SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 43 | The Boneyard

SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For a three person class, Rudy Gay, AJ Price, and Antonio Kellogg is a freaking monster class (2004). Gay and Price were both huge players for us.

It's weird to think of Rudy and AJ having arrived as part of the same class. They never played together and were the defining player for two completely distinct eras (2005-2006 and 2007-2009).

Reaction Score
It's weird to think of Rudy and AJ having arrived as part of the same class. They never played together and were the defining player for two completely distinct eras (2005-2006 and 2007-2009).
I know.

And, more frustratingly, a backcourt of Marcus Williams and AJ Price is absurd. But they never played together. If they did, we have the 2006 banner (in all likelihood) and probably go further in 2005. But fate and felonies had something to say about that.

Reaction Score
A word of advice: stop checking that thing daily. There are maybe two trustworthy "insiders" at that site.

(But I have a feeling they'll be correct on this one, lol.)
They are right a lot more often than they are wrong but only near the end of the recruiting process. 247 is a better resource than anything else out there but I think they make a lot of uninformed guesses early in the recruiting process. It is a much different story shortly before announcements.

Reaction Score
I've said this before and I'll say it again: it's stupid to rely on them for solid, concrete information and predictions. But, I'd say it's equally stupid to completely disregard them. They did get their job somehow.

Reaction Score
They are right a lot more often than they are wrong but only near the end of the recruiting process. 247 is a better resource than anything else out there but I think they make a lot of uninformed guesses early in the recruiting process. It is a much different story shortly before announcements.
They're "right" approximately 48 hours before a planned commitment ... and by then, most people who follow recruiting can accurately predict what's gonna happen.

The crystal ball is useless 95% of the time. It's pure click bait.

Reaction Score
They're "right" approximately 48 hours before a planned commitment ... and by then, most people who follow recruiting can accurately predict what's gonna happen.

The crystal ball is useless 95% of the time. It's pure click bait.

It's another data point. There are plenty of data points out there, and they all can be used to see the big picture, including the crystal ball. To think it's useless is a little weird.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Actually, just came across this 1991-1992 freshmen class preview in the VHS tapes I'm converting. This is a ridiculously large class, and good to hear about their rankings. Can't really find much about rankings from back in the day:

So Donny is less heralded than Ashmeade or Fair and yet had a much greater impact! Shows you that not only is recruiting fluid but development and accomplishments also appears fluid.

Reaction Score
So Donny is less heralded than Ashmeade or Fair and yet had a much greater impact! Shows you that not only is recruiting fluid but development and accomplishments also appears fluid.
That's why you take it with a "grain of salt" as we have all learned from Professor 99

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
That was the year we had 4 or 5 States' best player of the year

Reaction Score
That's why you take it with a "grain of salt" as we have all learned from Professor 99

Hey nice title if you are not being a smart Ashlynn Shade.:)
I predicted Sunday that the crapsy ballz where swing our way

Reaction Score
A word of advice: stop checking that thing daily. There are maybe two trustworthy "insiders" at that site.

(But I have a feeling they'll be correct on this one, lol.)
Its a source and they were right when the Diamond started shifting Towards Maryland. lol I dont mind checking it when we know its close to when a recruit will commit. Hey I get many breaks in my day.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Is there a time like a press conference? Or is he going to just tweet it?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You kidding? If the kid commits, This thread gets to 50 pages right quick.
Not kidding at all. There will be approximately 100 posts celebrating and then the thread will slowly go to the back burner occasionally resurfacing as posters like tcf post his accomplishments. The threads get unwieldy as people stress out over the decision making of a recruit. If Vance didn't indicate a timeline this thread would have pushed limits. Since his proclamation of an announcement the numbers of posts dramatically declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom