SG Mustapha Heron (Auburn Commit) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

SG Mustapha Heron (Auburn Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It seems like now every lefthanded guard/wing is getting compared to James Harden. Harden is the best SG in the NBA and just finished 2nd in MVP voting, that comparison should be out of reach for high school kids.

Get ready for every light-skinned shooter to be compared to Klay Thompson, too.

Reaction Score
This kids been right there in Waterbury the whole time and Ollie wasn't going hard for him!

Doesn't help that he has been committed to Pitt since he was a sophomore and only recently reopened his recruitment.

[Disclaimer: I can't read sarcasm. It's a problem I just have to live with so if that's what you were doing, disregard]

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Doesn't help that he has been committed to Pitt since he was a sophomore and only recently reopened his recruitment.

[Disclaimer: I can't read sarcasm. It's a problem I just have to live with so if that's what you were doing, disregard]

I was not aware of that.but why is a kid in uconn country committing to Pitt so early? unless there was AAU or coaching ties swaying him.

caw

Reaction Score
I was not aware of that.but why is a kid in uconn country committing to Pitt so early? unless there was AAU or coaching ties swaying him.

Father close with Slice. Thus rumors to UK and now SJ.

Reaction Score

If you make the assumption that everything written on the board is sarcasm .
(Including this post) you will be safe.

Reaction Score
Have seen him several times and he is absolutely a future college star and I think pro. Combo guard who does it all and very unselfish. Makes his teammates better.

I had heard St. Johns but if there is hope....it would be GREAT if we could get him.

Reaction Score
Have seen him several times and he is absolutely a future college star and I think pro. Combo guard who does it all and very unselfish. Makes his teammates better.

I had heard St. Johns but if there is hope....it would be GREAT if we could get him.

From what I hear he is not that sold on St. Johns as many people think. Kentucky is his dream school but I wouldn't be surprises to see him attend Duke if they start recruiting him hard. There is also another SEC school in the mix. St. Johns and Uconn are a little further down his list due to the conference. However, things change. I would love to see him at Uconn as well. Here is a video of him and Tyrn Flowers playing AAU over the weekend for the Rens.

Reaction Score
From what I hear he is not that sold on St. Johns as many people think. Kentucky is his dream school but I wouldn't be surprises to see him attend Duke if they start recruiting him hard. There is also another SEC school in the mix. St. Johns and Uconn are a little further down his list due to the conference. However, things change. I would love to see him at Uconn as well. Here is a video of him and Tyrn Flowers playing AAU over the weekend for the Rens.

Heron's game is very complete, looks like he could step on a college court right now and do serious damage. I know Tyrn Flowers is new to the national scene but the kid screams upside to me, he's one to watch.

Reaction Score
I think the kid has game and will be a great player. But it seems to me that he is not interested in being at UConn for whatever reason. I think it would be a waste of time and resources to go after him.

Reaction Score
Heron's game is very complete, looks like he could step on a college court right now and do serious damage. I know Tyrn Flowers is new to the national scene but the kid screams upside to me, he's one to watch.

Flowers is intriguing. He has gotten much better. Needs to be more consistant. But, I am hearing he will probably attend a top prep school for a post grad year. I think his stock will blow up next year.

Reaction Score
Flowers is intriguing. He has gotten much better. Needs to be more consistant. But, I am hearing he will probably attend a top prep school for a post grad year. I think his stock will blow up next year.
Senior year at Sacred Heart and then a postgrad year? That would make sense and I expect his stock to blow up. Needs to get more consistent and fill into his body but the talent is there. He has great length, can shoot it and handle the ball, really looks to have a Tayshaun Prince kind of game. I read Malik Petteway has a lot of mid-major offers but is going to do a Post grad year at one of the prep schools.

Reaction Score
I've heard from many Flowers is a mid major Divy 1 guy unless there is dramatic improvement. Doesn't mean anything other than they usually know their stuff but not always right.

Heron, and I know what I've said, would be a wonderful addition I agree, love his game and he's just a real "basketball player." Has the whole game. Not sure if he's starting to think about staying home but it would be quite a win by the staff.

Reaction Score
Senior year at Sacred Heart and then a postgrad year? That would make sense and I expect his stock to blow up. Needs to get more consistent and fill into his body but the talent is there. He has great length, can shoot it and handle the ball, really looks to have a Tayshaun Prince kind of game. I read Malik Petteway has a lot of mid-major offers but is going to do a Post grad year at one of the prep schools.

Yes, a fifth post grad year at a prep school.

Reaction Score
I've heard from many Flowers is a mid major Divy 1 guy unless there is dramatic improvement. Doesn't mean anything other than they usually know their stuff but not always right.

Heron, and I know what I've said, would be a wonderful addition I agree, love his game and he's just a real "basketball player." Has the whole game. Not sure if he's starting to think about staying home but it would be quite a win by the staff.

Flowers has improved and impressed on the AAU circuit this summer. He is tall, long, and can stroke it. Hard to see him at a mid major. If you think of guys like t Sam or cassel as high majors there is no reason flowers can't be as well.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
If a native CT kid hasn't expressed interest in UConn at all at this point, then there is absolutely zero chance he wants to come here. Imagine growing up in the state of Kansas and not even giving KU a lick of your attention, would the staff still spend time and resources recruiting you?

Reaction Score
If a native CT kid hasn't expressed interest in UConn at all at this point, then there is absolutely zero chance he wants to come here. Imagine growing up in the state of Kansas and not even giving KU a lick of your attention, would the staff still spend time and resources recruiting you?
I don't follow recruiting like I used to, but it seems so strange that he doesn't have much interest in UConn, though some kids just want to go away for school. Though with elite student athletes, the desire to go elsewhere usually has outside influences involved. There's usually one program in particular that's a big draw or sneaker or apparel influences at work. I have no idea with Heron. I don't remember who was on his list other than hearing a lot of SJU from folks here on the Yard. But some kids just want to go to the bluest of the blue chip programs UK, KU, UNC, Dook and a handful of other P5 top programs, but I don't know if many of those are on his short list.

If he's as talented, athletic and unselfish as people say he is, it would be a shame to not get one of the top CT kids. I'm not worried. KO seems to be on a lot of talented recruits and in the end, I'm sure he'll amply restock the cupboards.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Sadly, we almost never get this level of talent. Maybe Bynum. And he never made it on campus. Even Drummond was very raw.
The combination of Coach K and Mr. Squid could not ruin this kid. Though Boeheim could turn him into a late second rounder with a little coaching.

Reaction Score
Sadly, we almost never get this level of talent. Maybe Bynum. And he never made it on campus. Even Drummond was very raw.
The combination of Coach K and Mr. Squid could not ruin this kid. Though Boeheim could turn him into a late second rounder with a little coaching.

Adams looks like a better player to me not sure why you would say that. At least as good although a different type of guard.

Going back Corny, McKay, Donyell, Rip, Caron, Kemba, Ben and a few others I am sure who have his abilities. I want this kid if there's any shot he and Jalen would be wonderful in the backcourt, perfect mix it would seem!

Reaction Score
From asking around it seems we have made zero to limited effort with him. It seems like his recruiting and family is very connected to slice and aau/ sneaker company's. I have pieced together that there is a ton of baggage that comes along with signing him

Reaction Score

I'm shaking my head here.

Do you want me to list the guys with Heron's level of talent (and better) that have come to UConn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom