Saturday's WNBA playoff attendence | The Boneyard

Saturday's WNBA playoff attendence

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
According to the box scores, there were 6100 in Washington and 7000 in San Antonio (rounded).

I watched the games on TV - did anyone else and did anyone see even half of those Mystic fans???

The San Antonio number looked solid - saying goodbye to Becky is my guess. She was for many, many years, my personal favorite, eclipsed by Cappie and then Diana.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I noticed, too, the great number of empty seats in Washington. San Antonio was much more energetic than Washington.

Reaction Score
I went to the Mystics game. Disappointed with result and attendance. At 4:50 pm, there were only about a thousand; most of the crowd showed up at 5 or after. But those that were there were an enthusiatic bunch. Latta was rallying the crowd urging them to stand. I was just behind the bench and Mike T. was animated and fun to watch. Too bad he was frustrated most of the game.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
The Mystics caused Indiana some problems in this series. They just struggled down the stretch.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I was stunned at the attendance in Washington. Looked to be about 1,000 people. Totally unlike Phx, for example, who had the entire lower bowl filled. 6,100? They couldn't even give away tickets and put half that many fannies in the seats. Has to be really disappointing for he franchise to make the playoffs only to have very few fans care...

Reaction Score
I was stunned at the attendance in Washington. Looked to be about 1,000 people. Totally unlike Phx, for example, who had the entire lower bowl filled. 6,100? They couldn't even give away tickets and put half that many fannies in the seats. Has to be really disappointing for he franchise to make the playoffs only to have very few fans care...
The Mercury reported attendance as 11,591 for Friday's game. ?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The Mystics caused Indiana some problems in this series. They just struggled down the stretch.

It's amazing the game was as close as it was considering how poorly Latta shot the ball and how little was accomplished by starters Currie, Vaughn and Hartley. Credit to Lawson, Hawkins and Dolson for keeping the Mystics in the game.

Indiana has always been my least favorite WNBA team to watch. They clutch and grab on defense, probably because they tend to shoot poorly and have to stop other teams from scoring. Catchings was great. Her perimeter shooting has seen better days but she's still tenacious and aggressive on the boards.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I'd guess the Mystics' fans are still recovering from Sheila's mismanagement of both them and the team. Give them a couple of successful years and the fans will come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom