See ya later West Virginia | The Boneyard

See ya later West Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What a game. I hope we can knock off Syracuse like the Girls knocked off Notre Dame last night!

Reaction Score
I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. The bar at the Pennsylvania Hotel as a stool with my name on it.

Reaction Score
Good bye and riddance to them. Worst state in the nation for EVERYTHING.

Reaction Score
Good bye and riddance to them. Worst state in the nation for EVERYTHING.

That's just ridiculous. What if you want to die dirt poor? Or younger than what is expected in the rest of the country. What if you don't like quality education? If living within an hour of Pittsburgh is just too big time for you?

Reaction Score
That's just ridiculous. What if you want to die dirt poor? Or younger than what is expected in the rest of the country. What if you don't like quality education? If living within an hour of Pittsburgh is just too big time for you?
I forgot. Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.

Reaction Score
Was a big Mountaineer fan......WAS!

BC type despicable. Glab we paved their way to the NIT.

Reaction Score
RVs are backing up traffic here in NYC as the toothless head back to the hills in search of mroe coal.
Coal is not a bad investment. I guess they culturally fit in well in the T. Boone Pickens Conference.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So we don't like West Virginia because they did exactly what 99% of our fans want us to do. Not that I ever liked them, just seems like an odd reason.

Reaction Score
So we don't like West Virginia because they did exactly what 99% of our fans want us to do. Not that I ever liked them, just seems like an odd reason.

I'm pretty sure we have enough class to leave more like Syracuse and Pitt rather than WVU. That's got more to do with it than actually leaving.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

This quote gets my vote for Top 10 Boneyard Posts of 2012...fantastic!

Reaction Score
How soon we forget how classy they were after Jazz. No I don't like how and why they're leaving, but UConn fans shouldn't be throwing stones at them. Trust, there are plenty of folks who will do that.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
How soon we forget how classy they were after Jazz. No I don't like how and why they're leaving, but UConn fans shouldn't be throwing stones at them. Trust, there are plenty of folks who will do that.

Although it's true that they were very classy after Jazz's death, I have to say that a portion of their fanbase has been extremely vocal and extremely BRUTAL to Big East fans on multiple websites. The second that they announced that they were leaving the conference, I have seen nothing but extremely negative rants from their fanbase on sites like the one from that station in Bristol, Big East Coast Bias, Big East Conference on Facebook, etc.

So not only did they leave us in a pretty harsh manner, but many of their fans are also kicking mud in our face as they exit the building. That's some of the reason why you are seeing stones being thrown at them. The stones were actually from West Virginia soil...

Reaction Score
Six months ago that was my favorite fan base in the conference, including ours. But they have utterly earned our disdain by not being willing to live up to their agreements, and by their incredibly stupid justifications for doing the wrong thing. Not for leaving. Like the others, they have every right to leave.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Go over to their boards and read the "good riddance to the big least", "calhoun is a cheat" etc posts. What they did for Jazz was great and it does temper how I feel about them to a degree. But they showed no respect to their conference mates and they bash the conference that they called home for many years. Yes, we would leave too if we had the chance. Hopefully it will happen in the same manner that Cuse left, not like WVU.

Reaction Score
The "US GENERATION" has all but died off...... the "ME GENERATION" is taking over and man does it look ugly. Loyalty in general is dying on the vine. The only ones willing to stick together are the catholic schools and half of this board is "praying" that we beat WVU out the door. In the long run the Georgetown's of the world will be able to hold their heads up proud while we pimp Jonathan out to any conference that happens to drive by our street corner. Man...... the NCAA is really starting to smell.

Reaction Score
Yeah . . . take that West Virginia! Going to a conference with Texas, Oklahoma & Oklahoma State. What were you thinking?

That's as bad as BCU & VT & Miami & SU & Pitt going to a conference with the likes of Florida State & Clemson. Hey man . . . we got Temple and Louisville (at least til they leave). Then who? Iona, Marist, UMass, Lehigh?

Reaction Score
Being a hero many times is not an act of valor but of opportunity. IE; snatching a child out of the road in front of a speeding car. 90% of the population would do that but the person that through circumstances does it is labeled a hero.

This brings me to Jazz and WVU. WVU was the next game on the schedule. THEY had the opportunity to show the UConn Nation their respect for Jazz and uConn's loss. Would any other BE school do the same? IMHO - YES they all would. So although I like and respect WVU for their actions after the Jazz tradgety I did not think they were really any different than any other team/fan base.

WVU Leaving: I know the way they did it was a bit dispicable. I do believe they probably had a ultimatium from the Big 12 - 2012 or never. IF the BiG or the ACC gave UConn that type of ultimatium what would UConn do? What would the fan base want them to do? Stay morally sound and play Temple and Memphis forever with a mediocre TV deal or play Michigan, Penn State and Ohio and reap the riches?

IF UConn were ever offerred that and refused as they were bound by the BE rules I bet the Boneyard would explode!

Reaction Score
Go over to their boards and read the "good riddance to the big least", "calhoun is a cheat" etc posts. What they did for Jazz was great and it does temper how I feel about them to a degree. But they showed no respect to their conference mates and they bash the conference that they called home for many years. Yes, we would leave too if we had the chance. Hopefully it will happen in the same manner that Cuse left, not like WVU.

Yes, I dont blame them for leaving but we would do the same if given the chance but I would like to believe our fan base would at least show an ounce of respect toward the Big East, their fan base has put themselves on a pedestool and tried to belittle other fan bases, their fanbase walks around with a sense of entitlement. What they did for Jazz was a classy move but if anyone reads their boards they would have a different tune.

Reaction Score
Yes, I dont blame them for leaving but we would do the same if given the chance but I would like to believe our fan base would at least show an ounce of respect toward the Big East, their fan base has put themselves on a pedestool and tried to belittle other fan bases, their fanbase walks around with a sense of entitlement. What they did for Jazz was a classy move but if anyone reads their boards they would have a different tune.
I do not believe that we would do the same nor do I believe that 99% of the people think that we should grovel to the ACC or Big 10.

Make no mistake Bill Stewart was the only class WVU ever had.

If you ever saw the interview with Luck at half time of some game. He dumped on Stewart and he dumped on the Big East. He made it sound like WVU is too good for the Big East to ever lose the title to us was disgraceful. If you can find it on You Tube listen to it.

I am happy that the are gone - good riddance. Back to their trailers. Despite our loss in the Fiesta I was happy that they did not go. I would be all the more happy if the loss kept them out of the NCAA 64 for basketball..

Reaction Score
I will miss west Virginia about as much as Clark griswold misses cousin eddie

Reaction Score

Don't go to their boards. The only time I ever went was to congratulate them on a win, and they had some good BE wins. But they were never going to be the standard bearer for the big east. That was Miami's job. And VT could have stepped into that role. I've said it before, should have just let the ACC have Syracuse. If VT stayed, this would be a respectable conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom