SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We have Facey, one freshman, and another possible RS freshman. Jackson can log minutes at the 3 and 4, which would allow Larrier to play the 2 sometimes which may also be beneficial. He would be a spectacular addition to the program...

Not saying he wouldn't be a good addition just saying that PF is the one position we really don't need more depth at.

Reaction Score
Not saying he wouldn't be a good addition just saying that PF is the one position we really don't need more depth at.
So you're more confident in Facey/Diarra than:

PG: Adams/Gilbert
SG: Purvis/Vital
SF: Larrier/Jackson
C: Brimah/Enoch

PF is clearly the weakest spot on our roster.

Oregon has 2 PF and a SF in their class, not to mention way better talent at the 4 currently there. We have a solid shot.

Reaction Score

Well Larrier and Jackson can play the four, I'd argue Jackson is more of a stretch 4 than a 3, but either way this kid would be a great pick up. More of a 3 then a 4 from the highlights I've seen. Depth is key.

Reaction Score

Oregon has 2 PF and a SF in their class, not to mention way better talent at the 4 currently there. We have a solid shot.

Um, you're forgetting Durham who is the highest ranked recruit in our class by some sites. And yes I have more faith in Facey/Diarra/Durham than Brimah/Enoch.

Reaction Score
I also think we could use more bigs if they're good and worth having. After next year, who do we have left? Enoch, Durham, Diarra, right? I would want another taller guy, but if we can get a couple of different type of bigs in our depth chart, I think that's a good thing

Reaction Score
Um, you're forgetting Durham who is the highest ranked recruit in our class by some sites. And yes I have more faith in Facey/Diarra/Durham than Brimah/Enoch.

Is there really any reason to have faith in Durham for next season though? Just looking at the details of when he's last played and when he's had surgery, it would seem he isn't primed for a strong freshman season if he doesn't redshirt

I can agree that next season we might not have many minutes available in the front court, but after that we would, however if Durham doesn't suit up next season I think another 'big' is necessary

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I really like this kids game. Looks like a 3/4 hybrid with a 3's jump shot and the build and bulk of a 4 when he goes up with it strong. Really hope he adds to this already stacked class. Can never have too many talented wing players.

Reaction Score
Isn't Durham also 6-11? Couldn't he fit into the center rotation as well?

Reaction Score
Isn't Durham also 6-11? Couldn't he fit into the center rotation as well?

If Durham is ready and back to his old form he will play some Center in different line up options. Kid can block shots. Not sure he will be ready though.

Reaction Score
Durham has probably a 50% chance of having to redshirt and plays both big man positions. Counting on him to produce this year to the extent that you turn away a top 40 recruit is completely asinine.

Well Larrier and Jackson can play the four, I'd argue Jackson is more of a stretch 4 than a 3, but either way this kid would be a great pick up. More of a 3 then a 4 from the highlights I've seen. Depth is key.
Larrier can't play the 4. If he did, it would be more of a 4 guard lineup than anything else. He plays smaller than Hamilton, who wasn't really a 4 at all either. Vance Jackson could play stretch 4 for sure too, but he's definitely going to need to give backup 3 minutes. There will be plenty of PT between the two spots for Justin Jackson, Vance Jackson, and Diarra + Durham (who I could see having foul issues as freshmen).

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
You're relentlessly delusional, man.

Reaction Score
Why do we seem so desperate to get a PF when we already have 3 for next season? Makes no sense. Get a big center.
Because you don't pass on a top 50 3/4 when you have 2 open scholarships and SF/PF are your biggest question marks. Rather that than reach for a 5 now when in all likelihood Ollie will be bringing in a top center for 2017 to develop and back up a junior Enoch.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Shut up, jerk. You're like teenagers from my town. You talk like a big tough guy from behind a screen.
No, I really don't. Never really have gotten into it with anyone on this site. You just are by far the most out of touch person here and you derail every thread you comment in because you are so hopelessly off base. I'm not trying to harp on you, but you need to get a better understanding of the game or you're always going to be calling everyone jerks for correcting you. I'm not going to respond any further, have a good one.

Reaction Score
We have Facey, one freshman, and another possible RS freshman. Jackson can log minutes at the 3 and 4, which would allow Larrier to play the 2 sometimes which may also be beneficial. He would be a spectacular addition to the program...

This kid looks alot better than Facey ever did last year.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Jackson would be a great get at this time and would string this class together as a top 3 overall. UConn still needs Purvis and Brimah to return for the upcoming season.

Reaction Score
No, I really don't. Never really have gotten into it with anyone on this site. You just are by far the most out of touch person here and you derail every thread you comment in because you are so hopelessly off base. I'm not trying to harp on you, but you need to get a better understanding of the game or you're always going to be calling everyone jerks for correcting you. I'm not going to respond any further, have a good one.
This. So much this.

Reaction Score
Jackson would be a great get at this time and would string this class together as a top 3 overall. UConn still needs Purvis and Brimah to return for the upcoming season.
Purvis is returning
Rodney Purvis ‏@rpurvis44 6h6 hours ago
One more!!!! Sincerely, Purv

ChyDdvdWkAAlQoX.jpg

Reaction Score
It would be nice to have a serious option of redshirting Durham....allow kid to fully heal- and if nothing else it would even out the classes a little bit better which if this rumor is accurate would put quite a few kids in one class on next years team. Not too mention as we saw last year with Brimah injury you can never have enough depth.

Reaction Score
Not trying to sound ignorant but it seems like we (and many other schools) have been all over these UNLV decomitts. They must have had a dang good recruiting class, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom