Sat. Jan 7 -- The Decision | The Boneyard

Sat. Jan 7 -- The Decision

Reaction Score
Announcing where?

IMG_0108.PNG

Reaction Score

I think this is a really good indication that he is leaning towards UConn. He is announcing from the city and has NYC as his background this shows that he wants to represent his home town (more like city) and that loyalty is important to him. This bodes well for UConn coaching staff as KO has been after him the longest and UConn is NYC's home team.

Secondly there was news that even up until today Hamidou was working on setting up a visit to Arizona for this weekend. The fact that he has set up a commitment date means he already knows which school he's going to commit to, and the fact that he was working on the logistics to visit Arizona shows he was taking some visits out of respect for the coaching staffs of other schools recruiting him and for the fun of it.

For all of the hard work and time that UConn has put in Hamidou I doubt one visit to UK can override what KO and staff (and current players) has built with Hamidou.

Also when reading some of the responses to Hamidous tweet on twitter, I was lmao to the lone cuse fan who thinks the orange have a shot with Hamidou. Facts just have very little value in Syracuse I guess.

Reaction Score
I think this is a really good indication that he is leaning towards UConn. He is announcing from the city and has NYC as his background this shows that he wants to represent his home town (more like city) and that loyalty is important to him. This bodes well for UConn coaching staff as KO has been after him the longest and UConn is NYC's home team.

Secondly there was news that even up until today Hamidou was working on setting up a visit to Arizona for this weekend. The fact that he has set up a commitment date means he already knows which school he's going to commit to, and the fact that he was working on the logistics to visit Arizona shows he was taking some visits out of respect for the coaching staffs of other schools recruiting him and for the fun of it.

For all of the hard work and time that UConn has put in Hamidou I doubt one visit to UK can override what KO and staff (and current players) has built with Hamidou.

Also when reading some of the responses to Hamidous tweet on twitter, I was lmao to the lone cuse fan who thinks the orange have a shot with Hamidou. Facts just have very little value in Syracuse I guess.

I like your optimism. I recommend UCONN fans purchasing mass quantities of alcohol.

Reaction Score

44056222.jpg

Over/under 7 pages in the next 3 days?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
The way the year has gone, probably not UConn. But if he's just anywhere for half a season and then to the NBA, I don't care. He wouldn't make us a championship contender and probably not even a tourney contender. If he intends to stay next year, then sure I'm all in. But otherwise - meh.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score

Just like when Knicks fans, myself included, were convinced that Lebron announcing his decision from Greenwich was a geographical positive.....

decision-gif-5.gif

Reaction Score
Would have been better if he used the 1950's Uconn logo.

H

huskymagic

Him packing his bags and not announcing from PSA the school where he blew up that happens to be based in Connecticut the school recruiting him the hardest and going back home to announce... Don't like the look of that HAMI. Why is UCONN husky logo at bottom right corner in the announcement. DOOMED

Reaction Score
The way the year has gone, probably not UConn. But if he's just anywhere for half a season and then to the NBA, I don't care. He wouldn't make us a championship contender and probably not even a tourney contender. If he intends to stay next year, then sure I'm all in. But otherwise - meh.

At this point I'll be amazed if I remember to check the board on Saturday. Just pull the trigger and be done with it. This season is going to be brutal no matter what, and next year will hopefully be better whether he comes here or not.

Reaction Score
Thank God it will finally be over

Honestly have no idea whether Hami will come here or not, and not sure I care at this point. BUT - you have to respect his PR talent.

If the basketball thing doesn't work out, we should hire him as AD. He'll have the ACC and B1G on pins and needles as they await our announcement about which one we'll commit to.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom