Scouting UConn-Illinois | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Scouting UConn-Illinois

Reaction Score
Very tough matchup. Hard for DC to play drop coverage when Hawkins shoots 41% and Guerrero 45% from three. DC will have to avoid fouls and make the chip shots. Team will have to avoid live ball turnovers and rotate back hard on missed shots. Fight the hubris, so we are doomed, clearly DOOMED!
Neither of those percentages are correct

Reaction Score
i'm just happy to play a team that appears to be up to the challenge and maybe beat us? who knows but it's gonna be an exciting game and I'm all about it. Plus side: this way no one can say we had this easy road yada yada yada

If we end up beating them by double digits though and win it all (and I'm not saying we will do either), people will still absolutely say we had an easy road. Even if we have to beat Purdue to win it.

They still inexplicably drone on about how we were lucky in 2014 when we had to go through a 2 (Villanova), a 3 (Iowa St), a 4 (MSU), and a 1 (Florida) to get to the final.

Reaction Score
I love the Field of 68 content, but Goodman continues to be Goodman. You can tell he's so eager for us to lose, and gives commentary as if he's trying to will it to happen. Raving about Illinois as a matchup problem, poo-pooing the unique defensive prowess of Castle to slow down Shannen. "If Illinois brings their A game and UConn doesn't bring their A game, UConn goes home." He's so desperate for it to happen.

40 minutes of hell, pedal to the metal, don’t relent. Keeping the good mojo flowing.

Reaction Score
Idk if anyone has mentioned this, but Illinois’ fast pace of play gives us an advantage. Our three losses were our three slowest pace of play games in terms of # possessions. The more possessions the better for us.

Reaction Score
Don't take this the wrong way cause he might be my favorite member of this team, but this game is a tough match up for AK. I think we are gonna see SJ get some time at the 4 and also Jaylin Stewart spelling AK at times to bring more physicality. With that said, I don't think they have an answer for Clingan or T-New. Really excited to how they defend Shannon, Hawkins, and Domask.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom