Score prediction thread for SMU | The Boneyard

Score prediction thread for SMU

Reaction Score
Circus going on the road, and time for five Huskies to balance on the back of a Mustang. As always, who wins it....MOV....with exact score as tie-breaker.

Very interesting contest last time out, and as Hoops Hoppy and West Coast Pup pointed out with their very helpful input, MDOG swept in for an unconventional, but totally legit victory, by the Vegas-style rules of the thread. ( Mdog had to be looking over his shoulder at ADESMAR on that one as they headed down the stretch, eh? ;)) Re the competition for the SEASON'S best predictors, will also award some points to
NEW CORN who was the next closest of the group in what was one of our two worst collective prognostication of the season.....some things are just hard to explain. In any event: "They're off!" (Sure as heck were the last time out....:eek:)

Reaction Score
Where's the highly anticipated report from the last game?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So hard to predict. SMU lost to ECU by 1 point. UCONN beat ECU 90-45. While this game is in Texas, given the amazingly focused smackdown UCONN gave to USF, I can't imagine this game is as close as that one. This team appears to be improving every game and was as focused against USF as any team I"ve ever seen.

UCONN 96
SMU 35

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Saturday's game will be timely fun, when UConn wends its way to 91!

And in honor of what we all hope and pray will be 91 wins in a row, I'll go with 91-65 Huskies.

Reaction Score
I think Geno gets Molly (with Crystal shut down) and Kyla earlier than usual and continues to do that for the next couple of games, along with Natalie, and that keeps the score down somewhat. Maybe a 25-35 point win. He may well need them as experienced as possible down the road.

Reaction Score
'Southern Methodist University---32 The Mad Dog five---107
Butler garners 25 points 13 Rebbies and 8 assist with a career high in minutes played.
Molly 5 pts, 3 rbies, 6 assist NO TO!!
Kyla 8 Rebies
Chong shall set a new Career high---it is so high--there are rules against it. 10 assists.
The Usual Suspects shall all exceed 17pts each

Doak Walker scores 12 points for SMU , honorary points. (2 field goals)

Reaction Score
I think Geno gets Molly (with Crystal shut down) and Kyla earlier than usual and continues to do that for the next couple of games, along with Natalie, and that keeps the score down somewhat. Maybe a 25-35 point win. He may well need them as experienced as possible down the road.

Whether he needs them or does not---they need to be prepared to go in and make a difference--or at the minimum--not give up a lot. I think Geno's measure of success for those beyond the Mad Dog 5 --is to maintain the lead with minor point loses.
Real success for them would be to build on the lead--with SmU.

My hope and serious expectation is that both Chong and Butler build on the previous game in points, Rebounds and assists.
I expect them to not give up more points than they make.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
As bags notes, Geno can do what he wants on player development, so Broadway's Mad Dog 5 might become 5 1/2 or 6. Massey is about as helpful here as he was last game, predicting 84-36. I don't think we see a let down. In establishing a new intercollegiate record you'd want it to be a punctuation mark, right? 107-39

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
UConn 88
SMU 49

#Nastyfor2hours

Oh yeah, GB 28--Dallas Cowgirls 20

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
SMU can field a big lineup, which has given UConn problems this year.....but not on Saturday. With a record-breaking 91 wins at stake, UConn annihilates the Mustangs 96 - 35

Reaction Score
upload_2017-1-12_17-56-48.png
These handsome lads are Tommy James and the Shondells. Sadly, they are often confused with the SMU legacy band of CRAIG James and the Pony Express. Seldom is an effort made to clarify this cock-up. (Note that Craig James had only ONE other member playing with him, Eric Dickerson.)

However, as UConn is engaging the Mustangs (aka “Ponies”) Saturday in Texas, it seemed a good chance to set the record straight. As for the “game” itself, well, you know what's going to happen.

As a side note, TJ & the Shondells seemed to encourage the use of “crystal meth” (“Crystal Blue Persuasion”), but Tommy claimed the name of the song came to him while studying the Bible. He later claimed to have no memory of the 60s, which proved that he was there.

Reaction Score
I want to see if they can maintain the level of play they displayed on Tuesday night. If so, it will be a very ugly game for SMU. I don't do score predictions since the one time I played my prediction was embarrassingly off (a man has got to know his limitations :(). I hope to be able to see the entire game, but I have yearly refresher training for the Maryland Urban Search and Rescue Task Force so I might not be home for the start. I missed the first quarter of Tuesday's game.

Reaction Score
You folks on the Boneyard simply have no idea what the Huskies are getting themselves into when they attempt to upset the mighty Mustangs of SMU........do I have to remind you that this team beat Texas Southern by 25 points or that they blew away Grambling State by 20!!!!!!!! Try this one on for size.......SMU 77 Seattle University 43 !!!!!!!!! They even decimated then #19 rated Texas A&M by a single point!!!!!! So what that they just lost to East Carolina and Tulane............that's clearly an aberration!!!!!!! They are a tall lean basketball machine and they have made it their life's mission to end the UConn winning streak at 90....................Yes I am the voice of doom and gloom and the more negative I am the better those UConn ladies play................so I say UConn struggles mightily in the first half before they finally shake free from the valiant Mustang defense........................final score 87-51..........................

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom