Season Ticket Question | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Season Ticket Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have club seats on the 42 yard line. They are great for watching the play unfold. I have always preferred to sit high up so they are perfect for me. Plus there are TVs around showing the plays and replays. They show mostly what's on the big board but not always.

I am going to donate a certain amount to the athletic department each year, so putting some of that toward club seats just made sense. I like the Martini Bar and not having to miss any of the game when I go for a drink or to the men's room. There is little stuff like free programs and a free buffet.

It has less "atmosphere" but also less atmosphere. One thing I truly enjoy is you are always comfortable, never cold or wet or sweaty. I have never had a problem getting into the game.

"Martini bar? ... free buffet?... at a football game? No one can pull the wool over my eyes. Cashmere maybe ... but wool, never!" - Thurston Howell III ... sorry Pal :)

Reaction Score
I look straight down the 42 yard line. My other seat looks down the 43.

Obviously, these seats aren't for everyone. But for someone of my advanced years they have advantages. They are comfortable and civilized. I spent a lot time of in the last row of the student section of Memorial Stadium. My first year at the Rent I was in the blue seats about 15 rows up. It was too low and I didn't enjoy the weather.To each, his own.

Reaction Score
I have 4 seats outside along with my club seats. I take friends and family to games. The seats are used every game. I just haven't sat there for more then 10 minutes. (One Time). Sitting inside is not for everyone. When I was in my 20's 30'40's for example, drinking having fun, getting carried away a bit. I don't think it would have been a great place for me with 634 other people. I have made many friends inside in the last 9 years and really enjoy it. You can walk around and talk to people, it's a different atmosphere. I have talked to coach Calhoun for example and many of his players. Ive talked with Jeff Hathaway to the architect's of the stadium. How can you complain when you can be served drinks in your seat and don't wait in lines for bathroom and food. Club level is 3rd floor so club is just above 200 level. Luxury boxes for the most part are on 4th and 5th floors farther from the field. Next time it's freezing cold and super hot i'll be thinging about you guys who hate the club level. I guess at my age I don't want to walk up and down stairs to use the bathroom and get some beers. Waiting for anything isn't my thing. I've sat in club level at Met life stadium it's different, your seats are outside but you can sit inside if the weather is bad. Best of both in NY.

I once sat in a glassed in area at Fenway behind home plate with clients. Given my druthers I would never do that again if I could sit outside.

1. The whole point to me of going to the game is to experience the crowd, and be having an effect on the game by contributing to the electricity in the stadium. Otherwise, I might as well be in my living room.

2. Putting aside price, I don't buy concessions twice a season (and then it's a bottle of water or a diet coke). I pig out at my tailgate on really good food, have my two or three beers, but once I go into the stadium I want to watch the game. Not be fighting a buzz or eating food not nearly as good as what I just cooked.

3. Weather? They have invented the internet, gore tex, gloves and t shirts. Get a good forecast and dress appropriately. Seriously, after you've sat once on your side of the stadium and figure out how the heat or cold is retained (depending on which side you're on), how hard is it to dress appropriately for a game. Even in foul or hot weather.

4. The bathrooms would be more convenient, but if you avoid halftime and are ready to move on a play that you know is being followed with a timeout, I can normally be back in my seat by the next play (or at worst miss one).

Again, I am thankful that there are those who support the program by buying the indoor seats, and my hat is off to them for doing so. And if your preference is to use the seats, more power to you. But if I was invited to an enclosed box for a big game, I'd be out and getting a good standing spot on the concourse by kickoff.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
To each his own, but sitting inside has no appeal to me whatsoever. One of my favorite memories was at that USF game in the cold, hard rain. At one point, the wind started really blowing and the rain cames down in sheets. The crowd then started cheering very loud, as if to say "Is that all you got!" I went to the outdoor Whale game, compared to that every UConn FB game has been a picnic. Bad weather makes for tough tailgating though, no matter how advanced your infrastructure.

Reaction Score
1st and 10 is doing good. Tough economy. I'm busy so I don't post much, but i'm on here lurking around.:D Coach your famous Hot Dogs are selling well here! All the Foods Great. It's not your typical Sports bar food. Certified Angus Beef Prime night, every Friday.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Chuck - I check in from your place far too often. If you see a stressed out dad with 4 kids in tow, usually on a weekend, come say hi. :)

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I went to the outdoor Whale game, compared to that every UConn FB game has been a picnic. Bad weather makes for tough tailgating though, no matter how advanced your infrastructure.

Good god the "Whale Bowl" was the coldest it's ever been at The Rent in the past 7 seasons at least, by far.

I'd even go as far to say that I have never been colder in my entire life.

Reaction Score
Good god the "Whale Bowl" was the coldest it's ever been at The Rent in the past 7 seasons at least, by far.

I'd even go as far to say that I have never been colder in my entire life.

+1000000000000

I'm still shivering from that night. If I made it through that, I can make it through any weather at the rent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom