Semi OT WNBA Takes Control of Sparks | The Boneyard

Semi OT WNBA Takes Control of Sparks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Reports of the WNBA's death may not be exaggerated.
LINK

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Wow, the Sparks folding with their talent. A dispersal draft maybe.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
OUch. And the league ISN'T going to take over. I wonder if Kathy Goodman will step up.... If this doesn't remind the players how lucky they are to have a home grown league -- and that they need to support it to help it grow, I don't know what will....

Reaction Score
Sounds much worse than it is, I think. More of a problem with the ownership group than a failing franchise. Sucks from a PR standpoint for the WNBA though.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-sparks-20140102,0,7972507.story#axzz2pISbpiBD
And the updated reports now say the league isn't taking over control of the franchise, just the search for new owners. I wouldn't bet on a dispersal draft but who knows if there are "quality" owners available who want to keep the team in LA or not.

Weird night from Candace Parker's point of view - jersey retired, Lady Vols lose for no good reason, her WNBA team temporarily doesn't exist. Enough to make my head spin anyway.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
sad for the Women's game... in the USA

Reaction Score
I hear there's a need for some quality basketball in Knoxville. Maybe some rich Vol will buy the team and move it east?

Reaction Score
stuff like this is going to kill the wnba. I'm from la, it's pretty sad that I had to find out in the espn ticker by accident. Pretty much shows that not much interest is in basketball these past months in la.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
stuff like this is going to kill the wnba. I'm from la, it's pretty sad that I had to find out in the espn ticker by accident. Pretty much shows that not much interest is in basketball these past months in la.

And I'm reminded how such a big metro can't support an NFL franchise either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom