Season Tickets | The Boneyard

Season Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just ordered my season tickets for XL Center. I gave serious consideration to buying Gampel this year since I FINALLY have enough priority points to get chair backs, but the project I am on at work will probably keep me from going to all the XL Center games let alone Gampel. Lots of weekend work in my future :(

I am annoyed, though, that they have not yet published the schedule. I have no idea what games I will see, assuming I can make all the XL games. I am not pleased with this new marketing plan. Surely UConn knows what games will be at which venues by now. Even if the conference schedule hasn't been settled yet, at least they could publish the locations of the OOC home games.

At least I know I will make one good matchup ...assuming my son comes through for me with his Stanford connections.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
When do they usually announce the season schedule?

I am sure they want butts in the seats so I don't believe that they're going to post the schedule when they get around to it...

I don't recall when the schedule is actually anounced.. Anybody recall when it was announced in previous years?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
When do they usually announce the season schedule?

I am sure they want butts in the seats so I don't believe that they're going to post the schedule when they get around to it...

I don't recall when the schedule is actually anounced.. Anybody recall when it was announced in previous years?

My best recollection is that the schedule is announced in October, or a little over a month after folks like us have committed a few hundred bucks to have tickets to see games on dates unknown against opponents unknown. A costly leap of faith, indeed.

Is this akin to the wagon preceding the horse? Or the purchase of a pig in a poke?

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Going out on a limb for my XL tix....will probably buy one of those 3-game packs for Gampel. I hope to get at least a few good games out of that.....

Reaction Score
The schedule used to be announced mid to late August and before season tickets went on sale. In past years I always knew the games I was buying tickets for at XL. I just think this is a little bit of a ploy to get people to buy tickets hoping they will get to see one of the top games. If Uconn puts all the cupcakes or non-competitive games at the XL when the schedule is finally announced it is going to anger a lot of folks who bought on faith that at least a couple of games had a potential to be competitive. When trying to rebuild interest in attending games in person you don't want to go pissing off those customers you already have.

Reaction Score
It also doesn't help to increase the prices either. As soon as we commit, out will come the packages for discounted plans.

Reaction Score
The schedule used to be announced mid to late August and before season tickets went on sale. In past years I always knew the games I was buying tickets for at XL. I just think this is a little bit of a ploy to get people to buy tickets hoping they will get to see one of the top games. If Uconn puts all the cupcakes or non-competitive games at the XL when the schedule is finally announced it is going to anger a lot of folks who bought on faith that at least a couple of games had a potential to be competitive. When trying to rebuild interest in attending games in person you don't want to go pissing off those customers you already have.
Don't they schedule more interesting games at the XL because it can accommodate more fans?

Reaction Score
It also doesn't help to increase the prices either. As soon as we commit, out will come the packages for discounted plans.
But you get better seats

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
They had moved many big games to Gampel in recent years. I think we had Duke and Penn State at Gampel 2 yrs ago. Stamford last yr and even N dame their last year.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
My email tells me that the "Priority Deadline" is now extended to September 8. It may be that the response is not as anticipated....a schedule might help ....:rolleyes:

G

genosguy

I just ordered my season tickets for XL Center. I gave serious consideration to buying Gampel this year since I FINALLY have enough priority points to get chair backs, but the project I am on at work will probably keep me from going to all the XL Center games let alone Gampel. Lots of weekend work in my future :(

I am annoyed, though, that they have not yet published the schedule. I have no idea what games I will see, assuming I can make all the XL games. I am not pleased with this new marketing plan. Surely UConn knows what games will be at which venues by now. Even if the conference schedule hasn't been settled yet, at least they could pubHUthe locations of the OOC home games.

At least I know I will make one good matchup ...assuming my son comes through for me with his Stanford connections.
HUMBLE BRAG????

Reaction Score
genosguy said:
HUMBLE BRAG????

Not sure what you mean by that. My son works in Palo Alto, practically across the street from the Stanford campus. Being one year out of college and a very social type he has met many Stanford undergrads and graduate students. They are his core group of friends. I asked him to try to tap into them to get him and me tickets to the game when I go out to visit him for the first time since he moved from Connecticut after graduation.

Now, my other post about how I may actually end up with those tickets? Yeah, that probably qualifies as a "humble brag". :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom