Season 1. UMass. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Season 1. UMass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some old fashioned game film:

http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/collections/game_film/index.htm

Great scene at the end of the RI game in 1934 - RI fans tear down the goal posts & then there appears to be a scrum fighting over a flag.

Awesome Stuff. Now I can't do anything for next 1hour so - thanks. I love watching clips like these.

you want to see fundamental blocking and tackling, watch these guys from the 30s and 40s play with no hard hats and no facemasks and no giant shoulder pads.

Reaction Score
Good stuff. And a great example of what should be our "throwback" uniforms...Blue jersey with white shoulders. Or reverse it. Now that would be cool. I was trying to figure out the formation. Didn't look like a true single wing, which I think would have still been popular in the 30s and early 40s.
The ever immortal flying wedge?

Reaction Score
Let's hope that UMass is insignificant to UConn for at least 12 more years. UMass right now, is just the opener for the Huskies. The bigger rivalries occur in weeks 2 & 3. NC State and Maryland (ACC) are the games that take on real significance. Like it or not UConn needs to work hard to position itself as comparable to the Maryland's, Virginia's, NC State, North Carolina, etc. Not UMass - that was so Yankee Conference ago.

Nothing like stating the obvious.

Reaction Score
Let's hope that UMass is insignificant to UConn for at least 12 more years. UMass right now, is just the opener for the Huskies. The bigger rivalries occur in weeks 2 & 3. NC State and Maryland (ACC) are the games that take on real significance. Like it or not UConn needs to work hard to position itself as comparable to the Maryland's, Virginia's, NC State, North Carolina, etc. Not UMass - that was so Yankee Conference ago.
Can't disagree with you except to say Maryland and NC State are opponents, not rivals in the football sense. But you are right that those two games are much more significant, and I hope, more challenging. In many ways I wish we were playing Fordham again,. No worries that they might somehow be really pumped up, and even if they were, we would easily manhandle them.

Reaction Score
:( was unable to view films on Firefox with flash player and quick time players both updated. :(

Reaction Score
Some old fashioned game film:

http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/collections/game_film/index.htm

Great scene at the end of the RI game in 1934 - RI fans tear down the goal posts & then there appears to be a scrum fighting over a flag.

i think we just found our new alternative bball unis
basketball.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member