SG Mustapha Heron (Auburn Commit) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

SG Mustapha Heron (Auburn Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
heron is not a pg from what i've seen. he is a legit wing with a fantastic frame/coordination . the butler comp is interesting, but i'm not sure he is as blessed with the natural height. love herons lefty jumper

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Heron has the potential to be a PG. if he tightens his handle and court vision he's a lottery pick. One of the highest ceilings in his class. Haven't heard much buzz about us and him other than his list though.
What kind of shooter is he?

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
What kind of shooter is he?
He's fine. It's not his absolute specialty, but he's not TSam so to speak. He's from my area of CT. He's a dynamic guy I'll tell you that. Deserving of his rank.

Reaction Score
Heron's shooting has greatly improved. His handle is good enough to play the point. I believe he plays better with the ball in his hands. He won't break any ankles, but he is great at getting into a defenders body on the drive. He has great strength and the power to finish through contact. I also hope we look at his high school and Rens teammate Tyrn Flowers (6'7, SF). He's long, versatile, and has a smooth stroke beyond the arc. The producer of this video likens Heron to James Harden.

Reaction Score
He's considering UConn and wants to commit before the season starts. Didn't read as being good or bad for UConn.

Reaction Score
He's the best player in Connecticut in my opinion, definitely in CIAC and arguably among the prep schools.
[edit: and on most if not all recruiting website ranks; (hot take)]

I've seen him play on numerous occasions and he was undeniably the best player on the floor every time. He's going to be a tremendous player in college no matter where he ends up. He has legitimate pro-potential.

Reaction Score
I've heard almost assuredly St. John's because of his closeness with Rohrssen. The kid de-committed from Pitt as soon as Slice went to SJU. If he doesn't end up at SJU id be surprised from what I've heard.

Reaction Score
He seems like a very mature player for his age, he will definitely be a really good college player.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I've heard almost assuredly St. John's because of his closeness with Rohrssen. The kid de-committed from Pitt as soon as Slice went to SJU. If he doesn't end up at SJU id be surprised from what I've heard.

Could be. However, he didn't instantly decommit from Pitt when Slice went to Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Could be. However, he didn't instantly decommit from Pitt when Slice went to Kentucky.

No he didn't. UK is a different animal, even though he could play there. He did do so with SJU though and I've heard Slice is a big reason.

Reaction Score
UConn is in the mix. Although, KO hasn't seen him play. Hopefully, he will.

Heron's a 6'5 Combo Guard, with a college-ready body. He has excellent poise, court savvy, and is mature beyond his years. I guess if there is a knock on him....he's an average defender but has the length to alter shots and rebounds well. He has a great feel for the game. He doesn't force things on the offensive end. He looks to set his teammates up, but knows when to attack without forcing shots. He's not an ankle-breaker off the dribble, but he knows how to use his size to beat defenders off the bounce. He's excellent finishing around the rim after contact and a very good free-throw shooter. His game is very comparable to the Houston Rockets, James Harden.

http://www.rep-am.com/articles/2015/05/04/sports/hoopzone/875446.txt

Reaction Score
It seems like now every lefthanded guard/wing is getting compared to James Harden. Harden is the best SG in the NBA and just finished 2nd in MVP voting, that comparison should be out of reach for high school kids.

Reaction Score
He's not James Harden, nobody is. I get the comparisons, not a crazy athlete, knows how to play the game, really polished. The thing is there is only one James Harden, none of the kids compared to him will become him.

Reaction Score
Harden was absurdly good in high school and college as well. Seriously, his numbers his sophomore year at ASU are crazy good.

Reaction Score
Harden has always been nasty, for some reason he's always been tagged as being somewhat unathletic "old man game" Paul Pierce got the same moniker and they have crushed the league since being drafted.

Reaction Score
He's not James Harden, nobody is. I get the comparisons, not a crazy athlete, knows how to play the game, really polished. The thing is there is only one James Harden, none of the kids compared to him will become him.

Exactly. Thank you superjohn.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
UConn is in the mix. Although, KO hasn't seen him play. Hopefully, he will.

Heron's a 6'5 Combo Guard, with a college-ready body. He has excellent poise, court savvy, and is mature beyond his years. I guess if there is a knock on him....he's an average defender but has the length to alter shots and rebounds well. He has a great feel for the game. He doesn't force things on the offensive end. He looks to set his teammates up, but knows when to attack without forcing shots. He's not an ankle-breaker off the dribble, but he knows how to use his size to beat defenders off the bounce. He's excellent finishing around the rim after contact and a very good free-throw shooter. His game is very comparable to the Houston Rockets, James Harden.

http://www.rep-am.com/articles/2015/05/04/sports/hoopzone/875446.txt

You had me at 6'5" combo guard.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
It seems like now every lefthanded guard/wing is getting compared to James Harden.
It's ok to make stylistic comparisons. Nobody's claiming he's as good as Harden, but if you say "He's a James Harden-type" that means "high-usage, good-sized combo guard who's good at setting up teammates and getting to the line, but isn't an athletic freak."

It's a useful shorthand IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger