Season Ticket Sales | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Season Ticket Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In a nutshell, that's exactly the issue.
Well I like the Fooball team but just not enoughto get excited. Even when they have a little semblance of offense it is scrapped for ugly football. The team is just not to watch with their ugly offense and losing so many games. There is no tradition unfortunately to grow with and no excitement to look forward to. It really is going to be an uphill climb for the football program. I live and die with UCONN's men basketball and always will. I don't really even care about the Women's basketball team that much but at least they have a tradition. I do hope for he school's sake though they can start winning.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
This is going to be my go to quote about this whole situation from now on. Can't afford to have 4 fanbases at this stage of the game.
Exactly. It kills me when I meet people that are like "oh, I'm just a basketball fan"... its like "what, you're too good for UConn Football? Cuz you do realize that your tax dollars support the state's flagship institution for which they play for- therefore, you should have some ownership and pride, but whatever." You think in other states that have P5 football state schools there is this issue?

Reaction Score
fwiw.., The afternoon Joe D. & Gresch had Des Conner on as a guest. When questioned if UConn starts out 0-2 would the fans drift away, Des said given that scenario, yes they would because they will have again have been beaten by an FCS team & Army. BUT, he also said that he didn't think UConn would start out at 0-2. Joe D. then threw out that season ticket sales for this season were the lowest in the school's FBS era.

Reaction Score
Let me shorten/fix this for you:

There are a lot of factions because UConn has a lot of 'fans' who are front running s.

The subset of that group that are willfully ignorant of the college sports landscape are the most annoying.

Home run post. I constantly argue with a woman's hoops fan about our conference affiliation. She gets upset when I tell her the program will flop after Geno leaves. My reasoning is there is a little money to be made in that sport and the p5 schools will be able to afford the top coaches.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Home run post. I constantly argue with a woman's hoops fan about our conference affiliation. She gets upset when I tell her the program will flop after Geno leaves. My reasoning is there is a little money to be made in that sport and the p5 schools will be able to afford the top coaches.

I'm no women's basketball expert but Geno is like 5 standard deviations outside of his peers.

Even if his replacement was the best coach in the country they still would take a huge step back.

It's going to be facinating when they need to replace him. Who they hire and how the fanbase reacts if they fall back to even a Notre Dame level of success.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
It's going to be facinating when they need to replace him. Who they hire and how the fanbase reacts if they fall back to even a Notre Dame level of success.
This is huge for the WBB crowd... There are kids that have known nothing but UCWBB dominance.

Geno is one of a kind, no doubt. Interesting side thread, can any tough coach grow and establish in the social media/helicopter parent era?

Reaction Score

There are a lot of factions because UConn has a lot of 'fans' who are front running s.

The subset of that group that are willfully ignorant of the college sports landscape are the most annoying.
Nailed it. Most spot on post in this entire thread, possibly on the entire BY.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

I know we are supposed to treat Lew Perkins like some kind of god here. But he had no problem alienating long-time core fans and replacing them with the front running s of which you describe. Those fans are gone in the lean times.

Reaction Score
In fact, I disagree with your original premise. That "if football is downgraded, UConn might as well tear down Gampel and erect temporary bleachers". Football is the reason the BB team plays in a lousy, no-respect league. Georgetown is being billed as a premiere home game. A team from the league we'd be in if there was no big-time football. Again, football hasn't done basketball any favors. And unless it gets us into a P-5 conference, it never will.

Basketball doesn't matter when it comes to big money conferences. Thinking that it does, has gotten us where we are outside the P5. Get that straight ok? Football doesn't need to do basketball any favors, and thinking that basketball matters more hasn't done the entire university any good.

Reaction Score
Yeah, when Geno's leaves our WBB team becomes La. Tech.
Does Geno have a daughter that could coach the team?

Other than that, one of former stars would keep the profile of the program, Maya Moore or Sue Bird, someone like that.

Reaction Score
I apologize if this was already included somewhere in this thread, but has the school announced the number of season ticket holders sold yet?

Reaction Score
I apologize if this was already included somewhere in this thread, but has the school announced the number of season ticket holders sold yet?
Based on it being the second week of August with no word is say lowwww.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Might be best if we aren't told.

Reaction Score
Nah, she's yesterday's news. Shea Ralph is the heir apparent.

I'm opting for Sue Bird should she retire in the next couple of years. The younger generation know her name.

Reaction Score
Based on it being the second week of August with no word is say lowwww.

I just bought my top of the rent ST. 1st time ST holder for football, soccer and 2nd yr. for hockey. I'm from CT, but last year hockey season was the 1st time really buying any type of tickets for UCONN. Now, im sure I'll be buying ST for all sports again next year.
Everyone please BUY hockey ST too. Hockey could help us get into B1G. Leading attendance in hockey east will help overall image. Especially If Rutgers joins D1 in 2020 and we have a new XLC, I really think we might have a chance. ( I'm a noob to the whole CR thing, so please forgive my ignorance)

Reaction Score
^^^^^ what I should have said: more than 1/2 of top of the rent sections weren't available, good sign? How many rows do they consider "top of rent"?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
^^^^^ what I should have said: more than 1/2 of top of the rent sections weren't available, good sign? How many rows do they consider "top of rent"?

We went through this last year...they only open small sections at a time. Nothing to be gained by trying to guess based on the ticket sale website.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Might be best if we aren't told.
Memphis never reported what their total was last year, which allows them to say they are ahead of last year's numbers already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom