Satellite Camps Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Don't agree with this at all. SEC wins another with NCAA:

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how I feel about this. I see the argument from both sides of the table, but if I was an alumni or fan of a school I can't get to for more anything outside of one game, I'd love the idea of a satellite camp.

Reaction Score
Blame Harbaugh. :cool: These things flew under the radar for years until he made a big stink about it on social media basically throwing it in The SEC's Collective Face. Kind of a shame, because these camps could really benefit a school like UCONN that doesn't have a ton of talent in their home area. It allows the coaches a chance to get a look at a bunch of good players, that might potentially be interested, but are not be able to make it to campus for a camp or non official visit.

Reaction Score
A few years back, I proposed the the Huskies play some of their Spring scrimmages at Connecticut high schools around the state to build interest and recruiting. Still think it would be a good idea if it ain't against the rules.

Reaction Score
A few years back, I proposed the the Huskies play some of their Spring scrimmages at Connecticut high schools around the state to build interest and recruiting. Still think it would be a good idea if it ain't against the rules.

We did this when I get as there. I remember having a Saturday spring practice at the Surf Club in Madison.

Reaction Score
Another first row seat to the NCAA Crap Show. So will they ban fall-ball in college baseball?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's protectionism for two groups. 1. Schools in the SEC, FL, CA and TX. 2. Schools that can't afford to put on a FB camp a 1000 miles from their campus.

That's a pretty large group of schools that aren't Michigan and Ohio St.

Reaction Score
You really have to wonder (if you haven't already) what the NCAA is focused on or what they view their role being going forward. I can easily see the BIG saying "pound sand". This will be enforced against the non-P5 far more than it will the P5

Drew

Reaction Score
Not when the most major of the conferences was the one pushing the rule . . .

the only ones who wanted this rule were the SEC and half of the ACC. Its a territorial thing for them, they don't want schools from the north/midwest/west to come into their territories to recruit.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
You really have to wonder (if you haven't already) what the NCAA is focused on or what they view their role being going forward. I can easily see the BIG saying "pound sand". This will be enforced against the non-P5 far more than it will the P5

They are the Roger Goodell of CFB. They are solely there to protect the member institutions from anti trust actions and bad PR. Occasionally, they settle internal squabbles in favor of those who generate the money. Personal presidential vendetta aside.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
the only ones who wanted this rule were the SEC and half of the ACC. Its a territorial thing for them, they don't want schools from the north/midwest/west to come into their territories to recruit.

My guess is bottom end revenue schools from the other leagues and G5 schools also didn't like this idea.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
SEC wins again. /r/cfb has a huge thread on this.

Drew

Reaction Score
My guess is bottom end revenue schools from the other leagues and G5 schools also didn't like this idea.

Reaction Score
SEC wins again. /r/cfb has a huge thread on this.
I predict the thread to be something like this all the rational fans have no issue with it, then the Vanderbilt/Kentucky homers come in saying it's an unfair recruiting advantage against schools like Bama. Then they say how the B1G plays no one, but the B1G fans point out how any southern school refuses to travel north after September and how the SEC is really only LSU, Bama and Ole Miss.

Reaction Score
coachfitz511:35pm via Twitter for iPhone
Disappointed to read satellite camp news-better solutions than a ban- will hurt PSA's & Group of 5 schools.
CfiZDdtXEAECxGL.jpg

Reaction Score

APA

Reaction Score
It's the exact opposite of a conflict. He has a few players and at least one assistant coach from the school. He is Catholic. One of the graduates will be playing at Michigan next year. His giving the speech does not conflict with but aligns fully with his goal of keeping a high profile. Every coach would do it given the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom