Sat. Jan 7 -- The Decision | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sat. Jan 7 -- The Decision

Reaction Score
I think this is a really good indication that he is leaning towards UConn. He is announcing from the city and has NYC as his background this shows that he wants to represent his home town (more like city) and that loyalty is important to him. This bodes well for UConn coaching staff as KO has been after him the longest and UConn is NYC's home team.

Secondly there was news that even up until today Hamidou was working on setting up a visit to Arizona for this weekend. The fact that he has set up a commitment date means he already knows which school he's going to commit to, and the fact that he was working on the logistics to visit Arizona shows he was taking some visits out of respect for the coaching staffs of other schools recruiting him and for the fun of it.

For all of the hard work and time that UConn has put in Hamidou I doubt one visit to UK can override what KO and staff (and current players) has built with Hamidou.

Also when reading some of the responses to Hamidous tweet on twitter, I was lmao to the lone cuse fan who thinks the orange have a shot with Hamidou. Facts just have very little value in Syracuse I guess.
It is highly likely that he has known since his Kentucky visit. This is a bit dramatic for my taste.

Reaction Score
We're not out until Oz says we're out, don't give up hope.

Not for nothing, but his coach and some others have been feeding media people like Zags and others Kentucky for months, while Oz has been holding the UConn line. Seems to me that if this news is correct, and Meyer was definitive here when he wrote "WILL NOT PLAY," that Oz may not have had the inside line on this one.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Him packing his bags and not announcing from PSA the school where he blew up that happens to be based in Connecticut the school recruiting him the hardest and going back home to announce... Don't like the look of that HAMI. Why is UCONN husky logo at bottom right corner in the announcement. DOOMED
Always save the best for last.. Doomed:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The way the year has gone, probably not UConn. But if he's just anywhere for half a season and then to the NBA, I don't care. He wouldn't make us a championship contender and probably not even a tourney contender. If he intends to stay next year, then sure I'm all in. But otherwise - meh.

On-court wise, this is absolutely correct.

It's off-court where this recruit could either greatly help or harm.

C

Chief00

Not for nothing, but his coach and some others have been feeding media people like Zags and others Kentucky for months, while Oz has been holding the UConn line. Seems to me that if this news is correct, and Meyer was definitive here when he wrote "WILL NOT PLAY," that Oz may not have had the inside line on this one.
So are you saying that Glen Miller, who has practically lived at PSA the last two years, did not have the top relationship with his coach?

C

Chief00

I have been criticized about not getting on the Oz bandwagon - I wish I could - but it's not what the dudes are saying and I need to go by that. Even Oz now is saying we have done all that we can not that he is definitely UConn bound. Let's hope something changes in the next 72 hours - somebody beat that UK future sneaker deal or something? I always try to have some optimism.

Reaction Score
I really haven't followed this whole story closely enough...but wouldn't he want to showcase himself in the NCAA tourney? Why come here?

Reaction Score
So are you saying that Glen Miller, who has practically lived at PSA the last two years, did not have the top relationship with his coach?

No I am not saying that.

Reaction Score
This looks like a s&*tshow to me. I was keeping up with this recruitment but I think I'm done wasting time following this. If he comes here, great. If he doesn't, great. The tea leaves aren't showing me a dog.

Reaction Score
wait.gif

Reaction Score
I think immediately following the announcement we should have a battle royale melee in the Octagon, last man standing kind of thing.

Reaction Score
Are people seriously going to rearrange their day to hear a teenager mouth one word?

Even if I was his age (or much younger) the only word coming from a teenager I would arrange my day for was the word "yes" and only from a female.

Reaction Score
Him packing his bags and not announcing from PSA the school where he blew up that happens to be based in Connecticut the school recruiting him the hardest and going back home to announce... Don't like the look of that HAMI. Why is UCONN husky logo at bottom right corner in the announcement. DOOMED

I agree...and...PSA is about 25 miles from Gampel Pavilion. why pack your bags to go to NYC and then go back to Storrs?...that is not logical just from an operational standpoint, but it is not like Queens is a world away as well....there should be a moratorium on all comments about this until "the announcement".......starting now

Reaction Score
I agree...and...PSA is about 25 miles from Gampel Pavilion. why pack your bags to go to NYC and then go back to Storrs?...that is not logical just from an operational standpoint, but it is not like Queens is a world away as well....there should be a moratorium on all comments about this until "the announcement"..starting now
He's not currently attending a school. He lives in NYC. He left PSA before Christmas and never went back.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I agree...and...PSA is about 25 miles from Gampel Pavilion. why pack your bags to go to NYC and then go back to Storrs?...that is not logical just from an operational standpoint, but it is not like Queens is a world away as well....there should be a moratorium on all comments about this until "the announcement"..starting now
Maybe he wants to be with family and friends in NYC and party?

Reaction Score
Hes going to Kentucky. Im 100% convinced. The writing is on the wall if you have followed this recruitment the last couple weeks. You cant say this wont sting because KO and the staff put a world of time and effort into this kid for a long time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom