Saturday's visitors....who are we hosting? | The Boneyard

Saturday's visitors....who are we hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There has been some hype and Coach P has marked this on his calendar as the official official visit weekend for recruits and commits alike. Besides our already committed husky recruits, do we have a good list of visitors at this point?

Reaction Score
On rivals they have committed players Fatukasi, Lagow, Thomas Lucas, Tommy Myers, and Noel Thomas.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
coggins will be at the game. laray smith last i heard was going with some other nyc kids also suposedly.

Reaction Score
Rich Lagow and Josh Mariner convo.

Richard Lagow © (@RichardLagow)
11/26/12, 10:47 PM
@Mr_JoshDoIT you gonna be at the game this week?

“@Mr_JoshDoIT: @RichardLagow I can't man. I wanted to but I run track to”

Lagow is pumped to visit. Told him to bring his long johns...

Reaction Score
Parrys Marshall, Donyell's son, a 14 recruit. A big surprise in that Jeremy Kerr, a Miami recruit and TE, is coming. Martell Clark (WR), Razahn Howard a DT committed to Purdue will be there. Sean Rubalcava an OL. Brandon Vandenburg, another TE. It;s more than hype, they are bringing in a good deal of talent. Let's hope the fans and players show up and provide the kids with a day to remember

Reaction Score
God help us if none of the people being brought in is a JUCO LT. That is the one vacancy next season that I don't see how we fill from our current roster (and you don't ever want to start a true freshman LT).

Reaction Score
Isn't Bennett back? I know folks are nervous about Hemingway, but I believe he will be a player - and ignore weights listed, this staff takes the Spackler approach and updates those once a year, in the spring.

Reaction Score
Parrys Marshall, Donyell's son, a 14 recruit. A big surprise in that Jeremy Kerr, a Miami recruit and TE, is coming. Martell Clark (WR), Razahn Howard a DT committed to Purdue will be there. Sean Rubalcava an OL. Brandon Vandenburg, another TE. It;s more than hype, they are bringing in a good deal of talent. Let's hope the fans and players show up and provide the kids with a day to remember
Interesting...a big surprise indeed that a Miami TE recruit will be at the game this weekend....I guess no invite for Joyner who is in our own backyard? So frustrating! He had a great season at a prep school in CT...I hope we don't look back in retrospect and remember him as the one who got away!! SMH As far as Razahn Howard is concerned...I'm really surprised---I heard through the grapevine that he has academic qualification issues and may end up at Nassau Community College. I guess I'll wait and see if my source is right!

Reaction Score
Isn't Bennett back? I know folks are nervous about Hemingway, but I believe he will be a player - and ignore weights listed, this staff takes the Spackler approach and updates those once a year, in the spring.

Bennett is a 5th year senior and the UConn release for Satureday's game say he is being honored as a graduating senior.

Reaction Score
Joyner will commit even if he's offered the morning of signing day. Might as well recruit Kerr more if they have him higher on their board.

Reaction Score
Bennett is eligible for a 6th year which can' t be done until after the season so in the event he does decide to leave he needs to be recognized as his senior season now. And congrats to Jimmy he's been through a lot. Selfishly I hope he comes back.

Reaction Score
Words can't express how psyched I am that this game is going to be important. If we came in with 4 wins this would really be rough, but we should be able to pack the place and put on a good show for the recruits. P has done well with recruiting so far, and I have a feeling we're going to get a nice surprise or two before signing day. We're 5.5 point dogs, but we usually do well against Cinci at home so I'm pretty optimistic.

And to Jerry, it's not selfish to hope Bennett comes back for another year. Another year of experience in this system will probably be the difference between him being drafted and not.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see him back. With him back, the only real hole on O will be at TE, and you can play without TEs a large part of the time if you need to. I did think he has played better as the season wore on (which is what you would expect coming off knee surgery) and think there is a chance that, if he had a 6th year, he could go from playing well to an impact player.

We'll have to see.

Reaction Score
Scratch Clark and Howard. Sorry.

As for Kerr, keep in mind he is a FL kid who is committed to Miami, but worried about their fate. He also took an official to and has an offer from FSU and is setting more officials. I look at him as a longshot, but certainly worth the cost of the ticket. This might be the first kid to take an offical to UConn after an official to FSU.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
What about trent? He is supose to come right? I asume u guys are getting names from the sites...

Reaction Score
What about trent? He is supose to come right? I asume u guys are getting names from the sites...

NO

The 6-foot-4, 255-pound Trent said he called ISU head coach Paul Rhoads and told him that he would not take any additional college visits and that he was solidly committed to Iowa State. Trent had another official visit already scheduled to a Big East and was planning several others, in addition to an unofficial to an ACC school. But now none of that traveling will happen, according to Trent.

"I cancelled the visit I had set up with UConn," Trent said. "I called and told them."

Reaction Score
Just saw on Rivals J.D. Krill, JUCO from CA, is visiting on December 6th.....the dude looks like a beast

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Just saw on Rivals J.D. Krill, JUCO from CA, is visiting on December 6th.....the dude looks like a beast

offer him right now! turn him into a tackle not te.

pj

Reaction Score
God help us if none of the people being brought in is a JUCO LT. That is the one vacancy next season that I don't see how we fill from our current roster (and you don't ever want to start a true freshman LT).

We don't need tackles, or guards. We'll just get six 280 lb 6'6" TEs and have a different lineman be the eligible receiver on every play. The defense will be totally confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom