game. I realize that it will give Tennessee an extra boost but as much as I hate to say it I think we owe them one. Pat played us when I never expected it. Geno had the most to do with us being successful but she opened the door. If Holly isn't a premier coach then that will also come out in this series. I'm sorry I don't think the ship has sailed. Every season we have to hear about this series. Let's just do it.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
As our esteemed mod has pointed out, there is nothing to apologize for and no one (to my knowledge) has taken exception to his rationale.

And so the answer to the query is: Yes, Yes, YES !

CL82

Reaction Score
We should play them just to show how big the gap has become since they cancelled the series.
They know. That's likely why they did an about face and started asking for a game. It would give them the illusion of relevancy.

I suspect if DD meshes well with the existing Tenn players those of you pining for this game have a decent shot at seeing it happen. She's a talented kid.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
As our esteemed mod has pointed out, there is nothing to apologize for and no one (to my knowledge) has taken exception to his rationale.

Ah but the Supreme Commander of this Board (aka Nan) has taken the opposite view (as have many others on the prior thread.)

Oh and I meant to ask assumes no apology. That's what I did and voted no.

HGN

Reaction Score
Who cares ? Geno has said he is not concerned with it , and couldn't care less. And I tend to agree with that opinion. The teams will meet somewhere down the road and it will garner much hype and will be good for WCBB , at that time.

But neither side is screaming to schedule it , and no network ( ESPN, etc.) has offered enough $$Money to have the teams to talk about it. Leaving it a Happening looking for a Date and Time.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

And as our esteemed Head Coach has pointed out, until an apology is forthcoming from them with regards to Maya and her mother, no game will ever be schedule. Period, end of story.

JS

Reaction Score
Ah but the Supreme Commander of this Board (aka Nan) has taken the opposite view (as have many others on the prior thread.)
You and msf are referring to my post here.

Nan disagreed, in a post upon which you now seize as akin to a Supreme Court ruling, and I responded to her response here.

Following which the Chief Justice was appropriately conciliatory if not in a state of abject concession.

Your comment at the time, which I'll now address, was as follows:

Agree generally, except that it doesn't address the "Geno knows what he did", Pat's BP comment, and the "doing things the right way line of crap" that regularly ladled out by the school.

You're right that I sloughed off the question of an apology for Pat's behavior as follows:

3. As far as the innuendo, it was wrong and it's still being carried out by certain of PHS's minions and acolytes. But they aren't official, and as far as PHS herself, well, that was what it was.

"It was what it was" may have been overly delicate, so allow me to supplement that remark. I see no possibility whatsoever that official TN will apologize for Pat Summitt's infuriating innuendoes. Certainly her colleagues can't do it, and the notion of her doing it herself is absurd.

That's why you and others have suggested some skillfully worded general statements of regret that would skirt the personal behavior. Of course, they won't do that either if they really believe Ms. Summitt was onto something. In which case "they," to be honorable, should substantiate or STFU.

And "official" TN has done the latter, far as I know. If anyone knows of Ms. Warlick, for example, pushing the "she did things the right way" line of insinuatory crap, I'd be interested to see it in context. That's the work of Ms. Cornelius and her cretinous crew, for which "official" TN can't apologize.

As a final note on the subject of Ms. Summitt's personal behavior, particularly "Geno knows," etc., I was struck by the comment of Diggerfoot, who as an Alzheimer's activist knows whereof he speaks, that such evasions and deflections are typical of Alzheimer's patients. That rings true to me.

So, bottom line, I still don't see apology as necessary or feasible, though I don't doubt that some kind of face-saving language could be devised if both parties were willing. Which, far as I can see now, is a project doomed to languish.

I hope the myriad of links in this post work. I never tire of linking myself, which sometimes threatens to be the biggest source of attention my thoughts get.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The day Lady Vols give an unconditional apology to Maya and her Mother for their actions and the actions/words of the Lady Vol fans is when Geno should consider scheduling a game with the proceeds being split between Pat's foundation and a cause that Maya supports. While were at it, Maria should also be required to apologize for the Threads on the Summitt that she and the other Moderators allowed.

Reaction Score
You and msf are referring to my post here.

That's why you and others have suggested some skillfully worded general statements of regret that would skirt the personal behavior. Of course, they won't do that either if they really believe Ms. Summitt was onto something. In which case "they," to be honorable, should substantiate or STFU...

... As a final note on the subject of Ms. Summitt's personal behavior, particularly "Geno knows," etc., I was struck by the comment of Diggerfoot, who knows whereof he speaks, that such evasions and deflections are typical of Alzheimer's patients. That rings true to me.

... I never tire of linking myself, which sometimes threatens to be the biggest source of attention my thoughts get.

I want to forewarn you that amazing strides are being made in understanding Alzheimers, so who knows what might happen as far as Pat's future could bring.

Also, I want to bring everyone's attention to your possible first use on the Women's Board of the Olde English term, STFU.

Plus, I am quite sure that your use in this thread of the word "insinuatory" is the first use anywhere on an American WCBB message board.

Well done!

Last edited:

Jim

Reaction Score
>> Do you want us to play Tenn in a regular season game?
Geno frequently played eleven in some of the AAC regular season blow-outs.
Oh, Tenn, not ten. )(%()@#)*U(*&! Never mind.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
There's no discussion or debate, Geno has said in no uncertain terms that until UT and Pat Summitt apologize to Maya Moore and her Mom and the UConn, there will be no resumption of the series, so the whole conversation and polls are moot. Neither school needs the other and if they do play it'll be in the NCAA Tournament where choice won't matter.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Has the tournament committee even placed UConn and Tenn in the same region since they last played? I can't remember if so, and if not, it kind of speaks volumes about the committee doing someone's bidding.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Has the tournament committee even placed UConn and Tenn in the same region since they last played? I can't remember if so, and if not, it kind of speaks volumes about the committee doing someone's bidding.
Nope, looking back they have not been in the same bracket.

Reaction Score
I would rather play Tenn than any team in the American Athletic Conference. At least the game would be competitive. Watching UConn beat the high school caliber teams of the American Athletic Conference by 50 points every night gets old. It's more of a basketball exhibition rather than a sports competition. Kind of like watching the Harlem Globe Trotters play the Washington Generals. My preference is to watch a competition where I don't know the outcome before the game is played.

Reaction Score
No, quit thinking about them and focus on the schools that are actually on the schedule. It's not worth thinking about.

I agree.....poop has hit the fan for the 3rd time. I don't get what the obsession is. It just turns people into not so nice people when discussing this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom