Serious question | The Boneyard

Serious question

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

storrsbred1

Assuming this year continues as it is playing out and the "coaching" staff remains in tact next season and that season is the same as this, how many years will it take to recover to the level of football played prior to PP and company?

It took years to climb one rung of the ladder after the other to eventually become legit in the eyes of many. I thought FHCRE did a good job in building a brand. It's all gone in two seasons, perhaps 3. It appears UConn will have to start from scratch again, but at least the next staff won't have to work out of trailers and the trophy case has a few things to display.

Reaction Score
Three years is a lot, the next coaching staff will have what to work with? the talent will be........

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Without BCS access I don't see a return to former levels anytime soon. It's not that we were worldbeaters, but we are now going into a have-not conference and can't afford recruiting mistakes.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Hopefully not as many years as it took to go up, man 33-30 seems a lifetime ago, the energy in the building from 2010 seems gone its almost a flat feeling I hate it, can remember running on the field after finally beating WV At home.

Reaction Score
The deterioration of the BE has hurt tremendously. The future of the BE/Coast-to-Coast isn't great- the Island of Misfit Toys plus Boise State. They will be extremely hard pressed to make a four team playoff.

As for UConn, PP has shown the game has passed him by. His offense is one of the worst in America. They are always in snoozefests (as long as the defense plays well) and blowouts when they don't. He has not shown that he is a difference maker as a recruiter or we'd see more of his recruits making a difference.

So I believe that it will take a long time to recover. The one possibility is UConn getting a coach who favors offense over everything else and recognizes that he's got to put some excitement into these games. Southern Cal's loss today hurts them as much as UConn's but putting 51 points up on the #3 team in the nation doesn't leave them without hope. In fact they'll burst NDs bubble in a couple weeks.

Reaction Score
The frustrating this is that everything RE built has been torn down in less than two years

It's looks like he intended to tear it all down and make it his own. That's not always bad but in this case hasn't worked out well. Some great games today though, excepting ours.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm guessing the "Edsall left the cupboard bare" angle will still be thrown about then.
I believe the metaphor in favor for this crew is they inherited a trainwreck.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I'm guessing the "Edsall left the cupboard bare" angle will still be thrown about then.

Edsall left behind a team stocked with 5 star recruits, especially at running back and quarterback.

Reaction Score
A good coach will look at the talent we currently have at QB and believe they could come in here and win quickly. The talent on this team is not far away from the talent that won the league two years ago. We do however need a running back. Where the heck was Max yesterday?

Reaction Score
Think about this, edsall left behind a team that had stars on defense and an oline that produced 1000 yard rushers and 2 solid TE's. What ever coach p had to add to that base of talent was squandered. The cup board was not bare, that's an insult to Sio Moore, Dwayne Gratz, Jesse Joseph, Ryan Wirth, Tevardo Williams, Smallwood, Blidi Wilson,and a bunch of other great kids that could have achieved so much more had they had better coaching to guide them.

I feel terrible for the seniors that had experienced so much previous success to have to go out like this.

Reaction Score
The cup board was not bare,

Well the cupboard was pretty bare at running back. We have been spoiled with the likes of Donald Brown, Todman, Caulley etc. Nobody on the current roster is in that class or even close. You put Temples running back on our current team and we have at least two more wins, minimum.

Then again if we had a big time running back P and D would run them 30 + times per game and wear them out by game 4.

Reaction Score
Well the cupboard was pretty bare at running back. We have been spoiled with the likes of Donald Brown, Todman, Caulley etc. Nobody on the current roster is in that class or even close. You put Temples running back on our current team and we have at least two more wins, minimum.

Then you become a passing team. Southern Cal for years was known as Tailback U, but once they got into this century other than Reggie Bush, it's been QBs that have lead them to prominence. The offense needs to recognize that the only thing they are doing even slightly well is throwing the ball. Last night the passing game was the only glimmer of hope for them.

Reaction Score
the 3rd qtr was demoralizing from the standpoint that we controlled the ball for 11 total min with a 16 play 7:39 drive that only netted a FG.....seemed like total domination but without the results...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom