Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I likie the chart, thanks. A few minor nits

I believe Williams will be a RS Soph.
I see Crozier going back to C and Vechery back to G
We need more depth at S
Here's hoping a few kids can regain their RS - notably Tarbutt and Rutherford
Williams is definitely a RS Frosh bro.. check last year's signing day...
I sure hope Crozier's back manning the C spot.. and Vechery develops into a starter along the OL next to him.. he's got starter's experience now. let's hope it translates to him being that much better in year 2.
If kids like McAllister, Johnny Rob, Garland, and Terry can provide quality play in our secondary, I'm not too worried about S
Would be nice to see Tarbutt regain his RS, but as for the OL help we need, I sure hope Rutherford takes a starting spot in the trenches.. We need him to keep developing in a starting role IMO...

Reaction Score
we needed more depth at LS badly.. get we went the scholly route... I still say we still have a ton of questions on special teams though.. mainly who's gonna be the guy to return punts and/or return kicks.. not really sold on what's up on the depth chart, even though there's talent there... It just seems that special teams return game hasn't truly been on the immediate priority list during the rebuild.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Nice - but isn't Holman squarely set for TE play?

I would burn the skanes or vickers redshirt if they can outperform others at punt return and kickoff return. We have to play our best players - can't leave Ws on the shelf.

Reaction Score
Williams is definitely a RS Frosh bro.. check last year's signing day...
I sure hope Crozier's back manning the C spot.. and Vechery develops into a starter along the OL next to him.. he's got starter's experience now. let's hope it translates to him being that much better in year 2.
If kids like McAllister, Johnny Rob, Garland, and Terry can provide quality play in our secondary, I'm not too worried about S
Would be nice to see Tarbutt regain his RS, but as for the OL help we need, I sure hope Rutherford takes a starting spot in the trenches.. We need him to keep developing in a starting role IMO...

Wrong Williams - I was talking about the TE Billy W. I believe he will be a RS Soph

I can imagine several heads turning when one of the coaches starts screaming "Williams!" at practice this summer!

Reaction Score
Wrong Williams - I was talking about the TE Billy W. I believe he will be a RS Soph

I can imagine several heads turning when one of the coaches starts screaming "Williams!" at practice this summer!

My bad bro.. totally forgot about Billy Williams... Just call one Billy Dee (the actor) and the other Nas (the rapper).. easy fix... The younger generation won't really understand that, but makes a whole lotta sense to my/our generation.

Reaction Score
Nice - but isn't Holman squarely set for TE play?

I would burn the skanes or vickers redshirt if they can outperform others at punt return and kickoff return. We have to play our best players - can't leave Ws on the shelf.

I sure hope we can adopt an idea similar to UNC coach Larry Fedora's when it comes to special teams.. in some kinda way: http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Larry-Fedora-You-cant-start-if-you-dont-start-on-special-teams
"...Do you put your best players on special teams or keep them off to prevent injury? Larry Fedora wants North Carolina’s top players on special teams — and they want to be there...."

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Have heard the same about Marder leaving the team FWIW. Planning on going to law school.

Oy. Great career move for him, but that makes the hole Adams left even tougher to replace. Apparently Anthony Watkins was the only returning backup who saw game action, and I have no idea what he would bring in a larger role.

Reaction Score
Can someone else please count schollies, because with the addition of Vitale, and including Marder (about whom we have no confirmation yet), i have 87.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Can someone else please count schollies, because with the addition of Vitale, and including Marder (about whom we have no confirmation yet), i have 87.
Right, so its probably right that Marder is out leaving us 1 over. Its likely one have at least one, if not two casualties from spring ball. Either for academics or those losing interest in the program. We seem to have a surplus of LBs, so maybe we could afford to lose someone deep on the depth chart there. We also have a few Oline guys who may never see the field that check out. I'd hate to lose anyone else on the board. If nothing shakes out in spring, we'll have to grey shirt someone (defer enrollment). Frankly, I'd like to see some shake out so we have a space for a transfer.

Reaction Score
This precedent, or policy that Diaco is setting with regards to PWO players earning scholarships, explicitly, has a number of downstream advantages.

1. You will get high-quality PWOs, first off. A proven chance to win a scholarship has a way of moving up PWO recruit boards pretty quickly. This means we will nab a real player every so often, say a Donald Thomas kind of kid. I think this WR/K from PA will end up a scholarship player quickly, maybe even a contributor.

2. It keeps the bottom of your roster hungry, competitive, and stocked with real D1 players. That means our 1's and 2's have much better looks in scout team, and are constantly being pushed. Enormously important.

3. Sets a very clear message to the team: Production is what matters, not your pedigree. You produce, you play, you earn.

In Short, love this move. Think it adds to the integrity and positive nature of the program, proud to have a system like this in place.

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller6:30pm via TweetDeck
Four in-state products rewarded for hard work with scholarships from#UConn football coach Bob Diaco
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2016/02/hard-work-is-rewarded-for-uconns-home.html

>>I am working on a story that will appear on the Register's site later on today and will likely run in the paper on Monday. One aspect of this story that will play out at a further date is that the addition of Marinan, Rishell, Thompson and Vitale puts UConn (according to my computations) at 88 scholarship players so I would expect there to be some attrition since the Huskies need to be at 85 players on scholarship by the time fall/summer camp starts in August.<<

Reaction Score
OK, so i have us at 89 now with all the moves of the last few days. Still need to lose 4.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
My current roster of scholarship players - comments/corrections welcome.

I have 69 shollie players leaving room for 16 new additions.

QB (3)
Bryant Shirreffs
Garrett Anderson
Tyler Davis

RB / FB (4)
Arkeel Newsome
Ron Johnson
Josh Marriner
Jazzmar Clax

WR (6)
Noel Thomas
Tyraig Beals
Hergy Mayala
Brian Lemelle
Aaron McLean
Frank Battle

Centers/LS (4)
Ryan Crozier
Brendan Vechery
Daniel Oak
Kyle Bockeloh

Offensive Tackle (5)
Andreas Knappe
Richard Levy
Steve Hashemi
Bryan Cespedes
Chris Lee <--projected shift from TE

Guard (4)
Tommy Hopkins
Trey Rutherford
Tom Tabur
Kyle Schafenacker

Tight End (5)
Tommy Myers
Alec Bloom
Zordan Holman
Billy Williams
Ian Campbell

DT/NT (6)
Folorunso Fatukasi
Mikal Myers
Felton Blackwell
David Ryslik
Sean Marinan
Sheriden Lawley

DE (7)
Luke Carrezola <--seems more like a DE than LB to me.
Cole Ormsby
Cameron Stapleton
Philippe Okounam
Connor Freeborn
James Atkins
Dallas Parker

Linebacker (11)
Matthew Walsh
E.J. Levenberry
Junior Joseph
Jon Hicks
Vontae Diggs
Omaine Stephens
Chris Britton
Jalen Stevens
Richmond Williams
William Richardson
Nazir Williams

CB (6)
Jamar Summers
Jhavon Williams
Javon Hadley
John Green
Brice McAllister
John Robinson IV

S (5)
Obi Melifonwu
Ellis Marder
Aaron Garland
Marshé Terry
Anthony Watkins

K/P (3)
Bobby Puyol
Michael Tarbutt
Justin Wain
Thanks for posting!

Reaction Score
Okay, thanks. I'll wait to see if there are other comments before posting a correction.

Did any walk on's get schollies that affect next season? Coney? Others?
He graduated and was recognized on senior day. He is definitely moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom