Saturday is a big game... | The Boneyard

Saturday is a big game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Saturday, UConn goes to UCF in the biggest game in Bob Diaco's reign.

It's a brutal spot for UConn - coming back across the country and going back on the road.

UCF is working on one of the great collapses in college football history. If they don't win this game 0-9 seems probable and 0-12 is in play.

As if UCF didn't have revenge in mind - Diaco made them a focus in the offseason.

The balance of UConn's season becomes a formality if they can't win this game. If you needed some cold water in your face UCF opened as a 2.5 point favorite.

4-13 to date... Stony Brook, Villanova and Army are the non-UCF wins....

There are clear positives to date and the staff is digging out of a trench but their non-redshirted first class will be almost 40% of the way through their college careers after Saturday.

If they don't win this game they are looking at being winless on the road for a second straight season.

Nobody's job is at stake but they need this game in a bad way. It's too early to start looking to 2016, but a loss and it's another season going to waste.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Was pretty surprised when I saw UConn as dogs. You're definitely right though, huge game here for HCBD. A loss would be very embarrassing.

Reaction Score
I'm going to be extremely disappointed if we don't pull out a W on Saturday. If we played this game right after Army I'd have 100% confidence but after the last few collapses it has me a little worried.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is game 2 of the CONFlict. Bobby will be ready.

If BD is a man if his word, this is a big game. A game you circle on the calendar mid-summer.

Hoping for a strong southern show of support.

3:45 start is bad for a lot of the UConn retirees in Florida. That's just about the same time as Over 50 dinner specials at Denny's and IHOP.

Reaction Score
There are no easy wins for us with our struggle to function on offense. This weeks game is a great opportunity to get one win closer to bowl eligible and generate some positive mojo. Come up short here and it throws a wet blanket on all the talk about improvement this season. The difference in ability to pressure the passer by BYU vs UConn's pass rush was the difference in the game IMO. Watching the BYU QB roll to his right and we had no one to stop him repeatedly drove me crazy. Then you see BYU eat us alive with blitz's that led to BS getting trucked. Our tackles are big people but when they pass pro they are just not being physical enough to stop rushers, weak punch, no follow through, they need to pop people and knock them back, it never happens. Our inside guys and backs miss guys or turn them loose. This has to get fixed or we are headed for a 4 win season. With the Civil Conflict trophy, preseason this game was going to be a big one for both teams but we need to stop the losing streak at 3 now.

Reaction Score
Agreed. If we want a realistic shot at a bowl bid, this game is an absolute must. Also important for the psyche of this team and the trajectory the season takes.

Not too surprised we're underdogs. The oddsmakers probably still see UConn and UCF and think of the past 2 years.

Reaction Score
Saturday, UConn goes to UCF in the biggest game in Bob Diaco's reign.

It's a brutal spot for UConn - coming back across the country and going back on the road.

UCF is working on one of the great collapses in college football history. If they don't win this game 0-9 seems probable and 0-12 is in play.

As if UCF didn't have revenge in mind - Diaco made them a focus in the offseason.

The balance of UConn's season becomes a formality if they can't win this game. If you needed some cold water in your face UCF opened as a 2.5 point favorite.

4-13 to date... Stony Brook, Villanova and Army are the non-UCF wins....

There are clear positives to date and the staff is digging out of a trench but their non-redshirted first class will be almost 40% of the way through their college careers after Saturday.

If they don't win this game they are looking at being winless on the road for a second straight season.

Nobody's job is at stake but they need this game in a bad way. It's too early to start looking to 2016, but a loss and it's another season going to waste.
Totally agree and l will go 1 step further. I think the next 2 games are huge and will determine our season. Really need to get both wins, and go to Cincinnati for a very important game. Not trying to be greedy, but I really want these next 2 games. Will make the rest of season incredibly interesting and to me it would be a turning point in right direction.

Lose the next 2, and we are looking at a 3 or maybe 4 win season. Realize that would be improvement over last year, but not a satisfying season.

With that said, I have a feeling we win both

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's a joke that we're not favored in this spot. Andrew Adams has a lot to prove. He won't let us lose. We'll win big and hoist the trophy.

FWIW, UConn is 2-3 ATS. Maybe proclaiming every week the market is wrong and you are right is silly?

Reaction Score
Hard not to get fired up for this game. I mean, it's rivalry week!!!! People might think UCF is having a down year, but you better believe they will be motivated to win the 2015 game in this storied rivalry. Lots of bad blood developed over the many years UCONN and UCF have played. Civil Conflict? More like Uncivil Conflict.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I kind of wish Coach didn't create this whole "rivalry" thing. UCF is starting to go through the motions and at 0-5, the season is lost. The last thing I want is for them to have any motivation to play this game. We need this W really bad. We can still get to 6 wins on the season if we lose, but the road is a lot more bumpy and we'll have to knock off someone we won't be supposed to.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This is a big game for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is to get some swagger back for the kids.

Get back to 3-3. Get back to 1-1 in conference. Take the trophy home, and hopefully take some momentum into the USF game...

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
We've set the fence posts on the left (better than nova and army) and right (not as good as Mizzou and BYU). Probably puts us, arbitrarily, in the 40-90 range... The rest of the season will narrow that window for us. I think it's very important, in terms of support and interest, that this season provides something that we can sell as momentum going into next season.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We've set the fence posts on the left (better than nova and army) and right (not as good as Mizzou and BYU). Probably puts us, arbitrarily, in the 40-90 range... The rest of the season will narrow that window for us. I think it's very important, in terms of support and interest, that this season provides something that we can sell as momentum going into next season.

Funny the computer average is 90.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The market is wrong this week.

Yep just like Friday. And the prior Saturday. And two Saturdays before that.

I know it's just a dumb message board but you'd think you'd want intellegent people to take you seriously if you are going to waste
time posting.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Yep just like Friday. And the prior Saturday. And two Saturdays before that.

I know it's just a dumb message board but you'd think you'd want intellegent people to take you seriously if you are going to waste
time posting.

It's much easier to measure intelligence on your reactions to our posts than to measure our posts on the reactions of presumedly intelligent people... must admit that I'm still trying to wrap my head around the proposition that the juggernaut that is UConn should not be losing to teams like BYU, Navy, and Mizzou.

Reaction Score
But yea, we need to win.

Glad Diaco hasn't done any patting the team on the back for being competitive the last few weeks. Need to go into this one pissed we've been coming up short and hungry for a win. Last year we followed up our few impressive games against good competition with duds, that can't happen now.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Big UConn road game wins? In the past 7 seasons doesn't it look something like this?

ND in 2009
USF 2010
MD 2012
VILLE 2012

I'll be cautiously optimistic.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's much easier to measure intelligence on your reactions to our posts than to measure our posts on the reactions of presumedly intelligent people... must admit that I'm still trying to wrap my head around the proposition that the juggernaut that is UConn should not be losing to teams like BYU, Navy, and Mizzou.

While it might be easier, measuring my lack of intellegence lacks utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom