Shane Nastahowski - Milford Academy LB- 6'2 225 lbs-2013 | The Boneyard

Shane Nastahowski - Milford Academy LB- 6'2 225 lbs-2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Shane Nastahowski - Milford Academy LB- 6'2 225 lbs-2013. This kid is an animal. Big, strong, fast, and smart. We need to sign this kid.

Reaction Score
I agree. Saw "Nasty" play in HS a couple times at Greenwich HS.
But it doesnt matter what we say. The staff wont offer him.

He'll probably end up at Temple playing alongside Matakevich (another FCIAC kid) for the next 3 years, kicking our .

Reaction Score
Does anyone on this board have any idea why we wouldn;t offer the kid. I too have been following him and know that he is a really good player and very intense competitor. This is the kind of players we need. Lets get it done.

Reaction Score
Does anyone on this board have any idea why we wouldn;t offer the kid. I too have been following him and know that he is a really good player and very intense competitor. This is the kind of players we need. Lets get it done.

His name won't fit across the back of the uniform.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
we need to offer him and his buddy who is also from gwich. both can play here imho.

Reaction Score
From John Battle - UConnReport.com Recruiting Analyst

Prep LB hoping for more interest from UConn

http://connecticut.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1426752&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

After finishing his Connecticut high school football career, linebacker Shane Nastahowski decided that he wanted more exposure. That led him to New Berlin (N.Y.) Milford Academy, where he hopes the extra time will catch the attention of more college coaches.

"Recruiting is moving along ok," said Nastahowski. "I just hope it gets a little better, but the schools that seem really interested are Penn State and UMass so far. Hopefully it picks up."

UConn is one specific school that he hopes will show more interest.

"I'm going to ask my coach to see if they called him, but that's a school I'm definitely interested in," said Nastahowski.

The 6-foot-2, 220 pound linebacker explained why UConn has peaked his interest.

"I like that it's close to home and I also have a lot of friends that go there," he said. "I also like the coaching staff as well."

Nastahowski detailed the reasons that he ended up at Milford Academy and how his season has progressed.

"I prepped to get more looks, offers and to get better grades, even though I was already cleared," he said. "My prep season is going well personally, despite our 4-4 record. I'm leading the team in tackles and we beat Princeton JV yesterday, which was our toughest opponent so far."

His time at Milford has helped Nastahowski improve certain parts of his game.

"I feel like my tackling technique has improved as well as my pass rush, even tough it's not where I want it to be yet," he said. "My size definitely needs to improve. I would love to gain some more weight and strength. I also could brush up on my speed and running technique, as well as shedding off blockers."

Nastahowski will travel to Happy Valley this Saturday for the Penn State game against Ohio State.

UConnReport.com will continue to stay in touch with Nastahowski to see if the Huskies begin to show more interest.

Reaction Score
He's good enough for Penn State but not for UCONN evidently.

More evidence that this UC staff has its head up its A_ _!

pj

Reaction Score
You may remember that Penn State is on probation and has recruiting difficulties right now? UConn should be recruiting ahead of Penn State.

We have a good crop of linebackers at the team at the moment, might take only one this year, and the staff is looking at Nastahowski and has to rank him relative to the other LBs they're considering and may want to wait to see if higher-rated LBs accept before extending the offer.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
we should offer, psu will still out recruit this staff fwiw...

Reaction Score
He's good enough for Penn State but not for UCONN evidently.

More evidence that this UC staff has its head up its A_ _!

Yup - the guy who coached DeMarcus Ware, Anthony Spencer, Bobby Carpenter, Joey Porter and Keith Brooking needs remedial education from the BY on how to evalaute linebackers. SMH

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Yup - the guys who coached DeMarcus Ware, Anthony Spencer, Bobby Carpenter, Joey Porter and Keith Brooking needs remedial education from the BY on how to evalaute linebackers. SMH

well they need it on how to run a O so who knows what else they forgot at this old age...

Reaction Score
There was no excuse for no offer on Matakevich. If we got beat out by another school then that's the breaks. This better not be the same situation.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Yup - the guy who coached DeMarcus Ware, Anthony Spencer, Bobby Carpenter, Joey Porter and Keith Brooking needs remedial education from the BY on how to evalaute linebackers. SMH

That's a great point. If there is one area on the field where I have a high level of confidence that the coaching staff will locate the right players, it's the linebacker position...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
His name won't fit across the back of the uniform.

His last name should be one of the reasons why we sign him!! "That hit was 'Nastahowski'!!!" I also really like it when a player is excited to hear from UConn. I always feel like that gives a kid an extra boost during his college career (think Lutrus)...

pj

Reaction Score
I also really like it when a player is excited to hear from UConn.

I'm not sure we should give weight to a player saying how excited he is to hear from us when he's still looking for his first offer. If he had other offers and still wanted to hear from UConn, I'd be pleased.

Reaction Score

HCPP coached these guys, he didn't recruit them or draft them. They were already GREAT talents and HCPP didn't have to find them, recruit them, or draft them.

With all the SH_T going on at Penn State, I still bet that they out recruit our staff by leaps and bounds this year and every year going froward that the current regime is in place.
Anyone want to take this bet? I didn't think so.

Reaction Score
HCPP coached these guys, he didn't recruit them or draft them. They were already GREAT talents and HCPP didn't have to find them, recruit them, or draft them.

With all the SH_T going on at Penn State, I still bet that they out recruit our staff by leaps and bounds this year and every year going froward that the current regime is in place.
Anyone want to take this bet? I didn't think so.

But coaching them doesn't lead to being able to evaluate quality talent? - which was all my point was about, nothing about going out into the weeds to find them?

Sucker bet - Penn State out recruits 75% of the program out there. BTW, does he have an offer from Penn State or only "interest"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom