Season Ticket Question | The Boneyard

Season Ticket Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
So for the past 7 season I've either had Student, Young Alumni or Top of the Rent tickets, but I'm looking to upgrade this season. I have a couple of questions (which should be easier to find on the site I would imagine).

1) What sections are "Preferred"? $180 / seat
2) What sections are "Reserved"? $150 / seat
3) What does a "Seat Donation" entail? Not to be a cheap bastard but is there a minimum amount you can donate? It seems open ended.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So for the past 7 season I've either had Student, Young Alumni or Top of the Rent tickets, but I'm looking to upgrade this season. I have a couple of questions (which should be easier to find on the site I would imagine).

1) What sections are "Preferred"? $180 / seat
2) What sections are "Reserved"? $150 / seat
3) What does a "Seat Donation" entail? Not to be a cheap bastard but is there a minimum amount you can donate? It seems open ended.

Preferred is between the 35 yd line and the goal line. Reserved is in the endzone.

Reaction Score
The seat donation refers to reserving your same seat for a 3 year cycle. This year is the beginning of the next 3 year cycle. The athletic department sets the seat donation price of the seat donation, & once ordered & paid for, you are locked into a 3 year contract to reserve your seat. If you decide not to renew your seat in years 2 or 3 , you are still on the hook for the seat donation.

Reaction Score
There seem to be some misconceptions here.

I haven't made a seat donation (that's a lot of extra money to get closer to the action) and have a reserved seat and it is in the upper levels, but not the end zone. Actually was in 208 the last few years. I also kept the same seats year to year when I renewed regardless of seat donation, so I don't think the seat donation is tied to the ticket reservations, as I am able to renew each year regardless. And I believe reserved is the entire upper section, whereas preferred is anything below or chairback? Not totally sure but yeah, I know reserved is not specifically the end zone.

Reaction Score
Does anybody on this board have indoor seats in the club level (or whatever it is called behind the glass)? I'm looking at getting season tickets, leaning toward the blue chair backs, but was curious how that "inside" experience is compared to sitting outside. I've never ever had the chance to sit inside at the Rent.

Reaction Score
Does anybody on this board have indoor seats in the club level (or whatever it is called behind the glass)? I'm looking at getting season tickets, leaning toward the blue chair backs, but was curious how that "inside" experience is compared to sitting outside. I've never ever had the chance to sit inside at the Rent.

I sat in those one time and honestly, it's nice being out of the elements and having food readily available, but at same time, I missed being out in the elements and having to wait in line to fork over $375 for food and beer. The crowd noise is muffled and most people in there aren't the most rowdy bunch. I don't have any desire to go in there for a game again.

Reaction Score
There seem to be some misconceptions here.

I haven't made a seat donation (that's a lot of extra money to get closer to the action) and have a reserved seat and it is in the upper levels, but not the end zone. Actually was in 208 the last few years. I also kept the same seats year to year when I renewed regardless of seat donation, so I don't think the seat donation is tied to the ticket reservations, as I am able to renew each year regardless. And I believe reserved is the entire upper section, whereas preferred is anything below or chairback? Not totally sure but yeah, I know reserved is not specifically the end zone.

It's not just the endzone it is the corners too. the preferred areas in the top level are 3 sections to each side of the chairbacks, lower level is 4 sections to each side starts where the corner ends. Reserved have no seat donation and only have year to year renewal. the linked diagram above has the seating chart and section explanations.

Reaction Score

I've sat inside a few times and it is certainly a different experience. It is easier to see how the plays develop and from a strictly football standpoint it is enjoyable. But then again you dont feel like you are a part of the crowd and you are only slightly closer to the game than if you were watching on tv. I would say the inside is a nice experience against our annual 1-aa opponent, but against any tougher competition I would take outdoors.

Reaction Score
I'll just add, that if anyone out there is buying new, or going to games for the first time, and chooses seats between the 30's, there's a pretty big climate difference b/w the visitor sideline (tower side) and the home sideline inside the stadium. It's a lot like first base side vs. third base at yankee stadium.

At Rentschler, the tower side (visitor sideline) gets shade and home sideline is in direct sun. Just have to dress accordingly that's all. Good to know in advance, rather than freezing your ass off for a game or baking in the sun, before you learn your lesson.

Endzones' and corners don't have much of a difference climate wise.

......and there are no bad seats in the house. The lines of sight were developed well.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the responses on "indoor seating". That is pretty much how I figured it would be. Nice, climate controlled, but missing some of the "feeling" of the game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Remember, there is no "climate change" during night games. Or afternoon games in November.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Thanks for all the replies. I'm not one to bash the Marketing/Ticketing Dept but I feel this is a bad job. You have to make the pdf that husky8273 posted more readily accessible as that was a lot of help.

One last question - there doesn't seem to be a price difference between lower preferred and upper preferred? Those are the seats I'm more or less looking at - does anyone have any info on this?

Reaction Score
Samcro--Ive sat inside ( Club Seats) from day one. I also have tickets outside on the 40. (I've never sat in them for more then 10 minutes.) I like being inside because when its hot they have AC. When it rains or its cold they have heat. It will take getting used to because with the glass your not hearing the same amount of noise. I like no lines in bathrooms and its close-by. Don't have to wait in line for food. Waitresses deliver drinks. Seats are like a movie theatre. Send me a message for more info. Chuck

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I have access to my employer's box most games. It is beyond awful inside. I hate it there. I just go in and raid the fridge and go back to my seat outside.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Samcro--Ive sat inside ( Club Seats) from day one. I also have tickets outside on the 40. (I've never sat in them for more then 10 minutes.) I like being inside because when its hot they have AC. When it rains or its cold they have heat. It will take getting used to because with the glass your not hearing the same amount of noise. I like no lines in bathrooms and its close-by. Don't have to wait in line for food. Waitresses deliver drinks. Seats are like a movie theatre. Send me a message for more info. Chuck

Doesn't sound like football to me.

Reaction Score
Samcro--Ive sat inside ( Club Seats) from day one. I also have tickets outside on the 40. (I've never sat in them for more then 10 minutes.) I like being inside because when its hot they have AC. When it rains or its cold they have heat. It will take getting used to because with the glass your not hearing the same amount of noise. I like no lines in bathrooms and its close-by. Don't have to wait in line for food. Waitresses deliver drinks. Seats are like a movie theatre.

Wait, you sit in your 40 yard line seats for 10 minutes before you retire to the Club Seats? People on this board (as well as the MBB and WBB boards) have been looking for you for years! Finally you have come out of the shadows!

Thank you for not yelling on third down. RG3 said it's way too noisy without you.

Reaction Score
I have 4 seats outside along with my club seats. I take friends and family to games. The seats are used every game. I just haven't sat there for more then 10 minutes. (One Time). Sitting inside is not for everyone. When I was in my 20's 30'40's for example, drinking having fun, getting carried away a bit. I don't think it would have been a great place for me with 634 other people. I have made many friends inside in the last 9 years and really enjoy it. You can walk around and talk to people, it's a different atmosphere. I have talked to coach Calhoun for example and many of his players. Ive talked with Jeff Hathaway to the architect's of the stadium. How can you complain when you can be served drinks in your seat and don't wait in lines for bathroom and food. Club level is 3rd floor so club is just above 200 level. Luxury boxes for the most part are on 4th and 5th floors farther from the field. Next time it's freezing cold and super hot i'll be thinging about you guys who hate the club level. I guess at my age I don't want to walk up and down stairs to use the bathroom and get some beers. Waiting for anything isn't my thing. I've sat in club level at Met life stadium it's different, your seats are outside but you can sit inside if the weather is bad. Best of both in NY.

Reaction Score
Love this thread and I'm glad that we are so good at seeing each other's point-of-view! Like true Boneyarders!

Reaction Score
I have 4 seats outside along with my club seats. I take friends and family to games. The seats are used every game. I just haven't sat there for more then 10 minutes. (One Time). Sitting inside is not for everyone. When I was in my 20's 30'40's for example, drinking having fun, getting carried away a bit. I don't think it would have been a great place for me with 634 other people. I have made many friends inside in the last 9 years and really enjoy it. You can walk around and talk to people, it's a different atmosphere. I have talked to coach Calhoun for example and many of his players. Ive talked with Jeff Hathaway to the architect's of the stadium. How can you complain when you can be served drinks in your seat and don't wait in lines for bathroom and food. Club level is 3rd floor so club is just above 200 level. Luxury boxes for the most part are on 4th and 5th floors farther from the field. Next time it's freezing cold and super hot i'll be thinging about you guys who hate the club level. I guess at my age I don't want to walk up and down stairs to use the bathroom and get some beers. Waiting for anything isn't my thing. I've sat in club level at Met life stadium it's different, your seats are outside but you can sit inside if the weather is bad. Best of both in NY.
Viper: Glad to see that you've returned to the board. We've missed your jovial banter. How's things at the restaurant? Are you going to the spring game?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

Ugh! I hate these seats. Friends of ours have them and offer them to us every once in awhile. The wife likes them on cold days (she sat here for USF in the snow three seasons ago) My buddy and I chose to sit in our usual seats in the cold and wet snow. Best move I ever made! If you like to cheer, period, don't sit inside! I got dirty looks and told to shut up by an older couple sitting next to me during the one time I did sit in there. I wasn't even doing anything more than standing a few times after a big play. After that I said never again. I like leaving games without a voice! I also like talking with people around me who actually know and like football. So I sit upper level and enjoy the game just as well. Prefer upper level because you can see the plays develop better. Just my two cents.

Reaction Score
I just think for myself, part of being a fan is being able to scream like crazy on those crucial 3rd and 4th downs on defense to throw off visiting teams. It makes me feel connected to the team and part of the experience. Suffering through some really hot and really cold days is worth the experience to me because that is what it's all about. As a fan, I have such a limited influence on things, it's important to me to be able to use that influence as much as possible.

Of course, I'm not really in any position to afford club seats anyway. But to each their own. :)

Reaction Score
I have club seats on the 42 yard line. They are great for watching the play unfold. I have always preferred to sit high up so they are perfect for me. Plus there are TVs around showing the plays and replays. They show mostly what's on the big board but not always.

I am going to donate a certain amount to the athletic department each year, so putting some of that toward club seats just made sense. I like the Martini Bar and not having to miss any of the game when I go for a drink or to the men's room. There is little stuff like free programs and a free buffet.

It has less "atmosphere" but also less atmosphere. One thing I truly enjoy is you are always comfortable, never cold or wet or sweaty. I have never had a problem getting into the game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh the 42 yard line. You don't have the GPS coordinates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom