Series with LSU now confirmed | The Boneyard

Series with LSU now confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
It's very interesting to me that her homecoming game will be played in Hamilton, not Syracuse. ;)

Reaction Score
Hillsman is a twit. Cause could get 6000 spectators at home if he took this game. Just dumb.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I'm wondering if we even approached Syracuse. It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't, thanks to the lingering animosity regarding conference realignment.

Colgate's gym is tiny. They could probably fill half of it just with Stewie's family and friends. When Jake Voskuhl played his homecoming game at the University of Houston during his senior season (1999-2000), he had 600 friends and family members in attendance.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering if we even approached Syracuse. It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't, thanks to the lingering animosity regarding conference realignment.
I thought we did, and they declined

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Syracuse was approached and they didn't want to play the game. Shortsighted on their part as most likely it would have been the highest attended game. Also depending on when it was scheduled, it might have been a Nationally Televised Game.

Reaction Score
Syracuse was approached and they didn't want to play the game. Shortsighted on their part as most likely it would have been the highest attended game. Also depending on when it was scheduled, it might have been a Nationally Televised Game.
Hillsman has stated he doesn't want any increased Uconn recruiting competition. Nor, would he like his team to continue lose to Uconn by substantial margins.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Hillsman has stated he doesn't want any increased Uconn recruiting competition. Nor, would he like his team to continue lose to Uconn by substantial margins.
He's got a point.

Reaction Score
What other OOC games are there next year? I assume @South Carolina and home vs Notre Dame. Any others?

Reaction Score
I would like to see as many top teams as possible on our schedule. I think the
fans are getting tired of 90-40 games. As someone here said, maybe they should
start charging the public for inter-squad games. I think they would be really
competitive, especially next year.

I think they could raise some revenue doing this. Maybe they should try one
during preseason and see what response they get from the fans. Also, some
teams don't want to play Uconn so maybe they would be receptive to a exhibition
game instead. This way, even Uconn would get a competitive game as opposed
to what we have seen in the past in exhibiton games. Just a thought.

Lets hope that South Florida continues winning in the NCAA Tournament and
maybe teams will start to see the benefit of playing Uconn. It certainly could be
a big plus when a team gets to the Tournament,

Reaction Score
Maybe some pro teams could give us a good game, though I can't think of any. Possibly a team from Europe? We could petition the ncaa to let it count.

HGN

Reaction Score
LSU was in the Tournament field this year............Hopefully it will help with our SOS for the next 2 years. Since Duke decided not to schedule us going forward we needed a worthwhile opponent to replace that game. LSU is a good replacement. They are competitive SEC member , unafraid , and willing to sign a home and home agreement...... So I give them a lot of credit.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Re the LSU game, maybe Geno wants to go to NOLA for a nice dinner again. :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Re the LSU game, maybe Geno wants to go to NOLA for a nice dinner again. :)
Maybe. But he'd have to drive down from Baton Rouge where LSU is located. ;)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Why should Cuse sked us-----what do they have to gain?
See how they stack up against the very best? Certainly they have the best conference so it's not like they need a huge OOC schedule to beef up the resume, but why not?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
But in fairness, I don't know that we go after the same type of players. And there is almost no scenario I could see where a kid would choose Syracuse over UCONN (unless the had some kind of relationship with the coaching staff already).

Is there a single recruit UCONN has ever lost to Syracuse? Regardless of whether we play them or not, it's not like they were ever going to get Hartley or Dolson or Stewie or Chong. Heck they got Bulter out of NY but lost Calhoun to Duke, Cuevas to SC, Fraser (2015) to maryland, and Jones to L'ville. Heck they don't even get kids from NJ or Pennsylvania.

I guess I can see his point, BUT it's not like a ton of top talent has come from NY, and Syracuse is never going to be a huge draw for WCBB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom