Season Ticket Sales | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Season Ticket Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I really hope that all of us loyal season ticket holders are rewarded and grandfathered into our seat locations once we're invited to the B1G. :)
Can't wait for that day to come... "Welcome to Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field for today's Big Ten conference matchup between, the visiting Ohio State University Buckeyes... and YOUR University of Connecticut HUSKIES!!!!"

Reaction Score
Can't wait for that day to come... "Welcome to Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field for today's Big Ten conference matchup between, the visiting Ohio State University Buckeyes... and YOUR University of Connecticut HUSKIES!!!!"

Just my opinion, and people are free to do as they please, but I've dropped the notion that we'll get a P5 invite anytime soon. It's not happening. May not ever happen. I hate to use definitive statements because who knows what the landscape will look like 10-20 years from now, but I'm just going to enjoy the games this year without worrying about attendance, TV ratings, exposure, and all of the other nonsense this year. Realignment has royally screwed us. My opinion only, but our fate has been sealed. Drink, eat, and watch a game with my kid. Embrace the apathy I guess.

Reaction Score
Just my opinion, and people are free to do as they please, but I've dropped the notion that we'll get a P5 invite anytime soon. It's not happening. May not ever happen. I hate to use definitive statements because who knows what the landscape will look like 10-20 years from now, but I'm just going to enjoy the games this year without worrying about attendance, TV ratings, exposure, and all of the other nonsense this year. Realignment has royally screwed us. My opinion only, but our fate has been sealed. Drink, eat, and watch a game with my kid. Embrace the apathy I guess.

I'm rapidly getting to that point, if not already there. Just not seeing the P5 thing.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
While I choose not to agree with the outlook, I do agree that it's the best attitude to have on gameday. I just can't let the ludicrous events of the last 6 or 7 years suck the enjoyment out of the games anymore. I can spend the off season thinking about P5 realignment.

Now if they could actually win some games I'd really be having a blast.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

There are many times I am thinking the same. Embrace the AAC and its strange match ups. This is where we are. It could stay interesting if we continue to produce NFL players. And if we start winning, then bonus.

Reaction Score
There are many times I am thinking the same. Embrace the AAC and its strange match ups. This is where we are. It could stay interesting if we continue to produce NFL players. And if we start winning, then bonus.

I don't know if I can ever embrace the AAC. I'll never be as excited for a matchup with Houston or Tulsa the same way I was against Cuse, Pitt, WVU, Rutgers, etc. To say that the AAC hasn't sucked a lot of joy from following the program would be a huge lie.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
For the upcoming season, I just want to go to games with the thought that we can actually win a game again. Once we get the program back to that point, I'll worry about attendance issues and how it affects our P5 profile. It's a real tough sell to get folks to buy season tickets to go watch a 2-win team when they've all heard the warnings and seen the slashed ticket prices 24 hours before the game.

But I'll say this: if UConn is able to announce something "B1G", I'd expect season ticket sales to absolutely go bonkers in these same manner that it did in RU and MD.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I don't know if I can ever embrace the AAC. I'll never be as excited for a matchup with Houston or Tulsa the same way I was against Cuse, Pitt, WVU, Rutgers, etc. To say that the AAC hasn't sucked a lot of joy from following the program would be a huge lie.

Agree. I can count on one hand the number of games I've looked forward to going to in the past 3 seasons and all of them were OOC games.

Reaction Score
I'm supporting my team and my university and purchased season tickets regardless of schedule. However-I will say that I'll buy better seats IF we ever get into a better conference

Reaction Score

Nailed it. I miss relevant games against relevant programs.

Reaction Score
The number I'm hearing from someone I trust is 13,000 so far. No word on if that includes students or not.

Also heard about 2,000 for hockey which is considered pretty good.

Reaction Score
The number I'm hearing from someone I trust is 13,000 so far. No word on if that includes students or not.

Oh God. Please be at least 20K. We will have a hard time recovering if true.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

I didn't say I liked it. But odds are, we're not going anywhere. And because so many - most - refuse to accept the AAC, they protest by staying away and that is killing us. Spiral.

Reaction Score

Is that 13,000 accounts or tickets?

Reaction Score
We'll recover easily. The population density in Connecticut is insane. Diaco better produce some Ws.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
20k is not gonna happen this year. If the team wins the recovery will be slow, regardless of whether we hit some arbitrary threshold this season or not.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Of course it includes students.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I LOVE TICKET ARRIVAL DAY...

UCONN Country.jpg

Reaction Score
The future depend on it kind of. If we can't get 20K ST then who is going to let us come in to their league. I don't think that winning will solve most of the problem with attendance.

I have been to every home game except 1. CT and Alumni have thumbed their noses at the football program. I wish that I could see recovery. I bought my 6. I hope that more do the same. Hope that I am proven wrong.

This is really a chicken and egg kind of question. Yes, we are down because we aren't winning. Having said that, the few times we have played a big name team we have filled the place. I happen to believe we would fill the place, and have everyone clamoring for more seats, if we were playing Penn State or even BC and teams in their league. Having been in a few stadiums like ND, Yankee stadium, Miami and the Rose Bowl, our stadium is in a league of its own. Far superior. However, we don't have either a record or a schedule to excite people although I happen to be one of the few that believes this years schedule is actually not too bad.

Reaction Score

If that's the number,why did I have a difficult time moving my seat down to the lower bowl ?:rolleyes:

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
If I was in CT, buying four seats would be a no brainer, even if we were 0-12 or still 1-AA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom