SC vs. Vanderbilt | The Boneyard

SC vs. Vanderbilt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I caught a few minutes of this game and found the announcers a bit humorous. Since the game was at SC, they were discussing how good the crowd was. The discussion was basically that UCONN beat SC because it was at UCONN and SC had to get through 6 feet of snow. Did UCONN leave that Gampel retractable roof open?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I caught a few minutes of this game and found the announcers a bit humorous. Since the game was at SC, they were discussing how good the crowd was. The discussion was basically that UCONN beat SC because it was at UCONN and SC had to get through 6 feet of snow. Did UCONN leave that Gampel retractable roof open?
Yes. Did you not know? There was 6 feet of snow on the court but UCONN won because the boosters provided snow shoes. ;)

Reaction Score
Come on, we all know if not for that damn snow SC would have won easily. I think it was more a comment on how impressive the atmosphere and and fan support are to have over 17k at a woman's regular season game.

Reaction Score
Come on, we all know if not for that damn snow SC would have won easily. I think it was more a comment on how impressive the atmosphere and and fan support are to have over 17k at a woman's regular season game.
Glad to see a huge crowd supporting women's basketball. Just curious, how many do you think would have showed up if there was a freak 6 foot snowstorm?

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I agree that it's great to see such large crowds for women's games. Good for South Carolina.
I hope the new higher season ticket prices of $30 to $60 don't affect attendance. With 15 home games, that comes to $2 to $4 per game. So an entire season can cost just $4 more than a single-game UConn ticket.
Regarding the announcers ... well, they're SEC homers, so I understand that. It's the misinformation that I can't get my head around.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I agree that it's great to see such large crowds for women's games. Good for South Carolina.
I hope the new higher season ticket prices of $30 to $60 don't affect attendance. With 15 home games, that comes to $2 to $4 per game. So an entire season can cost just $4 more than a single-game UConn ticket.
Regarding the announcers ... well, they're SEC homers, so I understand that. It's the misinformation that I can't get my head around.

But South Carolina is such a poor state! ;) We make our money on football tickets, Gamecock Club memberships and SEC TV money. I'm glad our WBB tickets are inexpensive so that I can afford to eat. ;)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Good point. I don't mind seeing UCONN slip further down the 'attendance' list. Gampel is small but I think more games should be played there. Let students in about 5 minutes into the game and let them sit wherever they want. If the ticket holders show up, they can move...

I was very disappointed in the "pink out" game vs. Tulane. UCONN put a pink t-shirt on every single seat but less than half of the people actually put them over whatever it was they were wearing. Come on people - the old folks at the games in CT have zero style, so covering whatever sad frock they dressed up in won't suffer from a fashion perspective...

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Yes. Did you not know? There was 6 feet of snow on the court but UCONN won because the boosters provided snow shoes. ;)
roofless_gampel.jpg

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Glad to see a huge crowd supporting women's basketball. Just curious, how many do you think would have showed up if there was a freak 6 foot snowstorm?

Hahaha... That's a riot... There's not a plow in all of SC. At the sight of flurries, the state panics. Schools close. Businesses close. Nothing moves until the snow melts. Six feet of snow would definitely cause a major problem with SC basketball attendance.

Reaction Score
I was very disappointed in the "pink out" game vs. Tulane. UCONN put a pink t-shirt on every single seat but less than half of the people actually put them over whatever it was they were wearing. Come on people - the old folks at the games in CT have zero style, so covering whatever sad frock they dressed up in won't suffer from a fashion perspective...

Could be a size problem. Not everyone fits in a M or L or XL...don't know what size UCONN put on the seat...

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Hahaha... That's a riot... There's not a plow in all of SC. At the sight of flurries, the state panics. Schools close. Businesses close. Nothing moves until the snow melts. Six feet of snow would definitely cause a major problem with SC basketball attendance.

Partially true; we do have a few plows in Columbia, but why spend money on something only used an average of once a year?

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score

There were no t-shirts given out at the game yesterday. There was a pink pom pom on each seat instead. So anyone with a pink shirt wore it to the game from home. You can turn down the disappointment. :D

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
There were no t-shirts given out at the game yesterday. There was a pink pom pom on each seat instead. So anyone with a pink shirt wore it to the game from home. You can turn down the disappointment. :D
Oh. well from TV it looked like they draped a shirt over each seat.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Could be a size problem. Not everyone fits in a M or L or XL...don't know what size UCONN put on the seat...

After years and years of going to the ACC Women's tourney..... last year I finally snagged one of the prizes/shirts they throw/fire out into the crowd. Unfortunately it was a size S. I havent worn a size S since probably elementary school...... early elementary school.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score

Actually, it wasn't so much the snowfall as the raining of UConn's 3's and 2's.

More seriously, interesting to note that both teams shot substantially better percentage wise on their 3-pointers than their 2-pointers.

Reaction Score
Also during this game, one of the announcers said that, tomorrow, South Carolina may or may not remain number one. Yeah, right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom