Schedule Opening Question | The Boneyard

Schedule Opening Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Here's a question I've been wondering for awhile. So UConn always plays every in-state school in basketball. Why don't they play CCSU in football? Last I checked they were a FCS program so they could fill that spot. Why not try and get them scheduled for next season? I saw that they already released their schedule but I bet they'd be willing to change it. Am I missing something here and they aren't FCS? I thought they were....

Anyone know why we don't play them in football? A victory over a FCS school counts no matter how good or horrible the opponent is. Why not schedule them if we're gonna schedule a FCS school?

Reaction Score
No more directional schools please... Western, southern, central, eastern = gack! We are already getting a Central Florida and have a South Florida.

Edit... Well - Maybe a Northwestern.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Central doesn't offer enough scholarships to count towards bowl eligibility. The NEC limits scholarships to 40 and I think Central is around 32. I think you need to offer the FCS max of 63 or whatever it is to count.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i tried telling u guys a while ago but no 1 listened. western new england is a sleeper. watch out for them to shock a fbs team sometime soon. there soccer/baseball/bbball/hockey are all BE ready and they have a great tv market also.

Reaction Score
Beyond Central is awful, does not count towards bowl eligibility, and would be even less credible a win than Fordham, Murray State, etc.?

Reaction Score
With conferences expanding I doubt that D-1AA game will be allowed in the next 5-10 years.

I do believe UConn has far more to worry about than putting CCSU on the schedule.

Reaction Score
With conferences expanding I doubt that D-1AA game will be allowed in the next 5-10 years.

I doubt the one D-1AA game goes away. To many of the D-1AA programs make a lot of money off that game against a D1-A team. I believe it is to important to the financial viability of the higher level D1-AA programs.

Reaction Score
Please!!! Central? Can't we see if Vermont will resurrect their program? Come on, UConn is a BCS program, let's not regress 25 years. Let's look for attractive OOC matchups that might even interest television. If it's a 1-AA you want, at least look for someone like Delaware (revenge for when they use to own the Huskies back in the day) or Georgia Southern (revenge for the 1998 whipping) or Furman (a couple of losses back when UConn was overmatched by anyone outside of New England). Those would at least be fairly intriging games versus 1-AA.

How about Montana? They are 1-AA, and geographically they are right in the footprint of the new Big East (or soon to be the C2ShiningC Conference). They are a program that should actually give serious thought to upgrading. Only problem is that their stadium might actually be larger than Tiny Rent.

Reaction Score
Please!!! Central? Can't we see if Vermont will resurrect their program? Come on, UConn is a BCS program, let's not regress 25 years. Let's look for attractive OOC matchups that might even interest television. If it's a 1-AA you want, at least look for someone like Delaware (revenge for when they use to own the Huskies back in the day) or Georgia Southern (revenge for the 1998 whipping) or Furman (a couple of losses back when UConn was overmatched by anyone outside of New England). Those would at least be fairly intriging games versus 1-AA.

How about Montana? They are 1-AA, and geographically they are right in the footprint of the new Big East (or soon to be the C2ShiningC Conference). They are a program that should actually give serious thought to upgrading. Only problem is that their stadium might actually be larger than Tiny Rent.
Montana is the grizzlies right? I mean you can't go wrong with grizzly bears in your conference. If that's not bada** I don't know what is. Plus we got tigers now all we need is bears and lions. Hell let's call it the big oz conf.

Reaction Score
Montana is the grizzlies right? I mean you can't go wrong with grizzly bears in your conference. If that's not bada** I don't know what is. Plus we got tigers now all we need is bears and lions. Hell let's call it the big oz conf.
Oh my!!!!

Reaction Score
I doubt the one D-1AA game goes away. To many of the D-1AA programs make a lot of money off that game against a D1-A team. I believe it is to important to the financial viability of the higher level D1-AA programs.

More than that - there will always be some FBS schools with a hole in their schedule and will need an FCS school to fill it.

Reaction Score
I rather have Buffalo than Central :eek: and that's really bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom