Saniya can do it (and Tierney too!) | The Boneyard

Saniya can do it (and Tierney too!)

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
As it stands, at UCONN Saniya Chong's record sits at 130-1 (13-14 40-0, 14-15 38-1, 15-16 38-0, 16-17 14-0)

We all know Stewie's class holds the NCAA record at 151 wins.

Should the huskies keep winning (15 more games + 3 AAC turney games) Saniya and Tierney will match that record by winning in the Sweet 16 and can pass the mark winning the regional final (in Bridgeport we'd presume). Final four wins would be brownie points.

And shall we (oh my, forgive me:eek:) lose a game or two before the NCAA turney, the players still have a chance to chase the record on their way to winning a National Championship.

Personally, I like their chances :):):)

Reaction Score
We can always look at the other way, how many classes can say they only lost two games in a span of four years? That ought to be a record as well.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not a given.

I see UCONN possibly not making it far in the NCAA's...
56189069.jpg

Reaction Score
Dec. 28, 2015, vs. No. 6 Maryland, 83-73 (C): At Madison Square Garden in New York City, the Terps successfully fed the ball inside to Brionna Jones, who scored 24 points on 12-of-14 shooting. Maryland was down by nine to start the fourth quarter but got within four with 1:08 left on Tierney Pfirman's 3-pointer. However, UConn got a key basket 28 seconds later from an unexpected source: Saniya Chong answered with a 3-pointer. The Huskies then stretched the margin to 10 to close out the final minute. Stewart had 23 points and seven assists to lead the Huskies in what proved to be their only close finish of the entire season. In retrospect, any sense of "suspense" for the 2015-16 Huskies began and ended with this game.

In 89-game run, UConn has always had the answer

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Not a given.

If "By far" you mean winning the whole thing, then yes I will concede that it is possible they could lose in the final four. If you mean in the first couple of rounds - you be crazy.

Reaction Score
Not a given.

Isn't that the same argument many had prior to the Baylor/ND/MD/USF games?? Argument wrong word--same opinion?
You are ever so correct in that it is NOT A GIVEN==a let down, injuries, fouls (MD game), off night for all 5 of the Mad Dog 5--it happens, it gets to be contagious. What is the saving grace --those five are not looking to that SPECIAL leader--who may have a bad night and infect the team.

Reaction Score
In the beginning, I did not think that UConn Women would compete for the National Championship. However, after watching every game played to date, there is no reason why they could not end up in the championship game. Granted all of the teams will get better by March, but there is no question with every game being played, the UConn women are also getting better.

Last March, we watched a number of projected "final four" teams eliminated. I don't think that this going to happen with these young ladies. They have the heart and determination and acceptance of "Connecticut" Geno basketball. They have something to prove. And, that is that they are champions too! Without Moriah, Breanna, and Morgan.

Reaction Score
Not a given.

Man I would love to get some of what you must be smoking! Have you watched a game this year? LOL

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Not a given.

Who kicked your butt today? A nice cup of chamomile tea, your favorite sound track.... it will be alright.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Who kicked your butt today? A nice cup of chamomile tea, your favorite sound track.... it will be alright.

While I share your reaction and those of others, I do hope that we realize that if the "offending" statement were shown to Geno, he'd nod and say something like, "That's what I've been trying to tell you guys."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
While I share your reaction and those of others, I do hope that we realize that if the "offending" statement were shown to Geno, he'd nod and say something like, "That's what I've been trying to tell you guys."

I suspect you're wrong. Geno is a little schizoid about such stuff. He's just as likely to say: Oh, what 8 seed is your favorite to do that? As he snorts and looks away.

Reaction Score
A little honesty---causes a big stir -----WE ALL MISSED THE WORD---POSSIBLY!!

If .001 chance counts not going far then it makes sense. After playing the hardest schedule beating the best teams what logic is there an unranked would prevent them from going far. Just beat #20 by 65 points....

Reaction Score
If .001 chance counts not going far then it makes sense. After playing the hardest schedule beating the best teams what logic is there an unranked would prevent them from going far. Just beat #20 by 65 points....
He said POSSIBILITY-------NOT PROBABILITY !! ----But using either word---it is possible, and there is a probability that Uconn may not make it ALL the way in the NCAA. Just because UC beat Baylor, ND, OHio, MD once does not mean the shall beat them again--
NEVER say NEVER~!!!
Does he or I want Uconn to go to the NC---Yell --Yes .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom