SF Alpha Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

SF Alpha Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oh, UK went 38-2 solely because of Anthony Davis while UConn was a disappointing 20-14 solely because of Andre Drummond. I get it now.

OK, great. Now drop it. I think Drummond was a bust. You don't. Awesome. Back to Diallo now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Oh good, you're going to stop talking about it?

Why do you feel the need to keep carrying this on? What don't you understand about let's get back to Diallo?

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Why do you feel the need to keep carrying this on? What don't you understand about let's get back to Diallo?
Dude he was being sarcastic knowing you would continue to reply. Just stop responding to everyone and take a damn break.

Reaction Score

No, no, I continued the meta discussion, not the original discussion ;)

It was a playful prod at the fact that it sounded like you were telling him to stop when you're the one who brings it up.

Reaction Score
If Amida Brimah was on the 2011-12 team instead of Andre Drummond, we're talking back-to-back national championships.

Judging Drummond's one year is very complicated. His numbers were outstanding for a freshman, and it didn't take a rocket scientist to tell that he had the raw skills to end up as an NBA star. On the other hand, his plus/minus for the season was mediocre at best (the much maligned AO's was light years better), he had little basketball IQ, had mammoth holes in his game and while his teammates liked him I will go to my grave believing the team would have been much better had he never shown up and forced the game of all our returning ringbearers to adjust to him. But was it his fault that his teammates couldn't adjust to his game and the coaches couldn't figure out how to blend the talent? Nope. Like I said, very complicated and not really capable of being argued in one sentence sound bites.

And I apologize for not sticking to the original topic, but I don't even remember what it was.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I vote that we create a new prefix, similar to OT:. It should PM; to be used for a pissing match and added to any post that goes off the rails beyond recognition because two or more posters didn't get enough attention as children.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The problems ( in my view ) with Drummond in 2012 were only because of the presence of Drummond and in no way related to Drummond himself or his floor performance. It was a bad adjustment by a couple players and less than stellar management of such by a HOF coach who due to no fault of his own was absent a couple times that year that made things seem like it was Drummond himself.

Reaction Score
If Amida Brimah was on the 2011-12 team instead of Andre Drummond, we're talking back-to-back national championships.

Ok I know there is sarcasm here right?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Andre Drummond: 28 mpg, 10 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 2.7 bpg
Anthony Davis: 32 mpg, 14.2 ppg, 10.4 rp6, 4.7 bpg

Wow, such a stark contrast between the NPOY and Andre Drummond; and let's not forget Drummond played in the toughest conference and came in a year early. Thanks for the insight, though, @JimOllie.
Actually those are pretty big differences. Davis averaged a double-double and 4.7 blocks per game which is sick. However, I don't see the most revealing stat on their one season in college: Free-throw shooting. Davis shot 70.5% and Drummond shot.....29.5%.......Davis was clutch and Drummond....not so much. But he's a great ambassador for UCONN now. Back to Alpha "Male" Diallo.

C

Chief00

Judging Drummond's one year is very complicated. His numbers were outstanding for a freshman, and it didn't take a rocket scientist to tell that he had the raw skills to end up as an NBA star. On the other hand, his plus/minus for the season was mediocre at best (the much maligned AO's was light years better), he had little basketball IQ, had mammoth holes in his game and while his teammates liked him I will go to my grave believing the team would have been much better had he never shown up and forced the game of all our returning ringbearers to adjust to him. But was it his fault that his teammates couldn't adjust to his game and the coaches couldn't figure out how to blend the talent? Nope. Like I said, very complicated and not really capable of being argued in one sentence sound bites.

And I apologize for not sticking to the original topic, but I don't even remember what it was.
2012 was all about Boat's NCAA suspension and Calhoun's suspension and medical leave - all of which disrupted team chemistry - it had very little to do with an AD statistic - his were fine for a Freshman star - given the other pieces they had. My own view is if Calhoun had a full season he would have figured it out.

Reaction Score
2012 was all about Boat's NCAA suspension and Calhoun's suspension and medical leave - all of which disrupted team chemistry - it had very little to do with an AD statistic - his were fine for a Freshman star - given the other pieces they had. My own view is if Calhoun had a full season he would have figured it out.

Mumu

Back to Alpha D who wants him to be a Husky and what are the chances?

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Mumu

Back to Alpha D who wants him to be a Husky and what are the chances?

I want him to be a Husky. Often in the quest for the ideal "2" or the perfect "stretch 4" you can lose sight of the fact that what you really want are guys who can just play with good basketball IQ. Having seen A. Diallo in a couple of games he is just that. He can play 2, 3, or 4 depending on the opponent and who else is out there with him, and with high energy.

Chances? No idea. Might have been better to be on him earlier.

Reaction Score
I want him to be a Husky. Often in the quest for the ideal "2" or the perfect "stretch 4" you can lose sight of the fact that what you really want are guys who can just play with good basketball IQ. Having seen A. Diallo in a couple of games he is just that. He can play 2, 3, or 4 depending on the opponent and who else is out there with him, and with high energy.

Chances? No idea. Might have been better to be on him earlier.

He seems to be a "poor mans" Chris Clarke who I wanted really bad last year and ended up at VT. As you say Doc, he can just flat out play the game in many ways and probably will do anything you ask and guard anyone you ask and we need guys like that. Want me to rebound? Sure coach, Want me to shut down swing? Sure coach.

If he is that guy or "will" be that guy I'd love to see him in National Flag Blue.

C

Chief00

Back to the topic - Of course it would be great to see him in a Husky uniform. Frankly, I am not up on his work habits and so on - but the sheer athletic talent is certainly there. I hope that helps.

Reaction Score
Back to the topic - Of course it would be great to see him in a Husky uniform. Frankly, I am not up on his work habits and so on - but the sheer athletic talent is certainly there. I hope that helps.
I know he has the athletic ability that some of us want, but does he have the power strength we need?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He seems to be a "poor mans" Chris Clarke who I wanted really bad last year and ended up at VT. As you say Doc, he can just flat out play the game in many ways and probably will do anything you ask and guard anyone you ask and we need guys like that. Want me to rebound? Sure coach, Want me to shut down swing? Sure coach.

If he is that guy or "will" be that guy I'd love to see him in National Flag Blue.

Almost sounds like Lyman DePriest.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Have not seen him live, but he looks slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom