SF/PF Wenyen Gabriel (Kentucky Commit) | Page 36 | The Boneyard

SF/PF Wenyen Gabriel (Kentucky Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maryland fans have been awfully cocky/confident that they will be landing Gabriel the last few weeks. Nothing would make me happier to take that from them.
Worse than VCU's fans. At least, at the time, VCU had a decent coach and had actually been to a Sweet Sixteen since 2003. Can't say the same about U of UA.

Reaction Score
ugh, Kentucky..

NEXT!

I guess Calipari told Wenyen his dream goal of having an NBA Allstar team of all Kentucky alums, who wouldn't want to be a part of that big dream?

Reaction Score
yuck. Maybe he can go be the next marcus lee or poythress.

Reaction Score
Hope he enjoys becoming a 2nd round pick in a platoon instead of being a featured player and a potential lottery pick here (or just about anywhere else)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Good luck to the kid.

If he likes snake oil we're not the place for him. More telling than choosing UK over us is choosing it over Duke, the morning after a visit with Coach K.

Next!

Reaction Score
don't want to throw rocks out of a glass house, we haven't had a lotto sf since rudy gay i think. But jeez , he must have been enamored with squid and his pitch, because there is no way he is getting serious tick this year...nor will he be a featured option on a team with first round hopefuls residing in the backcourt.

Reaction Score
Good luck to the kid.

If he likes snake oil we're not the place for him. More telling than choosing UK over us is choosing it over Duke, the morning after a visit with Coach K.

Next!

Seriously, that's a good point. So was it between Duke and Kentucky all along and the rest of us were just there to make him seem like less of a bigger-better-deal-er fully set on picking the 'highest profile' team that offered?

Maybe Cal told him his offer came off the table tonight at midnight so he jumped on the chance

Reaction Score
Look forward to beating him in the tournament. He's a high motor kid with developing skills but I don't see him as the can't miss talent many others do, not a one and done.

Reaction Score
Did you watch last year's NBA draft?
Yeah, I saw Harrison's and Johnson go from lottery picks to struggling to stay in the league. And those were too 10 kids. Gabriel, as good as he is and as badly I wanted him, isn't top 20.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
tumblr_m59t5lcC3I1r0gcd4.gif

Reaction Score
don't want to throw rocks out of a glass house, we haven't had a lotto sf since rudy gay i think. But jeez , he must have been enamored with squid and his pitch, because there is no way he is getting serious tick this year...nor will he be a featured option on a team with first round hopefuls residing in the backcourt.

How do you know he won't get serious playing time as a freshman? Kentucky will lose a bunch of guys like they do every year.

And who exactly was a "featured option" on Kentucky last year besides Towns? Was Trey Lyles a featured option? Cause he was still a lottery pick.

This kid is a 5-star, 6'10'' kid with perimeter skills. He's good enough to play for Kentucky.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
So....
You called this one. Kudos. Was it you or someone else who brought up Gabriel's handlers?

Reaction Score
Thanks James. What more inside info do you want when I shared with yard weeks ago this was not going to happen. An OV set up sure had a lot thinking otherwise. I took my lumps and movers on. I'll be sure to upload the MP3 of the recruitment pitch for you next time.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I saw Harrison's and Johnson go from lottery picks to struggling to stay in the league. And those were too 10 kids. Gabriel, as good as he is and as badly I wanted him, isn't top 20.

OK, and what about the other 4 guys who went in the first round? Booker and Cauley-Stein weren't top-20 guys either.

If your argument is that somehow Kentucky is BAD for a 5-star recruit's NBA prospects, then I don't know what to tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom