SF V.J. King (Louisville Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Next. Come on down Hamidou.

Reaction Score
Give me Hamidou Diallo and Alterique Gilbert and I'll forget this ever happened.

Not quite. But Gilbert and Diallo would certainly help. I'd have been even more upset over this had we never gotten a commitment from Larrier.

Reaction Score
I am happy with Larrier. King would be an amazing addition but not needed

Reaction Score
I don't know if I'm not bummed about this because I never really thought Louisville was beatable or because we've been on such a hot streak lately, but I'm not. Certainly I would have been thrilled to get King, he's a terrific talent and would probably have been a day 1 starter for us, but we're still the favorites on several terrific players, and I'm confident that the 2016 recruiting class is going to end up looking very good for us.

Unless Ollie leaves. Then we're screwed.

Reaction Score
in the Scout article he said the main reason he picked Louisville was the conference, I wonder if that will stop the usual suspects from blaming KO and the staff.

I'm sure the conference affiliation helped, but Louisville boxed everyone out of this early when they hired his coach. If it was just the ACC, you would have seen more ACC teams in contention.

Reaction Score
I'm sure the conference affiliation helped, but Louisville boxed everyone out of this early when they hired his coach. If it was just the ACC, you would have seen more ACC teams in contention.

I know the Kenny Johnson factor was big, but King never played for that guy at either the HS or AAU team. Johnson was at Indiana when King was still playing basketball in Ohio.

Reaction Score
So - any updates? ; )

In all honesty - heard it has been a done deal for weeks now. While visit offered a glimmer of optimism, overcoming the relationship with Kenny was too much. Although Jalen certainly did try.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We're not leaving the AAC any time soon, if ever. We have zero control over that. But it'd be nice to stop reading/hearing things like this -

King’s relationship with Louisville assistant Kenny Johnson factored into his decision making as well. Johnson has strong ties to both Paul VI and the AAU program King plays with – Team Takeover – as he used to coach for both.

“I talk to Kenny almost everyday,” King said. “Out of everybody he was on me the hardest. We talked the most and most of the time it wasn’t about basketball. I formed a really good relationship with him and I can really trust him. He was one of the driving forces in this commitment.”

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Oh, we'll be waiting...

b19o.jpg

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
@ Current students: here's a great new idea for signs/shirts/banners for 2016-17.
Yeah. Unfortunately I just lost the "current student" title. But Team Larry is just the right amount of stupid to be funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom