SC Game a Sellout! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SC Game a Sellout!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
It's been rumored, mentioned that Staley will be the next Olympic coach. This Rio Olympic might be Geno's last. If I remembered correctly, Geno was apprehensive about coaching the USA team for Rio. The SC-UConn game will be a real good game. UConn rotation has 2 untested freshmen in addition to Tuck's knee issue, in addition to the travel and games involved before this game. SC is playing at home so there is some advantage there. SC is ranked#2 but what is their RPI? UConn might have a tougher schedule not counting the AAC games. My uneducated take UConn by 20+.

Our RPI is 2, also. SOS is 18.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I hope we get some real SC fans dropping by this board for some wisdom on the game from their point of view....no
matter who wins. The biggest rivalry in our game is now UConn/ND....wouldn't mind a bit if UConn/SC challenged
that status.

Say...SC fans: do you expect Dawn to be the head coach of the 2020 Olympic team? I think her Olympic history and her current role as an assisant to
Geno in Rio has her with one hand and 4 more fingers on the job.

SC is very capable of winning this game but like CckLghrn said, we need to go at least 70% from the line and 40% from three... SC makes a living at the line but UCONN doesn't foul a lot. A battle will be won there as well... UCONN's defense will present a major problem.. If our guards can't make entry passes and manufacture offense then we'll have issues putting up points. This will be a huge game for our guards to show their mettle and help our post players.

Also, I think Dawn is the obvious heir to Geno. Her Olympic pedigree and coaching experience has her primed for the job.

Reaction Score
SC is very capable of winning this game but like CckLghrn said, we need to go at least 70% from the line and 40% from three... SC makes a living at the line but UCONN doesn't foul a lot. A battle will be won there as well... UCONN's defense will present a major problem.. If our guards can't make entry passes and manufacture offense then we'll have issues putting up points. This will be a huge game for our guards to show their mettle and help our post players.

Also, I think Dawn is the obvious heir to Geno. Her Olympic pedigree and coaching experience has her primed for the job.

"UCONN doesn't foul a lot"! That is the understatement of the year. They are #1 in all 344 DI WBB in least fouls per game, averaging around 11 a game. So if SC gets to the line 12 times and makes 8 points will that make a difference? Not so much.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

Ah say, ah say, boy, lemme learn ya how to spell that username.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Ah say, ah say, boy, lemme learn ya how to spell that username.

I don't know this board's policy on that c-word... So I just avoid it all together haha.. Unless it's Gamecocks.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I don't know this board's policy on that c-word... So I just avoid it all together haha.. Unless it's Gamecocks.

The reason my username is missing letters on here is because it exceeded the maximum allowable characters.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Its great that the game is sold out. Good for SC, good for UCONN and good for WCBB.

Cockhrn - keep on posting. Enjoy your posts, repsect your team and coach. But hope we kick your butt - in a friendly way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom