SF DeAndre Hunter (Virginia Commit) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SF DeAndre Hunter (Virginia Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some quotes from assistant director of his AAU team on Notre Dame from a Notre Dame article:

“Obviously Notre Dame does want to get one of those official visits, but we’ll see what happens,” said Austin. “Me personally, I think it’s a very good fit for him, but he’s got to see that.”

“It’s never too late obviously,” said Austin. “Notre Dame is an Under Armour program, we’re an Under Armour program, so there’s a connection there. Mike Brey actually coached in our area for a lot of years at Delaware before he came to Notre Dame, so there are some connections there and with Martin.

“Over the years, there have been a lot of kids from our area who have had success there, obviously Steve Vasturia is there now and you’ve had Martin and Torrian Jones and Robby Kurz and Matt Carroll. We’ve had a lot of kids who have been successful going up to Notre Dame. Obviously Notre Dame is a great academic school. It’s probably the number one Catholic school in the country. It’s an attractive place. It’s a mythical, attractive place for a kid to go. I personally think it could be a good fit for him, but we’ll see. We’ll see what he thinks, I’m not the one making the decision.”

And quotes from the same guy on DeAndre Hunter:

“He’s like an assassin,” said Austin. “He’s one of these guys who just goes about his business and you look up and he’s got 25 and 12 and hasn’t said a word, it was like a quiet night. It’s like a quiet storm.

“It’s unreal how he goes about his business, especially with today’s kids. He’s low maintenance and a very non-threatening kind of kid. He’s not boisterous in any kind of way. He’s just a really good kid, a really, really good kid.”

“He’s unique in that he’s a kid who has an unbelievable blend of size and skills,” said Austin. “He’s 6-7.5, close to 6-8. His body has to fill out, he’s only about 195, but once his body fills out, he’s going to be about 215.

“He’s got long arms and he can really, really handle the ball. He can shoot from every level of the court; from the midrange to the short-range to the three-point range. He can get to the rim. He’s just a multi-faceted player. And he’s different for today’s day and age. He’s like a choir boy. He barely talks. He doesn’t really say much. He’s not a guy who’s out there trash talking. He goes about his business and then he goes down to the other end of the court.”

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Hunter's description and highlights remind me a bit of Roscoe Smith coming in. A multi-faceted 6'7"-6'8" guy with a bit of range who contributes many ways and carries himself with a business-man like approach. Although, Roscoe's 3-pt game never translated in his time here. Wouldn't mind another guy like that coming in at SF/PF next year when Miller leaves but sounds similar to Diarra.

C

Chief00

I hate to say it but he will most likely go to an UA school - such are the reality of the college game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom