SF Brendan Bailey (Marquette Commit) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

SF Brendan Bailey (Marquette Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From Rivals:
Just a few weeks ago he took an official visit to Storrs to check in on Kevin Ollie and the Huskies.

"It was awesome, I loved it," Bailey told Rivals.com. "The coaching staff was awesome, all of the players were really cool and I really liked it up there.

"They were talking about how I would fit in on the wing and as a shooter. They like to get up and down like I do and they think I would be a good fit."

The visit to UConn was actually Bailey's second official. During the school year he dropped by SDSU to see what the Aztecs had to offer.

"It was good," said Bailey. "San Diego is an amazing city and just like UConn they have an awesome coaching staff. I hung out with some of the players and they were awesome too and they have great facilities and a great school."

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
From Rivals:
Just a few weeks ago he took an official visit to Storrs to check in on Kevin Ollie and the Huskies.

"It was awesome, I loved it," Bailey told Rivals.com. "The coaching staff was awesome, all of the players were really cool and I really liked it up there.

"They were talking about how I would fit in on the wing and as a shooter. They like to get up and down like I do and they think I would be a good fit."

The visit to UConn was actually Bailey's second official. During the school year he dropped by SDSU to see what the Aztecs had to offer.

"It was good," said Bailey. "San Diego is an amazing city and just like UConn they have an awesome coaching staff. I hung out with some of the players and they were awesome too and they have great facilities and a great school."
We sound like we're in a great spot. Really want this kid. Quick and high release on a kid who's already tall... Kid is going to make it rain.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
We sound like we're in a great spot. Really want this kid. Quick and high release on a kid who's already tall... Kid is going to make it rain.
Yeah, it's his quick release that really impresses me. He releases his shot like Steph Curry, fast, and with his height there's no chance for defenders.

Reaction Score

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Yet, as an AAC team you win the National Championship over the likes of all the P5 conferences a year ago... go figure?
Well a team making it from the AAC would likely be at least 8th or 9th in the Big East and would have a shot at running the table in the tournament. I think we actually have some empirical evidence there... :D

Reaction Score
I'd love Kegler but it's obvious Uconn is not on his radar so much anymore. But this kid is a stud, tailor made Husky.

Reaction Score
This kid is gonna have excellent college career. Great bloodlines.
Love the quick release and shot. Great height.
Will put on some good weight and get stronger.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
If he takes a mission year, then I rather Ollie look elsewhere. Coming back from a year on the road to playing D1 basketball with a few weeks in between is not easy.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If he takes a mission year, then I rather Ollie look elsewhere. Coming back from a year on the road to playing D1 basketball with a few weeks in between is not easy.

I'll go the flip side. Let him do his mission. When he comes back redshirt him if he isn't ready. Still get three good years out of him.

Plus, I'll go out on a limb and suggest that Thurl Bailey's kid, in Ollie's hands, after a year's mission, will be a leader on and off the court. He'll have perspective and gratitude.

Reaction Score
so he is will potentially be in class of 2018 (hs) ? wow. i dont even know any '18 prospects other than marvin bagley

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Jabari Parker was saying the same kind of thing in terms of going on a mission before college. I respect that these kids have that mindset but it would be extremely difficult to put playing high level college bball on hold for something that will always be there.

There is no guarantee you will ever return to the same on court performance and it would be a huge risk

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
So what do the boneyard recruiting target psychologists have to say about this kid

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
There is no guarantee you will ever return to the same on court performance and it would be a huge risk
Is there one example of a kid going on his mission and returning to the court a measurably worse player? I can't think of any. BYU football and basketball success was built on the shoulders of players who did just that.

Granted, most of them aren't top 100 rated kids coming out of high school but I doubt the downside is really that big. I'd also almost guarantee his mission would take place in a locale where he could find a regular game. They aren't sending him to the rainforest.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
So what do the boneyard recruiting target psychologists have to say about this kid
Well, considering he believes he will inherit his own planet if he lives a righteous life..... I'd say he's a lil out of touch with reality ;):eek::rolleyes:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Is there one example of a kid going on his mission and returning to the court a measurably worse player? I can't think of any. BYU football and basketball success was built on the shoulders of players who did just that.

Granted, most of them aren't top 100 rated kids coming out of high school but I doubt the downside is really that big. I'd also almost guarantee his mission would take place in a locale where he could find a regular game. They aren't sending him to the rainforest.

True. But the rest of Silk's post was also true.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Surely there are heathens in Storrs that can be missioned to during the offseason?

Boom. Done.

I really should be at the UN solving important s---.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom