Seating Upgrade Bitersweet.. | The Boneyard

Seating Upgrade Bitersweet..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While it was nice to get a very good move for my group of four it is sad to think we could move closer to the field by eight rows. This after moving five rows closer last year. This while only accepting four seats end of row in preferred seating adjacent to chair.
Again it is very sad to think the predictions seen here and elsewhere are very accurate the crowd will be sparse to say the least. :( It's not like this years home schedule is going to draw a big walk-up...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Yeah, basically picked my seats this year. Square 1, population: us.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They need to fix this program ASAP.

The attendance is going to quickly become the biggest piece of evidence for team #eliminatefootball.

Reaction Score
Losing is he main issue, but when you lose ugly and play a horriffically (is that a word) boring low risk offense with a seemingly generic gameplan for each team, you've made a big argument for fans to find other more entertaining things to do, As much as I love going to the games I can attend (I work nights, weekends, etc) you need to give people with competing responsibilities/interests a reason to push them over the top to make that committment with confidence they won't be eating tickets each week. I hope we get there soon.

Reaction Score
The nice thing is that because nobody shows up anymore, I can still buy cheap seats and then go sit wherever I want. For the UCF game I was sitting at the 50 behind the UConn bench.

Though I'd trade it for some enthusiasm and attendance. But still, silver linings!

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
The nice thing is that because nobody shows up anymore, I can still buy cheap seats and then go sit wherever I want. For the UCF game I was sitting at the 50 behind the UConn bench.

Though I'd trade it for some enthusiasm and attendance. But still, silver linings!

Shhhhh - don't tell the Sec 242 seating police. They'll get you run out of the place!

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Top of The Rent tickets went or go on sale soon? I convinced 4 of my buddies to get season tickets, but they're cheap so we're going with Top of The Rent. Personally, I like being up there, gives you a way better view of the entire field.

Reaction Score
I renewed our old seats - do we get moved up automatically, or did we need to specifically request a new seating location?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I renewed our old seats - do we get moved up automatically, or did we need to specifically request a new seating location?
Call up and speak to a ticket rep... Pick your section!

Reaction Score
Losing is he main issue, but when you lose ugly and play a horriffically (is that a word) boring low risk offense with a seemingly generic gameplan for each team, you've made a big argument for fans to find other more entertaining things to do, As much as I love going to the games I can attend (I work nights, weekends, etc) you need to give people with competing responsibilities/interests a reason to push them over the top to make that committment with confidence they won't be eating tickets each week. I hope we get there soon.
For what we have been through and living with no matter what Webster says we understand your use of horrifically. My spell check cut out one f though.:D

Does anyone know if Top of The Rent tickets went or go on sale soon? I convinced 4 of my buddies to get season tickets, but they're cheap so we're going with Top of The Rent. Personally, I like being up there, gives you a way better view of the entire field.
Like your opinion of the view but even if they have those tickets this year you will at the least be in middle of The Rent. ;)

What Mike said. Have a seating chart in front of you though as there are many options this year. Some will get you closer to the middle of the field and others will get you closer to the field. My keen sense of the obvious. :rolleyes:
GO DOGS BEAT NOVA !!!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I was able to successfully transfer our seat location from a friend's name to mine after he moved to FL. Sadly, I only renewed 2 of 6 as 4 dropped out after Year 1 of the last football trilogy. But I did request to keep the same exact location and they accommodated.

Reaction Score
I was able to successfully transfer our seat location from a friend's name to mine after he moved to FL. Sadly, I only renewed 2 of 6 as 4 dropped out after Year 1 of the last football trilogy. But I did request to keep the same exact location and they accommodated.

Did you secure season-long bottomless popcorn too?

Reaction Score
I'm staying put. But what a shame. The Rent used to be one tough place to play. The excitement was palpable. The crowds loud and the stands packed. I don't know what's worse having experienced what was or never having experienced it all. I go because I believe we can rise again. Some day. Some way.

Reaction Score
Bob Diaco is our only hope.

Dude needs to turn this around and quick. I'm not saying 9-3, I'm saying at least give me 5-7 this year, maybe even a nice 6-6 somehow. Give fans some friggin hope.

Jeff Hathaway needs to have a statue put up outside of Gampel just so we can desecrate it and then rip it down Paterno style or Saddam style. Hell, do one of Blumenthal while you're at it

Reaction Score
Bob Diaco is our only hope.

Dude needs to turn this around and quick. I'm not saying 9-3, I'm saying at least give me 5-7 this year, maybe even a nice 6-6 somehow. Give fans some friggin hope.

Jeff Hathaway needs to have a statue put up outside of Gampel just so we can desecrate it and then rip it down Paterno style or Saddam style. Hell, do one of Blumenthal while you're at it

Not even in Dick Blumenthal's imagination did he miss a single tackle or flinch before a single snap while we went 3-9 and 2-10.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not even in Dick Blumenthal's imagination did he miss a single tackle or flinch before a single snap while we went 3-9 and 2-10.

No but at least you can build a reasonable narrative his lawsuit keeps UConn out of the ACC. It might not be true but it would be fun.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
winning will sure a lot of problems

I used to attend most home games for an extended period of time. I went to one game last year, opening day vs BYU. That was the first game I went to since Western Michigan beat us in PP's 1st year. I'd love to go to more games, I'd love to donate money and buy season tickets, but the team has to be competitive.

For the time being, all my financial investment in UConn Athletics goes to the basketball program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom