Should Mccombs have played yesterday? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Should Mccombs have played yesterday?

What should PP have done with Mccombs on Saturday?

• He should have been suspended for the RU game

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • He should have played the entire game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He should be suspended pending the outcome of his court appearance

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • He should continue to play pending the outcome of his court appearance

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • The decision to sit him for the first quarter was correct

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • He should be thrown off the team

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Geez, does anyone remember this? It turned out to be just a prank. But there were plenty of people ready to condemn Anderson based simply on the fact he'd been arrested. I am NOT saying that McCombs pulled a prank, just that people shouldn't jump to conclusions.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I see you don't like one little thing about PP, do you? :)

If he did something that was worth liking I would. A quarter suspension is idiotic.

He even said it was for a violation of team rules. I wouldn't be surprised if the quarter suspension was for breaking curfew and not the arrest.

Reaction Score
So you know for a fact that she didn't attack him and he was defending himself?

Look, I am in no way defending domestic violence. If he attacked her, I want the him punished to the full extent of the law. I know people whose lives have been harmed by domestic violence so I have a zero tolerance towards it. But we simply don't know the context in which whatever happened Friday took place so I want to hear the details before I condemn anyone.
I'm not implying that, but the report said he spit on and pushed her in a public place, so no matter how it started he was complicit in it ending up with the cops involved, so in my opinion he let the team down with that alone. The program part is the result of these guys wanting all the pr for the good and forgetting it shows up with the bad. The stuff we know was a fairly poor decision in my opinion no matter what happened earlier.

Reaction Score
Geez, does anyone remember this? It turned out to be just a prank. But there were plenty of people ready to condemn Anderson based simply on the fact he'd been arrested. I am NOT saying that McCombs pulled a prank, just that people shouldn't jump to conclusions.

I think the majority of people here aren't jumping to conclusions. Calling for McCombs to be kicked off the team at this point is unwarranted. But questioning why he was allowed to even make the trip to New Jersey is completely warranted.

U

UConn9604

Here's a fact that isn't clear to me: was it just after midnight on Friday morning (i.e., Thursday night) or just after midnight on Saturday morning (i.e., Friday night)?

If it's the latter, I don't understand what he was doing on campus. I had the privilege of traveling on the team charter to an away game (granted, this was a flight) but they pulled the kids out of classes on Friday afternoon and brought them to Bradley, flew to the game and had them stay overnight there.

I assumed that this was the same even for the close local games where they'd arrive by bus. If that's the case, how and why did he get back to Storrs when he should have been in a two-star hotel somewhere outside New Brunswick at the time?

If I'm missing something, please let me know, but I can't fathom how or why he was in Storrs 11 hours before kickoff.

Reaction Score
Sitting out a quarter is a joke of a punishment. P either believed LM was in the wrong in which case he should have been left in Storrs or he really did nothing wrong and should have played the whole game.

P needed to take a stand one way or the other. He straddled the fense and his players saw it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The only thing we are certain of is that he was involved with something that he absolutely should not have been involved in the Thursday before a road game. This warrants the first quarter suspension.

Once the court date is completed and the details come to light (and all speculation is cast aside) further punishment can be determined.

Reaction Score
I'm not implying that, but the report said he spit on and pushed her in a public place, so no matter how it started he was complicit in it ending up with the cops involved, so in my opinion he let the team down with that alone. The program part is the result of these guys wanting all the pr for the good and forgetting it shows up with the bad. The stuff we know was a fairly poor decision in my opinion no matter what happened earlier.
Not to mention this already has a significant strike against him.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Here's a fact that isn't clear to me: was it just after midnight on Friday morning (i.e., Thursday night) or just after midnight on Saturday morning (i.e., Friday night)?

If it's the latter, I don't understand what he was doing on campus. I had the privilege of traveling on the team charter to an away game (granted, this was a flight) but they pulled the kids out of classes on Friday afternoon and brought them to Bradley, flew to the game and had them stay overnight there.

I assumed that this was the same even for the close local games where they'd arrive by bus. If that's the case, how and why did he get back to Storrs when he should have been in a two-star hotel somewhere outside New Brunswick at the time?

If I'm missing something, please let me know, but I can't fathom how or why he was in Storrs 11 hours before kickoff.

Was Thursday night - hence the Friday afternoon leaks here.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I understand your point and appreciate that you understand that the bigger, stronger men need to be careful around women, who are vulnerable to them. I did note, however, that the girlfriend had also been arrested for "spitting, scratching and pushing her boyfriend" (from the Courant) so I do wonder what happened.

Reaction Score
I think the majority of people here aren't jumping to conclusions. Calling for McCombs to be kicked off the team at this point is unwarranted. But questioning why he was allowed to even make the trip to New Jersey is completely warranted.

Thank you, he put Uconn in the pr light once again in a negative fashion. His second arrest in his second year and he has to miss a few plays. Makes no sense at all. Paul has set an example for the rest of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom