Say something nice about Bob Diaco | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Say something nice about Bob Diaco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What could have been ...

Here he is in the Spring of 2016. All pizz & vinegar. Gonna give pep talks in Connecticut, NYC & Boston. It looked like ... Many of us thought ... He was on the verge of 8-4.

I truly wanted that. Loved this Team on Aug 2016.

My best thought in Diaco is I could hey ... Get a winning team myself based on our Roster of Aug 2016 & that schedule. It was my strong Blue passion - based on Diaco's BS. That cynically is what I lived & loved ... what we were gonna succeed this year. I remember that strong feeling.

Reaction Score
He's probably banged a fairly crazy amount of women

Either a ton, or like 2.

He's passionate. I think he cared. Ultimately too damn stubborn to get out of his own way.

He certainly acted like he cared and had the best intentions for the kids. I always thought of him as a genuinely good dude. The hints that he fabricated the Williams story irked me in a big way and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. That seems sociopath status, if true.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
His press conferences provided incredible sound bites on a weekly basis. He seemed like a genuine guy. He brought in Bryant Shirreffs who I really enjoyed watching. He made things fun and interesting, even if it by 'interesting' I mean downright devastating and painfully stupid decisions. He was an awful coach, but I had kind of a good time sucking. It was at least funny. PP was never funny.

Reaction Score
Did he always talk crazy like he did when he came here, or did he become unhinged? What was he like at his other jobs or in other areas of his life?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Speaking of traditions that may be going away...I am guessing that the Ladies Football 101 night has seen its last days. Could you imagine Edsall with hundreds of ladies teaching them the fundamentals of the game of football????:D

I'm pretty sure those nights started with Edsall.

Reaction Score
Bob's wife is beautiful and looks much better in spandex jeans than he does. ;)
Bob was artful enough to extract a ton of money from a state that has none. ;)
OK trying hard for a third.....Yes he is no longer here! ;)

Reaction Score
I'll give him one thing - he was the only coach to beat Houston last year. With Tim Boyle for most of the game. Guess the stars aligned that night.

Even though Greg Ward wasn't healthy it was still a solid W that got us bowl-eligible.

That, that's about it.

Reaction Score
After the first press conference with Diaco, I called my brother and said he's a "smoke thrower." Sadly the first correct call I had in college football in a long time. I recently joked to my brother that Randy Edsall was the only one that could fix this dumpster fire. Hopefully I'll be 2 for 2.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Speaking of traditions that may be going away...I am guessing that the Ladies Football 101 night has seen its last days. Could you imagine Edsall with hundreds of ladies teaching them the fundamentals of the game of football????:D
Why do women need a course on football? Don't they pick up enough of the game while serving us wings and bringing us beer??? ;)

Reaction Score
He cared about his players so much he thought showing love, no matter what, was the way to go.

PPGDL thought tearing the players down, showing no love at all, and then kicking them when they were down was the way to go.

So I guess it makes him a much better human being than the evil twins.

Reaction Score
To borrow a line from that great football novel North Dallas Forty; I liked his red pants so much I'd like two pair. One to Sh#t on and one to cover it up with. I Guess he was easy to spot on the sidelines for the QB to get directions from. And another thing, the hat which is my only investment into the Dibacle era is great as a sun hat for a bald head when mowing the lawn. I don't know as if I would wear it to a game next year since we have cut the cord.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He donated a large chunk of money to the University AD, 250k if I'm not mistaken. That's pretty cool, he didn't have to do that.
I suspect this was spread over a multi-year non-binding pledge will likely go unfulfilled

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Wears a bucket hat to perfection.

**price reduction may or may not be related to any recent events**

IMG_1845.PNG

Reaction Score
Diaco was well organized and meticulous . . . . . . when displaying a white board that monitored and displayed all of UCONN opponents committs on signing day.

That was when I knew ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro