Shane Day | The Boneyard

Shane Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Excellent!!! Day is in his late 30's and Washington just appointed Sean McVay, 27 as the OC/QB coach (Gruden will call offensive plays). Hopefully Shane gets the nod at WRs coach and can potentially further solidify Nick Williams' roster spot on the team. Besides, Santana Moss isn't getting any younger.

Reaction Score
All three QBs that played this year looked like D1, Qbs, even with mixed results. That hasn't always been the case for us. Shane Day was amazing hire by P. One of the few good things he did here.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Seriously? He would have to be the smallest OL coach ever.
Joe Bugel was the best O-Line coach is Redskins' history. He was pretty slight compared to the athletes he coached, including Mark May (ESPN College football analyst, 2x SB Champ) and Russ Grimm (4x SB Champ, including 1 as OL Coach). It's not about size. Its about imparting knowledge and teaching technique.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm not sure how tall GDL is as every time I saw him he was imitating Marty Feldman in Young Frankenstein while walking. He could be 5'9" or 5'10", but then again he could be 5'5" or 5'6". As I've never seen him walking fully upright I just don't know.

Mouse McNally (who was a quality NFL OL coach for many years) was a bit shy of 6' tall. I'm pretty sure that Joe Bugel was a bit over 6' tall (at that height the Hogs still would have towered over him).

I'm not sure how tall Day is but Casey (who needs lifts to reach 6') towered over him every time I saw the two together. More to the point, all names mentioned as alternates to my Day comment had a decent amount of bulk on them (not by NFL linemen terms but by every day standards) while if anyone saw Day in a restaurant or shopping mall would be stunned to find out he is a football coach. Also, all of the above names played OL at least at a collegiate level while Day likely never blocked anyone in his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom