Saniya Chong | The Boneyard

Saniya Chong

Reaction Score
Wanted to give a huge shout out to Saniya Chong. She has had some really impressive moments that were huge for this team. There always seems to be some contributions that go unnoticed but are really important in the whole scheme of things and her play has been really good for the teams current success.

Reaction Score
Somehow this resonates so much for me

"That I'm going to get my degree, it means so, so much to me," Chong said. "I'm going to be the first one in my family to graduate from college. My father was only able to go to a community college and my mother didn't get to go at all because she had my brother. I take a lot of pride in it because I know how proud my parents and family are of me for doing that. To get the basketball scholarship, to get this education, it means a lot to me because it meant so much to them."

UConn is so much more than BB particularly for those with a little less !!!!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Nice Cuomo court vision clip (first posting on SNY) of a Samuelson three with Chong providing a very effective screen against two defenders. Nice acknowledgement of one of those 'plays' that can easily go unnoticed and are never recorded in stats - Chong's plays was just as important as the pass that got an assist.

Reaction Score
Nice Cuomo court vision clip (first posting on SNY) of a Samuelson three with Chong providing a very effective screen against two defenders. Nice acknowledgement of one of those 'plays' that can easily go unnoticed and are never recorded in stats - Chong's plays was just as important as the pass that got an assist.

Also take a look at the All Access video, Chong also played a huge role in Florida State win. At end of game with score tied I think - (before Collier's block and the foul at the defensive end), in their final huddle Geno looks Chong in the eyes and says "your gonna make a play and win this game for us, right" and she promptly takes ball from top of key and drives through traffic and scores it.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Lots of reasons to root for her. There aren't that many examples of Asian-American athletes that play basketball at this level. So I like this kind of diversity. On a related note, if this topic interests you, there is a great story about Baylor's Natalie Chou.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Wanted to give a huge shout out to Saniya Chong. She has had some really impressive moments that were huge for this team. There always seems to be some contributions that go unnoticed but are really important in the whole scheme of things and her play has been really good for the teams current success.

Saniya's talent was always there, it just needed an opportunity to vent. In high school, she was not asked or required to play defense at the level Geno expects/demands. She has now crossed that threshold. The more time she spends on the floor (as a starter, those minutes should be many), the more honed her skills (on both ends of the court) will become, and the more comfortable she'll be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom