SG Tyus Battle (Syracuse Commit) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

SG Tyus Battle (Syracuse Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ugh! Those NCAA sanctions really hurt Syracuse! LOL! What a joke!
You know they still have scholarships to give? Did you think that no one was going to go there and fill those scholarships?

The effect will be on the depth of the team, not the top of the rotation.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
tcf15 said:
It'll take time, but yes, the sanctions will hurt Syracuse. Cuse had been recruiting Battle for years and had already developed a relationship with him. Sanctions will probably hurt them in 2017 and 2018 classes.

Not so much when they are reduced in length and amount which I fully expect

They skated by.

Reaction Score
You know they still have scholarships to give? Did you think that no one was going to go there and fill those scholarships?

Yes, I know. Though they will skate around this as they only go about 10 deep anyhow. They will just force guys to transfer and then probably by the 2017-18 roll around the NCAA will lesser the sanctions. The whole thing is a joke. They should have been banned for at least 2-3 years from post season. Oh well!

Reaction Score

`

The depth will be tough, but in signing Battle along with already committed Matt Moyer..They have 2 guys who can play 2-3 different positions. Syracuse is doing a good job getting versatile guys into those 10 scholarship spots who can play multiple places on the floor.

Reaction Score
Heard that a visit was close.but guess things have changed

Reaction Score
djct1999 said:
This is a soft verbal.

syracuse.com said:
Gary Battle said Syracuse would be his son's college destination. There will be no more wavering.

"He's sure," Gary Battle said.

Reaction Score
Syracuse can thank UConn for Battle.
Actually, they can thank Mom & Dad:
But when the euphoria of the trip wore off, reality set in, especially for his mother, Daniella. She wondered if the 10-hour drive from Edison, N.J. to Ann Arbor, MI, would deter the family from spending time with Tyus, with seeing him play college basketball. And slowly, Tyus came to the realization that maybe Michigan wasn't the place for him. His dad, Gary, then urged him to take an official Syracuse trip that had been planned before Tyus committed to Michigan.

Reaction Score
Not so much when they are reduced in length and amount which I fully expect

They skated by.
The UConn fan in me would have loved to have seen more, but losing 12 scholarships over 4 years and being restricted to only 2 coaches on the road for recruiting, when 4 is the norm, for a duration of 2 years is a major penalty that can have a major impact on recruiting. I guess we'll see what happens after the appeal, though.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The UConn fan in me would have loved to have seen more, but losing 12 scholarships over 4 years and being restricted to only 2 coaches on the road for recruiting, when 4 is the norm, for a duration of 2 years is a major penalty that can have a major impact on recruiting. I guess we'll see what happens after the appeal, though.
We were banned for grades. We also weren't able to negotiate when it started. I wonder what they won't do to unc

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
We were banned for grades. We also weren't able to negotiate when it started. I wonder what they won't do to unc
Apparently word is Roy has been telling recruits that "nothing significant" will happen to UNC and that he has been "guaranteeing" it, likely meaning no post season ban.

Reaction Score
But when the euphoria of the trip wore off, reality set in, especially for his mother, Daniella. She wondered if the 10-hour drive from Edison, N.J. to Ann Arbor, MI, would deter the family from spending time with Tyus, with seeing him play college basketball. And slowly, Tyus came to the realization that maybe Michigan wasn't the place for him. His dad, Gary, then urged him to take an official Syracuse trip that had been planned before Tyus committed to Michigan.

It's still over four hours through the blinding snow from Edison, NJ to the Cuse polar region.

Reaction Score
yeah, I will take Gary at his word. If I were you, I certainly would not sleep until he signs that LOI. Until then................baby charmin soft verbal.

Reaction Score
Apparently word is Roy has been telling recruits that "nothing significant" will happen to UNC and that he has been "guaranteeing" it, likely meaning no post season ban.

If UNC gets nothing or just a slap on the wrist, the entire NCAA should just be flushed down the toilet. After seeing what happened to Syracuse, I already have a plunger in hand.

Reaction Score

Note to Mom & Dad - its 170 miles from Edison to Storrs versus 250 from Edison to Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Thank you for your interest in UConn basketball.

Says the guy participating in a five page thread about a Syracuse commit.

Thank YOU! Is what I'm trying to say I suppose :).

Reaction Score

Hey doc what brings you here? I mean the thought of a Cuse fan meandering on over to an insignificant programs board is shocking. You and Orange87 trying to figure out what is was like when Melo hung around for year, you know talking about "championships" outside the Helms realm?

;)

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Why?
*Whoosh*

Edit: I came back to edit because I felt like a jerk. Anyway TCF is poking fun at the Syracuse board fans who were saying "UConn can thank Cuse for Gilbert" shortly after his commitment as if them backing off somehow gifted him to us.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

WE talk about a lot of players here, jackwagon. This one just happened to commit to Syracuse. Well, for now anyways.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Hey doc what brings you here? I mean the thought of a Cuse fan meandering on over to an insignificant programs board is shocking. You and Orange87 trying to figure out what is was like when Melo hung around for year, you know talking about "championships" outside the Helms realm?

;)
Damn Mau....... u had to do him like that? Lol
@docsu came in for a sip of water, not knowing a croc was in the pond...

but Congrats Cuse, it was a good get, a much needed get for the program, if not Battle, you had to fall back on the local kid (forgot his name). Ya'll over at Syracusefan should honestly send a Thank You card to Ms Battle though, she got you Tyus.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Damn Mau.. u had to do him like that? Lol
@docsu came in for a sip of water, not knowing a croc was in the pond...

but Congrats Cuse, it was a good get, a much needed get for the program, if not Battle, you had to fall back on the local kid (forgot his name). Ya'll over at Syracusefan should honestly send a Thank You card to Ms Battle though, she got you Tyus.
I believe Boeheim already sent her a "thank you" gift basket...
0da35f7e6aae8bec54d729be47050d83.jpg

Reaction Score
Lets be kind to our visitors please.

Docsu, I know you haven't posted on the BY much lately, feel free to stick around and enjoy the scenery. It's always nice to make our guests feel welcome. People can get a little carried away with sports and lash out for no reason.

60470398.jpg

628x471.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member