Seven NCs on the floor | The Boneyard

Seven NCs on the floor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Apologies if this has been discussed. I don't follow the WNBA closely and don't read most of the WNBA threads on the board.

But ... I happened to catch a few minutes of the Liberty game last night and noticed that at one point Cash, Charles and Stokes were all on the floor. I assume that's not the first time this season. Since they didn't overlap at all, the trio represented seven distinct UConn championships: 00, 02, 09, 10, 13, 14, 15. Had that happened before this year? Had it ever been exceeded?

My recollection--again, I don't follow the league closely so correct me if I'm wrong-- is that DT hasn't had a lot of UConn teammates. So that might take the 03 and 04 titles out of the mix (except for JMo I guess), in which case perhaps this year was the first time for seven NCs (from one team) represented on the floor at one time?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
hmmm, never really counted them. You could be on to something.

Reaction Score
Great idea you have. When they play Phoenix you can add two more for DT (03, 04) to make it nine. And if we could get Rebecca Lobo (95) to get on the floor with them for an interview I believe that would get all ten.

Reaction Score
Great idea you have. When they play Phoenix you can add two more for DT (03, 04) to make it nine. And if we could get Rebecca Lobo (95) to get on the floor with them for an interview I believe that would get all ten.
That'll have to be next year for DT to be on the floor. But then you can make it 10 with Griner's 1 NC

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think that Diana played with Ketia for a year or two and with Charde for a year or two. But Dee was out part of the time that Charde played for Phoenix.

Reaction Score
ok, I did some research and I think this is a first, i.e. before this year no WNBA team had a roster that represented at least seven distinct NCs from one college team.

First off, the Vols NCs were too spread out. No one from the 80s teams would have been in the WNBA at the same time as any of the CP era teams. So, no way could they get up to seven.

Then, as far as I can see no one on the 1995 team lasted past 2007. At which point we only had 5 NCs. So you can ignore 95. If you exclude 95 as well as 2013-15, that leaves only six NCs. So the roster has to include Kelly, Stef, Bria, KML or Kiah. I went one by one and the closest other than the current Liberty is Seattle this year. But Rene was gone for 2010, so they only have six (00, 02 from Bird, 09 from Rene, and 13,14,15 from KML.)

I have a feeling that whoever lands Morgan Tuck might have an excellent chance to up the ante!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom